home

Author Topic: Adso's Stirlanders  (Read 3483 times)

Offline adso113

• View Profile
Re: Adso's Stirlanders
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2017, 10:16:59 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, all. Here are some of the other chaos models I've done:

Here are two of the chariots I painted. I also painted a Gorebeast chariot that I don't seem to have any pictures of. I was trying to devise a dark red. I think overall it worked out, but I was hesitant to use a brighter red to do highlights. In hindsight, I think I should have gone ahead with that red to make the edges stand out more. Oh well, lesson learned.

Offline Doc J

• The Prince of Brooklyn Park
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2017, 12:21:44 AM »
Your chaos stuff is magnificent.  :::cheers:::
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2017, 01:11:07 AM »
Looking great! The grey of the armour is really unexpected for chaos. I like it!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Doc J

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 01:49:48 AM »
I like the deep red color it reminds me of red velvet cake and evil.  :lol:

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy Halloween! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2017, 03:19:31 AM »
Looking good, the red and the grey armor! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline adso113

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2017, 06:45:43 PM »
Okay, back to the Empire for a bit:

These are the greatswords I'm painting up for my latest Empire army. Their livery and banner are based on William Marshall's. I went with the lion head because after many practice attempts with the lion rampant I gave up. Also, I may have forgotten to give the poor kitty an ear. And I didn't paint the head moving with the fabric. Chalk it up to another lesson learned.

These guys are the Stir River Patrollers that are along for the ride with this army. I have four or five of the baby griffons from the Empire general kit, so I'm using one as a unit filler. I'm super happy with the shields. I think I had more fun painting those than the rest of the unit, even though I love painting these guys.

I'll try and find more pictures of the chaos army. There's lots of grey armor in it. I didn't want just a red Khorne army. There are elements of red on every model, but they just serve to tie those units together with the ones that are primarily red.

Offline Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2017, 09:30:57 AM »
Gorgeous Empire units. And that chaos chariot just pops!
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline adso113

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:30 PM »
I was looking at the "Show Us" Captasus thread and thought I'd post that next.

I did this guy a long time ago, but only recently took photos of it. I'm pretty happy with it overall, but I should have used some green stuff to fill the hole at the neck. The only thing I don't really like about it is the base. I would do the base differently if I painted it now. But I still like it.

Offline zak

• Warhammer baby
    • Zachary Moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2017, 08:05:49 PM »
very nice  :::cheers:::
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! Dr. Seuss

Offline Doc J

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2017, 09:24:34 PM »
Hunting horn on the shield, way to keep it lore friendly.

Why did you choose Stirland?

Offline adso113

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 10:30:58 PM »
That, sir, is an excellent question. To be honest, I haven't the foggiest. It may come from the fact that I come from a state where hunting and fishing are  big things, so maybe the huntsmen were a draw. I have a thing for the countryside and farming (a lot of my mother's relatives own farms in the southeastern US), so maybe I like the rustic nature of it (in both senses of the word: I am related to a lot of rednecks, who also happen to be good people). Also, one of the Universities I attended had green and gold as their colors. Maybe it's the underdog nature of the place where everyone looks down on them and makes fun of them. And now, I'm 150 state troops, a cannon, a mortar, a captasus, and a general on griffon in, I can't change now! Especially since I feel like I'm just now getting good at yellow. It's actually probably some combination of all of the above.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »
That's a hell of a good answer 😸👆!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline adso113

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »
Moar pictures! I painted this guy a long time ago. Before I learned the joys of washes to deepen the shadows on a mini.

Somehow I lost the left hand. But I just made that into part of the Templar Grandmaster's background. Lost a hand to the dark elves (the army that I used to face the most when I painted him).