Haven't seen a thread on this, so I figured I'd start one. 'Cause, I gotta confess...I got excited about 40k again!
I had the chance to flip through this tome a couple of days ago. And it really is a tome - more than a hundred forty pages, if I remember correctly (ie, 50% larger than our Army Book!). They sat down at this thing, said, "What do we want to add?", and did it. It seems like nothing's missing and everything is added.
The stupid Smurfs-specific squads are gone, and Deathwatch may finally but wiped out as well.
Just Some New stuff:
* Honor Guard squad
* Two types of Vet Squads - one assault, one shooty.
* "Master of the Forge" Techmarine HQ
* New flame-shooting Land Raider (my Salamanders are so happy!)
* All the weapon options and then some are back for Dreads, Preds, and Razorbacks.
* "Ironclad" Dreadnought sports two CC weapons - there are now 3 types of Dreads!
* New Landspeeder transport for scout squads.
* Shiny new heavy artillery piece.
I'd get into details, but there are too many. New wargear is around, and Marine Characters can now be horrifically powerful, sporting more personal weaponry than an entire squad of guardsmen. Scout Bikes are back with a passion, sporting grenade launchers, teleport homers, and shotguns. Landspeeders now have an insane number of weapon combos, including things like dual Heavy Flamers or dual Heavy Bolters. Tanks dropped in price (the Predator Destructor has a place in the list again!), so now going in fully-mechanized is an easily-doable option.
Anyway...I found myself eagerly excited upon reading through this thing. Anybody else have a peek yet?