home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 812280 times)

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #10400 on: January 17, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
the zelda is releasing on the wii-u though.

If the versions are similar maybe it will be a driver for wii-u, not switche? are they going to double-release games like they did with ps3/4 and x360/1 for a while?

I'm definitely interested in playing zelda, xenoblade 2 and mario at the absolute minimum.
Is that worth £300? when it's going to be driven by essentially a portable...

and the cost of the accessories is insane.

But they do have high profile 3rd party making games for them again, which I guess is good.

I won't pre-order, if it gets good reviews i might jump in next christmas on some black friday/christmas deals.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Online Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10401 on: January 18, 2017, 01:26:40 AM »
I will buy whatever (not DS) i need to continue to be able to play supported online mario maker.
3d mario looks pretty good - hoping more like mario 64 than mario sunshine. I really need to play mario galaxy.

Many years ago i would have picked up the zelda - i dont have time for long rpgs anymore.

If they do a metroid game, like prime - i am in.

I would have said yes for a new smash bros, however Melee is stil the best to me.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #10402 on: January 18, 2017, 01:53:29 AM »
I have a real soft spot for the legend of Zelda and the ocarina of time games. My son and I played them thruout and I usually did the bosses cause he couldn't. The soundtracks like eponA's song still make me melancholy if I hear them. You really don't realize your having the best time of your life with your kids when your living them. All you gamers with young ones growing up and getting involved with your games - just completely enjoy them 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #10403 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:46 PM »
Ah, I absolutely love the Zelda franchise. Except for the first game, Zelda 2 and Wind Waker, I played almost every Legend of Zelda game and Link's Awakening and Twilight Princess have a special place in my heart. Really hyped for Breath of the Wild.  :smile2:

Anyway, looks like Necromunda is in the works:

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2017/01/18/rogue-factor-necromunda-underhive-wars/1?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bit-tech%2Fnews+(bit-tech.net+News+Feed)

Also, has anyone seen the "Sunless Sea" game? Pretty cool game that takes your Lovecraftian adventures to the sea. (Okay, the Zee which is under the earth and going out into the sunlight will kill you)
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #10404 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:05 PM »
I really need to play mario galaxy.

yes. yes you do.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #10405 on: January 19, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
Guys behind Mordheim: City of the Damned are now making Necromunda: The Underhive Wars. As a huge fan of this franchise, I'm psyched. Finally I'll be able to deploy my Orlock gang on a virtual tabletop. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #10406 on: January 20, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
Anyone know anything about Sanctus Reach?  It looks a bit like x-com 40k.  Dunno though, honestly it's not really grabbing my attention.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #10407 on: January 20, 2017, 09:18:23 AM »
Anyone know anything about Sanctus Reach?  It looks a bit like x-com 40k.  Dunno though, honestly it's not really grabbing my attention.

It looks... poorly. Especially when comapred to X-COM. I would wait a couple of weeks, see some videos on Youtube, read some reviews. Then eventually decide if I want to purchase it.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10408 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »
The Humble bundle sign up bonus is Xcom 2. So $12 bucks gets you xcom 2 (Worth $70 here) and whatever the bundle games are on feb 3. The new x com's been on my wishlist since about when it came out, but I've been to busy with other stuff to really go for it. Still, $12 is a pretty good deal so I've picked it up.

Really what I'm more interested in is the new long war mod. I put more hours into that then the original X com.

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #10409 on: January 23, 2017, 09:55:25 PM »
X-Com 2 is basically just X-Com 1 with more options and missions.  This means that it's a great game!
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #10410 on: January 23, 2017, 10:18:29 PM »
That's pretty much what I was hoping to hear. I watched a fair few lets plays on it when it first game out, then pretty much forgot about it. Wasn't sure what the response to it ended up like.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #10411 on: February 03, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
I'm not one for playing horror games but watching the Scary Game Squad tackle Resident Evil 7 has been very entertaining!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-YUXgYHnkA&list=PLFx-KViPXIkH45GiQNM_Nu8-Yphc-gP9c
Worth a watch even if you've played the game. A lot of great moments with the squad!  :icon_lol:
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Members
  • Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #10412 on: February 03, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »
@Feanor: Where's that avatar of Napoleon from? It looks strangely familiar...

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #10413 on: February 03, 2017, 01:48:59 PM »
If I remember correctly it was "Hark! A Vagrant" but its been awhile so I may be remembering wrong.
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #10414 on: February 03, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #10415 on: February 03, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »
Fun fact: Kate Beaton is referenced in Fallout New Vegas with the Tesla-Beaton cannon prototype.
― Jake the Dog

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #10416 on: February 13, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »
I've played the first Space Hulk game a few days back. Was not dissapointed, altough it can be a bit fiddly and capricious. Overall I had a positive experience, especially since it has a cool co-op mode. I reckon you should try it, if you like tactical games.

Gneisenau

Offline Brad

• Members
« Reply #10417 on: February 13, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »
The first first one?  Like from the '90s?  As I recall I couldn't even beat the tutorial mini-campaign in that one.

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #10418 on: February 13, 2017, 08:51:36 PM »
Guys behind Mordheim: City of the Damned are now making Necromunda: The Underhive Wars. As a huge fan of this franchise, I'm psyched. Finally I'll be able to deploy my Orlock gang on a virtual tabletop. :blush:

Agreed. I'm really hopeful they learned some stuff from mordheim's criticisms and make a great game!
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline Aldaris

• Members
« Reply #10419 on: February 13, 2017, 09:04:40 PM »
Incidentally, what ARE some of Mordheims criticisms? I haven't got it yet, but I was planning to at some point.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #10420 on: February 14, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
Incidentally, what ARE some of Mordheims criticisms? I haven't got it yet, but I was planning to at some point.

Ditto. I actually really like Mordheim and didn't found any, major flaws. Aside from Rat Ogre stupidity, maybe. :dry:

Gneisenau

Offline Gneisenau

• Members
  • Alleged Ungulate
« Reply #10421 on: February 15, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »
The first first one?  Like from the '90s?  As I recall I couldn't even beat the tutorial mini-campaign in that one.

Also some indie programmers made a freeware game some years ago (in 2d). It was quite good.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #10422 on: February 16, 2017, 12:31:33 AM »

Basically it is only the cosmetic stuff limited heads, shirts, armor in customization which at points later in a campaign gets a bit annoying telling guys apart when an A squad guy is on the DL. Other than that I've got nothing.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #10423 on: February 16, 2017, 12:52:13 AM »
Abraham Lincoln stole my holy mountain! Stupid quest.  :icon_evil:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Gneisenau