home

Author Topic: Another Forum?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline winger

Another Forum?
« on: January 28, 2004, 05:34:52 PM »
I know you are having bandwidth problems right now (am hoping you can find a cheap, good way to fix them *crossed fingers*), but I was wondering if you might want to add another forum such as a "Trash Heap" for off topic posts like politics and sports.  I, for one, find it quite fastinating to discuss politics with someone on the other side of the earth.  Just a suggestion, if you don't want to, I will understand.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Offline Tomas von Holbien

Another Forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 02:55:42 AM »
That ain't a half bad idea and if possible would be interestin to say the least.
Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get, however in you case life is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!!!

Offline Vonbloodbath

Another Forum?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 09:53:47 AM »
Having a free for all section is a great idea, and can really help build up a community. That being said, I think this site is doing fine without one.

But if there was to be a free for all, my experiences on other sites, particularily during the last Gulf War, have taught me that politics and religion should not be discussed. There is a thine line between discussion and abuse.

Vb
The storm has broken over my head,
I am tempest-tossed and drowned
In a sea of blood.

Sophocles - "Ajax"

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
Another Forum?
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 06:21:59 AM »
I hope not!

There exist countless discussion boards on the internet concerning just about any subject you can think of. This one is about WHFB the Empire, which is a subject with enough depth to warrant it's own discussion board.
There's no need to bring in anything besides the Empire, the whole board will lose it's focus.

You want to discuss politics/religion/sports/whatever?

Sure, go ahead, there's a discussion board just waiting around the corner, but this one is about the Empire. Let's keep it that way.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
Another Forum?
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 11:59:08 AM »
I fervently agree with BAWTRM. This is not the place for real-life issues to crowd in and distract us from the true purpose of this site. I don't want to know anyone's politics or religious beliefs, nor even what sports they like - I just want to talk about the Empire.

Not to mention it would be a waste of bandwidth.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Bugman

• Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Lead Dwarf Engineer
    • http://www.bugmansbrewery.com
Another Forum?
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 02:10:53 PM »
No, we shall not be adding if for several reasons:

1) Bandwidth. We already pull a huge amount in on the warhammer forum alone, adding a stupid talk area only adds to it. Unless you have owned a proper website before, people can never grasp how precious bandwidth is. Also the off topic forums is what is causing portent to loose so much money

2) waste of time and space. Its an empire forum, not a warhammer one.

Bugman
http://Http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The oldest, largest &  most informative Dwarf Website in the old world