home

Author Topic: Unhappy Random thoughts...  (Read 52954 times)

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
    • View Profile
Re: Unhappy Random thoughts...
« Reply #5550 on: November 03, 2018, 01:27:08 PM »
I've been trying to break into the literary business for years. I often wind up rewriting so much stuff I become sick of it. The only work I got published [in a very small quantity] was met with such negativity I retained the other existing copies

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Always learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: November 12, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
And suddenly, Vodafone forgets that they gave me the credit and charge my account again.
I would probably need to start recording any phone calls with customer service in Germany, need to figure if its legal or not.

I admit and I suppose its no surprise for any of you, but I am pretty stupid.

I was being charge since November 2017 and extra 25-30 euros per month by Vodafone, and I just found out.
First 2 calls, the guys would say its something you bought/used with your cellphone and its a third party. They could not give me the name of the third party, but they would give me back the last month and block those charges.

It was a total of $230 euros so I kept insisting and finally one girl called me back to tell me it was a mistake on the system and she apologized.

Sadly, I am not able to get my $230 euros back but I can only get it as credit into my account. I suppose this is the best I can get.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Eurobash : May 30th-June 2nd 2019. Be there !
    • View Profile
    • My home Forum (dutch)
« Reply #5552 on: November 12, 2018, 12:49:51 PM »
And suddenly, Vodafone forgets that they gave me the credit and charge my account again.
I would probably need to start recording any phone calls with customer service in Germany, need to figure if its legal or not.

I admit and I suppose its no surprise for any of you, but I am pretty stupid.

I was being charge since November 2017 and extra 25-30 euros per month by Vodafone, and I just found out.
First 2 calls, the guys would say its something you bought/used with your cellphone and its a third party. They could not give me the name of the third party, but they would give me back the last month and block those charges.

It was a total of $230 euros so I kept insisting and finally one girl called me back to tell me it was a mistake on the system and she apologized.

Sadly, I am not able to get my $230 euros back but I can only get it as credit into my account. I suppose this is the best I can get.

No written confirmation, nothing happened...

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline GamesPoet

• Merry Christmas! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: November 12, 2018, 12:53:38 PM »
Once ya get the credit used up and they stop double charging ya, maybe it is time for giving a go to a competitor of theirs.  Not that it'll be better.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Always learning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: November 12, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »
Well they did send me a sms confirmation, but it seems that they cant see it in their system. I suppose next time I should ask them for a email or post confirmation.

Lessons learned, they gave me back half the money. Which lowers the amount enough that I value my time and sanity more.

@GP I already cancel my phone, and my internet with them. Sadly, they still probably the best one in quality/customer service in my city. Other communication providers have waiting time of 1+ hour on the phone or they charge you while you call them.

Edit: I want to emphasize that this was my fault. I earned it for not checking or double checking how much I was getting billed. So if the first time I had called, they told me they can only return 3 months. I would say "okay" but when they tell you, we give you all the money back, and then they dont...kinda sucks more.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:22:40 PM by Realjuan »
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: November 28, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »
Saw a news story about a daycare worker who snapped because a baby wouldn't stop crying and so she smothered the baby to death. It was caught on cctv and the baby was kicking, struggling for air.  Seeing the pictures of the baby reminds me of my own daughter. My own daughter is in daycare (a different one). They've called us a few times panicking because she wouldn't stop crying (this was after she came back to daycare after her surgery) so I can't help but feel a twinge at my heart strings.  Luckily the center director yelled at the daycare people at my daughter's daycare saying she's a baby and so she will cry and to get a grip. Wish I was there to stop that woman from smothering that kid. I am sad now.
 :cry:
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-mmg

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: December 07, 2018, 02:22:17 PM »
Saw a news story about a daycare worker who snapped because a baby wouldn't stop crying and so she smothered the baby to death. It was caught on cctv and the baby was kicking, struggling for air.  Seeing the pictures of the baby reminds me of my own daughter. My own daughter is in daycare (a different one). They've called us a few times panicking because she wouldn't stop crying (this was after she came back to daycare after her surgery) so I can't help but feel a twinge at my heart strings.  Luckily the center director yelled at the daycare people at my daughter's daycare saying she's a baby and so she will cry and to get a grip. Wish I was there to stop that woman from smothering that kid. I am sad now.
 :cry:
I'm so sorry to hear that. That sounds awful.

In other news. My old P.C just died. Had the old girl since 2008. There was so much stuff on it. And it was the only device I had that's compatible with my printer.