home

Author Topic: Gamer thread  (Read 210138 times)

Offline WolfyGriess

• Grandmaster of the Sanguine Temple
Re: Gamer thread
« Reply #11525 on: June 27, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
I definitely don't feel brave enough to do hard, let alone legendary. I'm relatively confident in battles, but campaigns are hard enough on normal with settlements constantly being sniped by all sorts
I... I... I don't know what to say.  I think I like you very much.

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
« Reply #11526 on: June 27, 2020, 03:29:15 PM »
I've been told Normal is too easy and Hard is the traditional normal of most games. If I just want to mess around and make lore-ish armies I'll do normal. I did pretty good as Vlad on Hard. I need to revisit it, but Mannfred is getting out of hand as a vassal so I stopped for a bit.

I got all of Sylvannia, Averland, and Solland. I was able to kill Gelt before Karl could try to confederate him. Mannfred is under my thumb as a vassal and has two provinces in my empire. I need him to get his ass beat so I can confederate him.

I did pretty good as Tyrion on Legendary for a bit, but I usually play late at night and when you're tired, you start to rely on auto-resolve a bit too much the later it gets. After a few bad ones I stopped playing that campaign. I should give it another try at some point.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 03:34:39 PM by Feanor Fire Heart »
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #11527 on: June 27, 2020, 03:34:34 PM »
Go for at least hard!

Then go for legendary!

Feanor the Legendary ... I can see it now. :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
« Reply #11528 on: June 27, 2020, 03:35:49 PM »
Ah you commented as I edited my post GP! I plan to, especially as High Elves, that would be fun. Maybe Greenskins too. Empire is too tedious to do IMHO, but if I ever had the time I would.
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-

Offline Brad

« Reply #11529 on: June 27, 2020, 11:59:52 PM »
Someone found this in The Last Of Us 2:

Found that room.  Totally fake.  Not a single unpainted mini in the entire apartment.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #11530 on: June 28, 2020, 01:00:55 AM »
 :icon_lol: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Brad

« Reply #11531 on: June 30, 2020, 01:24:46 AM »
Finshed the game.  It's not good.  Has a major problem with its pacing - it's far too slow.  Most of it feels like padding out the runtime.  It took me about 27 hours, which is 10-15 more than it needed.

And the story is shit compared to the first one.

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #11532 on: June 30, 2020, 08:00:56 AM »
That is what Iíve heard some others say Brad!  Too bad really.

I finished the Empire long campaign on Total Warhammer 2.  It was really really easy!  At a couple points I literally had nothing to do.  I focused on diplomacy early on, became close friends with Karan Karaz.  I built my authority up so I could easily confederate each time. Was offered.  The only real challenge was that I went after the vampire counts really early to catch them before they could get rolling.  They never had the chance to go off and were eradicated by turn 90 or so!  In the end I held all of the empire except for Marienburg.  I had Loth Lorean as well since I was allied with all the other dwarf and humans and they kept going to the at with those poor wood elves so I fought them as well to keep my treaties strong.  I held the lands of the Awakened at the very end to satisfy the long campaign requirement.  The dwarves of Karaz held almost the entire right side of the map!

Iím trying the Norscan campaign now.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.