home

Author Topic: GT lists and battle reports  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Guderian

• Being out maneuvered by High Elves since 2009
GT lists and battle reports
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:33:07 PM »
Greetings Gentlemen,

how do I go about making some suggestions to the PM's/conducting a poll amongst members
on the following points:

1) I think we need a parade ground sub-directory for army lists that have placed/won
    in GT's and local tournies.  Along with said army lists we need a brief tactica for the list.

2) Is it not high time that battle reports actually ended up in the battle report section of this forum
    (war room) as apposed to it all ending up in the elector's forum (with no order to them).

3) Is it not sad that the war room only contains dissertations on TVI tactics/Reman legions; and
    I have to look to the unhallowed grounds of 'Daka Daka' to find a comprehensive article on tactics
    for WHFB.  A shameful state of affairs considering the high quality of this mighty empire site.

Well gentlemen, what are we going to do about the above state of affairs?
Your thoughts?

"Beating a fluffy list means nothing in proving your skill at the game or the power level of our armybook. Only by taking on competitive lists will you show your skill level and improve your understanding of this beautiful game "

""Competitive" is not a dirty word"

Offline Black Sword

Re: GT lists and battle reports
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
I agree.  One of the major factors that turned me off from joining W-E for so long was the lack of sub forums.  This forum is a great place with an outstanding commnity but trying to find anything is very hard.  I had to pierce through 20+pages to find decent Battle reports and unit analysis threads. I think areas like the War room and library should be reserved for "finished" threads.  Complete with pictures and editing while sub forums can be areas for WIP tournament and Tactics threads.

I also believe there should be separate areas for tactics and battle reports, how else do newbs learn if not by playing the game and reading how others do? This is what inspires me to write Battle Reports, because if its trying for me to piece together reports I can only imagine how it must be for users who are totally new to the hobby and using forums. 

"The brave have always defined what the rest of us wish to be. In today's society, Heroes don't exist, its just a word we use to describe what people should do all the time..."
    -Unknown