home

Author Topic: Avatar Ranks!  (Read 7751 times)

« on: February 11, 2004, 11:37:03 AM »
Hey

Just wanted to know what are the ranks on the avatar.

Like in order.

:wink:
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 12:38:37 PM »
Don't know the number of posts, but I think they are:

Peasant, levy, squire, knight, earl.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Kaz

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 01:01:24 PM »
Does it matter... Nope

Just have a look at the ones that are now banned, that is what happens when someone is caring about rank.
It is better to be silent and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 01:40:50 PM »
I'd personally like some more diversity with the ranks.

At Dakka the ranks are very Empire specific (if that's the army you chose for 'favorite army' in your profile, which can be changed whenever you want), I helped make them a few years ago.
I'm not so sure but I believe they are; Peasant, Free Company, Swordsman, Greatsword, Pistolier, Knight, Captain (just became one this week, yah! An estimated 2 more years of posting will be needed to gain my next rank), Elector, Emperor.
I'd need to get another 3000 posts to become an Elector (5000 total), and another 5000 to become Emperor.

It's just for fun these ranks, with the number of posts needed usually doubled between ranks one needs to be the world's most obnoxious spammer to keep on rising through the ranks at a fast rate. Becoming known for ones quality posts is a lot better than being judged by ones post count (only newbies do that who assume more posts means a more important board member).

I think that it'll take at least a year before I become a knight on this board and I don't mind one bit if it'll take longer :D
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 01:47:37 PM »
Personally, I was a little disappointed when ranks were first introduced on this board. Not only are they unnecessary, they encourage 'spamming', elitism and cliqueishness (if that's a word).

In fact, I would prefer that the post count was not displayed, as is the case with the WPS forum.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 01:53:35 PM »
I wouldn't lose a single tear if the ranks were dropped on this board, it can encourage all the ills you said.

On Dakka it's not really a problem, with each poster choosing his own favorite army out of all the armies that one can play from 40K, WHFB, LOTR etc. it's almost impossible to tell how 'important' someone is because of his rank. How the hell should I know if a 'Gondorian Knight' is an 'advanced' rank? (I really don't know actually)
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline revoltingpeasant

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 01:56:13 PM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
Personally, I was a little disappointed when ranks were first introduced on this board. Not only are they unnecessary, they encourage 'spamming', elitism and cliqueishness (if that's a word).

In fact, I would prefer that the post count was not displayed, as is the case with the WPS forum.

Seconded. Quality not quantity.

Offline shavixmir

• Tum podem extulit horridulum
    • http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/117171
Well
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 02:03:00 PM »
Hark not to them D of U!

The Avatar names have nothing to do with the amount of posts you post.
Nay, they are related to the sum of the intelligence, attitude and general sexyness of the poster!

And yes, Squire is the highest.
Everything of value is vulnerable

Offline EC.Sylvania

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2004, 04:11:12 PM »
Hehe. Well played.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2004, 11:06:50 PM »
Quote from: Kaz
Does it matter... Nope

Just have a look at the ones that are now banned, that is what happens when someone is caring about rank.

Kaz If it doesnt matter.. Dont post.Simple
I mean come on man...
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Calvin

• Administrator
    • CalvinWinter.net
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2004, 12:42:28 AM »
Is it just me or have the ranks changed? It now appears that EC is the highest instead of Earl.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 07:09:16 PM »
How come some people like Defender of Ulthuan have special ranks? Is there a way to edit your rank?
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Kaz

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 07:22:44 PM »
Quote from: Konrad von Richtmark
How come some people like Defender of Ulthuan have special ranks? Is there a way to edit your rank?

Grutch has his boring moments too?

He can give people a special rank..

On a few forums like this my title is ikek-boy

("ikke" is a danish word meaning "no"/"not" or "isn't", the reason for my name there is my frequent mispelling of "ikke" to "ikek" whoch one of my friends wrote a little story about and "ikek" ended up being a monster thing in a fantasy world, a little like a gross between a dragon, a flask of acid and oversized kneeler... in the story a rather glorius knight charged it and got devoured by it :D)
It is better to be silent and have people think you're stupid, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 01:51:50 PM »
Kaz 'The Killer'? What's that all about then?
If I wanted to.

Offline Kaz

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 02:21:03 PM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
Kaz 'The Killer'? What's that all about then?

Ask Grutch, I don't know ;)

Offline squig87

• The Dude
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 10:58:01 PM »
Maybe hes a... (wait for it)...... Killer! :shock:
Citizen Erased

Offline Kaz

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 11:01:46 PM »
Nope... not recently at least... I've run out of places to hide the bodies...

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
    • http://www.warhammer-empire.com
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 11:41:20 PM »
I got a cool new one too 8)
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 11:58:46 PM »
Mines the best!

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 01:16:54 AM »
Yeah, right, and what am I? A lousy "Duke"... I expected a "Overlord" or a "Warmonger" at least...  :evil:  :roll:

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 02:46:43 AM »
All you stupid hummies...
Bow down to the Phoenix King...
Or not...
Your choice...
Go the Empire and long live the Emperor Grutch :roll:

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 10:27:13 AM »
Ahhhhh! Hagen's got one too! OK, I know I said I don't like ranks, but I'm starting to get jealous... I'd like 'Imperial Scrivener' please. :)
If I wanted to.

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 12:40:08 PM »
Is this cool or what?

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 01:07:26 PM »
Nice Avatar!

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 04:03:47 PM »
Yeah, I know!