One more vote for Averland.
More precisely, Averheim.
Many reasons for that:
- "Averland is one of the richest provinces => I want to buy the best weapons engineers can make!
- its army is famous for its ostentatious uniforms. => Perfect excuse to paint as beautifully as I can (at least I wish I will in the future...).
- the finest steeds for riding and for battle come from here. => excellent for my knights!
- excellent wine. => excellent for my knights... and everybody else!
- heavy use of the crossbow=> I find them useful.
- greater use of mercenaries"=> possibly in the future.
- That's where the
secular knights of the Black Bear have their home.
"Easily the most boisterous of all the Knightly Orders within the Empire, the Knights of the Black Bear maintain (...) a Chapterhouse in Averheim itself." => That alone was sufficient to settle down in Averheim!
Not forgetting the extraordinary fluff of our late count, a poet, an engineer and a martial hero altogether (and a wacky person, even better!).
Hey, perfect for an army like mine, fielding heavy cavalry, expensive warmachines and many shooters, as well as brilliant wizards and even creative engineers.
No endless hordes of hopeless men counting only on their sheer mass to compensate for them being butchered. We will win through speed and technology!
No brainless fanatics nor WAltar. I trust powder and armour.
No weird zoo. Horse breeding is under perfect control. In steel lays our future.