home

Author Topic: Themed armies  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Empireguard

Themed armies
« on: July 10, 2009, 01:15:34 AM »
I would really love to see some theme encouraging in the new book For example

You may chose to make a WP themed army if you do this the following rules will apply

Flaggies as core ((but you must have one unit of core troops for every flaggie unit)
50% or more of your Hero/lord chooses must be WP’s
Your general must be a WP
Engineers, Helblasters, Helstorm Rocket Batteries and Steamtanks cannot be taken
Pistoliers, Outriders, Cannons and Mortars count as rare .
Handgunners Count as special

You may chose to make a engineer themed army if you do this the following rules will apply

50% or more of your Hero/lord chooses must be Engineers’s
Your general must be a, Engineers
Helblasters and Helstorm Rocket Battery count as Special (but you must have one unit of core troops for every Helblasters and Helstorm Rocket Battery choice)
Pistoliers, Outriders, Cannon, Mortar count as Core (but you must have one unit of core troops for every Pistoliers, Outriders, Cannon, Mortar choice)
WP, Flaggies, Archers, Crossbowmen, Swordsmen, Inner circle Knights and Wizards May not be taken
Knights and Empire Greatswords count as rare

Or something like this
Please help create a comprehensive data base of every Wargaming model ever made by clicking here.

Offline peraturabo

Re: Themed armies
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »
yeah,i´d love such things
then i could be able to rebuild my nuln artillery train :cheers:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:36:39 AM »
Theming would be great in the new book. This can be done by allowing normal characters to slightly modify the unit choices taken, rather than minor special characters doing this.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Marius

• One human male giving himself brain surgery
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 08:35:47 AM »
The warrior priest one sound right up my alley, seeing as more than 50% of my characters are already WP, as is my general, and I rarely, if ever take war machines or leave flaggelants.

Personal preference aside, themes such as these would be great, as, as I understand it, Skaven have had introduced to an extent in their new book.
You're forgetting that the British Army is made up of transvestites and gigolos. Its our greatest weapon. Taliban are fecking terrified.

Offline Derek Contyre

• Duke of Nueremburg
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm sick of other armies reaping the benefits of themed army builds while our "Grand high general" ,ister graham mcneil decides to ream us. . .
A man who builds his army around his fluff . . . respect . . .  :::cheers:::