Yay for updates
. First up, we have my list for our local tournament in two weeks. It's basically your standard battalion setup. I see my biggest weakness as heavy magic, but I intend to use my Captasus aggressively in attempt to thwart casters before things go sideways.
Sigil of Sigmar
Armour of Meteoric Iron
Icon of Magnus
Full Plate Armour
Aldred’s Casket of Sorcery
9 Free Company (Detachment)
5 Knightly Orders
5 Knightly Orders
25 Heavy Halberdiers (count as Greatwords)
9 Free Company (Detachment)
Hochland long rifle
Helstorm Rocket Battery
Total = 1500
The tournament is 1500 pts, with a scoring system of:
· Battle 4 games x 6 Battle Points = 24 points (modified)
· Army Presentation 4 games x 4 painting points = 16 points – peer voted
· Army Composition 4 games x 4 Composition Points = 16 points – peer voted
· Sportsmanship 4 games x 4 Sportsmanship Points = 16 points – peer voted
The scenarios are creative though, and influenced my composition a little:
All 4 rounds will use the Pitched Battle Scenario
All 4 rounds use the normal Victory Points (henceforth VPs) rules, unless stated otherwise.
Round 1 – Pitched Battle
As per scenario in Warhammer basic rule book.
Round 2 – Vendetta
The enemy general did something not so nice to you general, THEY MUST PAY!
Army generals have hatred but give away double Vps (Cost only)
Round 3 – Kill ‘em all
They insulted your mother, Make them pay!!
The aim is to kill as much of your opponents army as possible.
No Victory Points (VPs) for units reduced to below half strength or table quarters. VPs for standards and general as normal.
Round 4 – Outpost of Chaos
Both armies have fallen upon a strange outpost and for some reason they cannot explain must control it!!
Whoever controls the outpost at the end of each GAME turn receives 50 Vps (Total 6 x 50 = 300)
OUTPOST special rules
Outpost phase: At the beginning of each player turn roll a D6 to determine the effect of the outpost.
Outpost Effects: D6 roll 1) Unit/model has frenzy
2) Unit/model receives a 6+ wardsave or increases wardsave by 1 (max 3+)
3) Unit/model is teleported 2D6 inches in a random (scatter die) direction, if contacts enemy unit/model counts as charging. Determine new facing by rolling scatter die. A roll of a hit when determining distance just changes facing.
4) The outpost whirls with mystical energy and casts a random spell. Each player picks one of the eight lores from the warhammer rulebook and then dices off to see which lore is used. The tower then casts a random (roll a d6) spell from that lore at irresistible force.
Spells that do not need a target (comet of cassendora) land 6D6 in the direction shown, or on the outpost if a hit is rolled on the scatter dice.
5) Unit/model takes D6 st3 hits but receives regeneration.
6) Power vortex- Each player rolls a D6 for every power and dispel die they gat that turn on a roll of a 1 they lose a die on a 6 they gain a die.
Chaos outpost targeting
Once the effect has been determined roll the scatter die, measuring from the centre of the outpost the 1st Unit/model that intercepts that line will be the target of the effect. If a hit is rolled on the scatter die every unit/model within 12 inches will be effected.
Because of the extra VPs available in game 3, I made sure to protect my general fairly heavily. The Outriders give me enough shooting to hopefully deal with anything big and nasty before it gets too close, and I wanted to include a Helstorm after it's efforts last year. No cannons, as I copped a lot of flack last year when I brought along two cannons and a Helstorm (mind you, that was my only shooting).
Onto my current modelling work:
I've started working out what I want to do for the base of my Dragon. Basically, it's gonna be a large rock with a dead Chaos Warrior on there (anyone have one spare they want to trade my way?
) So the base is 2 monster bases glued together:
Holes cut along the top edges (pic didn't come out too swell)
I still need to greenstuff the gap on the top - I filed the edges back so they fit fairly closely together, but it's not perfect.
Next up, we have a Dark Elf Sorceress. The model originally comes on a Cold One, but I already have one like that, so I figured I'd convert this one onto a Dark Steed.
The original rider, up for trade.
Hmm, thought I had some in-progress shots...will post them when I find them.
Last, but definitely not least, we have my new Outriders that I picked up today for the tournament. First up was converting the Champion to have a HLR:
Bits in all their glory!
The Champion in progress. I was a little worried about this one, as the arms didn't seem like they were going to fit perfectly, then I wasn't sure if the rifle was going to be poking the guy next to him in the head. Luckily, the guy next to him is a muso, and so didn't have a long barrel to get in the way.
And just to prove that I actually do paint the models I build:
Free company WIP
Dreadnaught from behind
Well, this post become pretty heavy pretty fast lol. Cheers folks.