home

Author Topic: Empire War Wagon, how lucky can you get  (Read 7676 times)

Offline Nuigen

• Members
Empire War Wagon, how lucky can you get
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:35:53 AM »
Okay, so it's a bit of a story, but hang in there.

I was going to my mother's birthday and my sister told me to bring some glue because my nephew, who is 5, had something i needed to help him put together. I'm thinking it's a broken toycar or maybe some of those two-piece spacemarines, so you can imagine the look on my face when the kid pulls out this box

I couldn't believe it! It turns out my brother-in-law got it for next to nothing in a secondhandshop. So we open the box and to my surprise it's almost complete.

As you can see the guy with the repeatergun is missing and one of the horses is broken, but the wagonparts are all there. Fortunately my nephew accepts my offer of trading with some of my old toys, and i'm now the lucky owner of a War Wagon for the price of 2 toyplanes and a toysnowplow.

Also my sister told me that there is a good chance that the missing soldier is somewhere in my nephew's room.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: Empire War Wagon, how lucky can you get
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:28:23 AM »
haha very cool i happened on to a warwagon at a ladies yard sale a few months ago  :engel:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
Wow! I hope they were 2 very nice toyplanes and a nice snow plow figure!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Shadowwolf

• Members
  • Post quality makes you a veteran gamer!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
You know, when that kid grows up and realises how you cheated him out of a War Wagon at that age, he is going to visit you with a baseball bat!  :wink:

Not that I wouldn't have done the same!  :lol: :::cheers::: nice find!

Shadowwolf
On the right only red, to your left all is white
Ev'ryone's holding, stay in the fight!
White to the right side, left only red
Run like the others, or you'll end up dead!
Talabheim State Troop proverb
Deviantart? http://dlshadowwolf.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline Sir Bedevere the Wise

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:17:51 AM »
Awesome deal. :::cheers:::
Wow! I hope they were 2 very nice toyplanes and a nice snow plow figure!

I think, that from now on, toyplanes shall be used as a universal currency.

Bedevere
It took God six days to create the Earth, and Monty Python just 90 minutes to screw it up.

Offline Nuigen

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »
Well, to avoid him comming after me, I'm going buy him some Lego to go along with the deal.

Also his birthday presents will be larger this year.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »
Well, to avoid him comming after me, I'm going buy him some Lego to go along with the deal.

Also his birthday presents will be larger this year.

As a parent myself I can tell that Lego is in the same price range if not in higher, so buy him one box of Lego and you're even.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline General Tomerix Rotenkopf

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:21 PM »
You should really buy a lottery ticket this week, too.  :mrgreen:
Hobbits are stupid, Talabecs are thieves and Averlanders reek of horse shit.

Offline Porkix

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 06:01:01 AM »
I painted recently the crew of the war wagon as unit champions and they are all lovely minis full of character and some of the more puffy minis of the range (along with the old greatswords). I am pretty sure you will have  a blast!

I still have to get back my wagon that is 10 000 km away to convert my altar but everything will come in due time!

Porkix

Offline Zoring

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »
So you going to make this bad boy straight out of the box or you going to do some mods, maybe a couple of extra horses, a guy steering on the yolks? Pretty damn cool model.

Offline Nuigen

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
So you going to make this bad boy straight out of the box or you going to do some mods, maybe a couple of extra horses, a guy steering on the yolks? Pretty damn cool model.

Well, one of the soldiers is missing, and I don't really feel like glueing so many nice models to the floor of the wagon. So I'm either going to make some kind of insert with minis on it, or I'm just going to use normal minis on a 20X20mm base in the wagon. Either way it should be able to work as either a stand-in Steamtank or a War Altar. If you check out my army post you'll see a have an Empire General riding a rhinox, so i might have the war wagon pulled by a rhinox or two.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:47 PM »
You will not get 6 of the 20x20mm bases in the wagon.

I actually got hold of a few of the old Gorkmorka oval slotted bases which do work quite well.
However a plastic or mdf base that drops in with whatever minis you use would be a good idea.

You could even have different bases - the last campaign here has carrochios with handgunners armed with halberds, and I made up two sets of 6 of each, and then mixed them up in the two wagons I used, but you could have a drop-in base with spearmen on or archers.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline fbjorn

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:43 PM »
Congratulations  :::cheers:::

I actually also got my hands on a war wagon a few weeks back.
Maybe some solution with magnets would work for the bases?!

fbjorn

Offline Nuigen

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »
You will not get 6 of the 20x20mm bases in the wagon.

I actually got hold of a few of the old Gorkmorka oval slotted bases which do work quite well.
However a plastic or mdf base that drops in with whatever minis you use would be a good idea.

You could even have different bases - the last campaign here has carrochios with handgunners armed with halberds, and I made up two sets of 6 of each, and then mixed them up in the two wagons I used, but you could have a drop-in base with spearmen on or archers.

I think it looks a bit over crowded with 6 minis inside, so i dont think I'm going to have more than 3-4 people in there. And for the war altar I'm gonna use the warrior priest from The Blessing of Sigmar (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat500016a&prodId=prod1110277) and one of the statues from the Chapel (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440008a&prodId=prod1095515).

Like Porkix said the minis from the box will make great champions, so some of them will be used as such.

Sorry about the clumsy linking, I don't know how to make them pretty.

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2011, 10:05:31 AM »
I offer you one toysnowplow and three toyplanes for it.

Seriously though, that's one cool story. Congratulations! :smile2:

Offline Kirgan

• Members
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 11:11:32 AM »
I could sell War Wagon for strating price of lets say 50£ plus shipping some one intresting  :engel:
Commission Painting-PM  :)