home

Author Topic: A Feedback Thread  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Marek

• Pig Tickler
A Feedback Thread
« on: October 06, 2010, 08:11:17 PM »
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions, limitless praise or harsh criticism about the website and/or the forums, this is the place to get it off your chest. The staff will watch this space closely as we are always open to suggestions.

Well as you asked.....

From the Back Table Guidelines:...
No swearing, and no contentious discussions of a political or religious nature....

...Please keep in mind that we are all different people here from different backgrounds and with different views, and the normal respectful attitude elsewhere on the site is also expected here.....

...Despite the freedom of discussion in this board, we still expect the same general high standard of quality posting, and the same good behaviour, as anywhere else on the site.

I'd just like to give some feedback that the amount of threads on the Back Table that decend in to boring political polemics and rants is the worse aspect of an otherwise excellent site and community.

Cheer up, could be worse.

Offline Gneisenau

• Alleged Ungulate
Re: A Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 08:33:54 PM »
I think the first sentence you quoted is a leftover from the clean-up the mods made when the personal attacks got out of hand.

Either way, the Back Table is a bit like the Fight Club weekend, where the otherwise nice people and the polite people and MrDWhitey go when they want to blow off some steam.

But while I not agree with you, I like how you are voicing your complaint in a calm and polite manner, so have one on me. :::cheers:::

Offline Fandir Nightshade

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »
And we all know....you donīt talk about the fight club.

:icon_twisted:

Offline Marek

• Pig Tickler
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 09:57:54 PM »
...complaint in a calm and polite manner, so have one on me.

Please don't get me wrong, not intended as a complaint in the slightest.  I'm just trying to give some feedback of my very humble opinion in the appropriate arena on an one aspect of the site. :happy:

Cheer up, could be worse.

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 01:00:51 AM »
We in the admin/mod boards have debated several times whether or not to make that Back Table invisible until someone gets to a certain post count.  That would allow people to get to a point where they knew people prior to hitting the BT and learning to hate nice people or destroy people's opinion of them too soon.

I would think 200 posts would make it so people were around for awhile.  We keep deciding not to change anything.

Phil
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Eurobash : Looking for the right date. Be there !
    • My home Forum (dutch)
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
How's that for being decisive, hey ?

Ah !
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline kera foehunter

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:38:22 AM »
 Hey,  I think it wrong to have a section be put out of any member hand till they get to a certain post !
 This causes Problem to!!
 I been on sites where people talk a bout a member ! Not always bad but he loves to argue . Then this person in 6 months made it to the post number that was set
and seen what was said

Now that i know that there a  Back table and i don't have 200 post yet  and you move it what does that say to me as a member ???

just my 2 cent guy
 P.s. love the site

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 03:45:13 AM »
Good point. That is partly why we did nothing.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Nicholas Ironfist

• Witch Hunter Extraordinaire, Count of Sylvania.
    • Photobucket
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:37:23 AM »
I personally won't ever go into the back table again my views are way left of centre and I can't kidnap and tortue you all till you see things my way ( ::heretic:: all of you !)

I have been(still am) on more forums than I need to be. I have pruned the list and I'm still in double figures. I can say that this is far and away the best forum bar none. The people are great and the site is the most user friendly, intuitively set up forum there is. Honestly lots of forums could learn alot from W-E. To the crew  :::cheers:::  :eusa_clap:
Care not for the judgement of others, but go forth and do as you see fit.

Offline Ebola

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 11:07:06 AM »
I would like to compliment this website as having friendly, sharing and helpful members.  Here can be found experienced players/painters/designers/modellers who are more than happy to help out those less experienced.

In regards to the Back Table I thik that no changes need be made.  In some ways it acts as a bit of a release valve and most people soon learn to take it with a grain of salt and understand that people do have different ideas and viewpoints.  I would be against the idea of members having to have so many posts before they can see the Back Table posts because the last thing you want in this forum is to have people spamming various threads just to get their post numbers up.

Keep up the great works guys/gals!   :eusa_clap:
Ebola 

Offline Obi

• Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 12:48:59 PM »
the otherwise nice people and the polite people and MrDWhitey
:biggriin:

Hat off to Marek for pointing this out to the community. I think it's a valid point, even though I disagree.

Also, yay, 4.5k. :)
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra