home

Author Topic: About the "Back Table"...  (Read 5760 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
Re: About the "Back Table"...
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 06:08:14 PM »
Sorry,  Grandpa is far too busy building his Valkyrie ...............

:engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Eurobash : Looking for the right date. Be there !
    • My home Forum (dutch)
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »
Hey dad, can I play with it ?

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Nicholas Bies

• puzzling
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2009, 01:56:56 AM »
How is it worse than it was before?  This is the best forum with the best community I have ever seen.  People do things for each other, like sending free models or giving advice pertaining to their expertise.  Not many places you see that.

:::cheers:::
Hells fricken yeh.
So what if we find out that Grutch is a bit racist, just ignore him.

Look at the topics in the EF now: cannons, detachments, how to beat brettonians, what do empire need for update.

All sterile topics, going nowhere.

QFT

90% of electors is boring as bat *$(# to view more then once.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »
Guys, this is not about "Off Toopics" in general - back in the day, there was already a strong community and beyond "Empire only"-topics. There was plenty of OT-stuff going on in the Counts' Tavern. But there was a strict policy of banning some "controversial" topics which could easily go out of hand. And the Back Table proves they do.

As for what "made me leave": primarily the 7th Edition along with the atrocious line of new miniatures and empire rules ;) Certainly had nothing to do with the forum as such, especially since I did risk a look once in a while in the meantime.

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »
And the Back Table proves they do.

Better they get messy there than putting extra work on the mods when it starts in the normal Warhammer sections.

So unless someone force you with a gun to click there, this is all moot.

The only thing that needs cleaning is the sexual blunt comments, the harsch swear words, and the like.

The rest should stay as it is.

As for what "made me leave": primarily the 7th Edition

What? You left because a better edition came out?

This thread should die.
My hood is my castle...

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »
The Back Table is a great place, but it can get a little messy.  Doesn't mean its bad though.  As for the mods making changes, when one of the most active flamey people is the site owner, I think you have your answer.  I like it, and I like getting to know the things people think.  I have learned more from the Back Table than I have from almost anywhere else, mostly because in my neck of the woods, most people are faily similar.

Where else can I survey people from across the globe in a multitude of professions and age brackets?

Nowhere.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Obi

• Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 03:12:13 PM »
This is the best forum with the best community I have ever seen.  People do things for each other, like sending free models or giving advice pertaining to their expertise.  Not many places you see that.
Heck, we even got together one time and painted someone's army for them as a reward for their contributions ot the community. :icon_cool:

And some people actually set up tournaments for entire continents. And other continents. People went to the memorial service of another deceased member.

The BT brings us closer together, exactly because we get to see eachothers controversial opinions.
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra