home

Author Topic: Revilers Blog *Relic contemptor dreadnought*  (Read 38672 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
Re: 7th Company Revilers Blog *gladius or double CAD - rerolls or fluff*
« Reply #425 on: October 19, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »
well as you've asked so nicely i shall provide the report.

Here are the pictures of deployment. We played maelstrom cloak and shadows mission. 6 objective, 3 card per turn, you don't know what your opponent has so can't defend objectives you're opponent needs to take.

His list:
Mephiston
Sanguinary priest
10 tactical marines with power axe, melta and missile launcher in Pod
8 tactical marines with melta and combi-melta in Pod
10 Hamminators
12 death co with PF and TH
Stormraven
Dreadnought with blood claws in pod
5 devastators with 4 plasma cannons

My deployment

Reserves and infiltrators

infiltrator deployment

Blood angles deployments

Reserves

I chose to let him go first as my Revilers are resistant to alpha strike with their cover saves turn one, that there was a massive building dividing the table and limiting fire arcs and that he only had 5 marines on the table and i'd be spending the turn both spreading out without targets and wasting a turn of shooting on very little.

With my scouts in the middle building and on one of the objectives in his deployment and with my scout bikers, with location beacon near his only troops on the board he felt he needed to re take the home objective my scouts was on and podded both the dread, mephiston and smaller tactical squad on to it. This was an over commitment and isolation of his forces very early on. However he did drive the scouts off the objective, mostly from the HF hits from the dread which ignored the 2+ cover save, killing all but one.

In my turn I destroyed the pod, half the tactical squad and killed all but one of the devastators. My dread direct podding down on the devastators using  the locator beacon on the scout bikers.

Turn two all his reserves arrived and he started to put pressure on my deployment zone. The stornraven zoomed on and terminators moved on my devastators on an objective. In my turn i pasted the terminators with all i had and killed three, however my librarian got Hallucination off and they failed there pinning teet for 'i hate bugs' and went to ground meaning another turn of shooting from me.  :evil: His other tactical squad podded on to the objective by central building and got wiped out, pod and all, by a combined charge from my vanguards without loss.

Turn three saw the death co assault and wipeout a combat squad of vanguard and captain only to be subsequently wiped out themselves by the other half a squad.

Our dreadnoughts face off against each other but he fails his 7" charge.
I also managed to drop the terminators down to five.
In my turn I charged his dread with mine. End result two dead dreads. Both attacked at the same time and I got 3 pen hits and he 2 on me. Lots of 6's on both sides and a double explosion. Lesson learned, don't charge a dread with a dread.

In turn four and five i just picked off the last few BA. The assault squad moved to take an objective getting into range of mephiston. He charged, being down to his last wound and the double flamers killed him on over watch.

The style of MSU raven guard CT list definitely favours the maelstrom missions. I think it will suffer in eternal war missions, especially kill points.

We good news is abound for the ravenguard with two new formations in the new campaign book, both with scouts in and very fluffy for RG. One allows vanguard to DS near the scouts and charge on the turn they arrive! Winner winner chicken dinner. That is going to get a  run next game once the details are out.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 09:12:39 PM by FR1DAY »
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
    • View Profile
Re: 7th Company Revilers Blog *battle report with pictures*
« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »
Chalk one up for the Revilers, and with a name like Blood Angels for the opponent, they must be working for Chaos, of course!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2015, 03:00:02 PM »
Great report! The terrain looks excellent as always.

I'm amused by the dreadnought double knock-out.

Mephiston is the vampire guy in the cartoonish outfit, right? Hurrah for his incineration!  ::heretic::
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2015, 07:37:08 PM »
Awesome battle with an awesome army.

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »

I'm amused by the dreadnought double knock-out.

Makes sense though. I had a chainfist and he blood claws. Both S10 and ap1 with the chainfist being armourbane as well. Both hitting on fours and i had 6 attacks and he 4. I did three hits and he two, all of which penetrated. With 5+ rolls to explode,we both exploded. Like i said lesson learned.

So why you complaining!

Offline Sig

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2015, 08:43:15 PM »
Awesome board and report.

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2015, 09:41:21 PM »
Sig and gankom, thanks. I do try my best.

Ive been thinking of another burst of terrain making recently. A desert world with wind carved stone pylons and a oasis with imperial water pumping station.

So why you complaining!

Offline GamesPoet

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 21, 2015, 01:49:25 AM »
I support your terrain idea! :icon_cool:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline cisse

• let the wookie win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 22, 2015, 11:02:15 AM »
Thanks for the report and the pics, your army looks lovely as ever and I like your army composition very, very much.
Can't wait to play them at the next EuroBash *ahem*  :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2015, 08:24:24 AM »
Just a little starter to say I had my first game using the new ravenguard formations last night. A 3000 pts game against blood angles. I've got pics of all the turns so will do a report tomorrow and give you my thoughts on the new, very fluffy, way ravenguard now play. It's been great for me as this is how I've always played and I've got all the models to fully utilise the formations. All you hear from the whingers on the ravenguard B&C forum is how they don't have enough JP troops or scouts. I've got them in spades, happy days!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:26:55 AM by FR1DAY »

So why you complaining!

Offline cisse

• let the wookie win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 17, 2015, 03:15:05 PM »
Just a little starter to say I had my first game using the new ravenguard formations last night. A 3000 pts game against blood angles. I've got pics of all the turns so will do a report tomorrow and give you my thoughts on the new, very fluffy, way ravenguard now play.
Hmmm?  :engel:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 13, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
Been busy doing the new terrain set but have been playing a bit. I have got a fixed 2000pts list using the RG formations.

One of the units i needed for the list was a command squad with grav guns and storm shields. I ordered up the legion outrider as the bikes are much better than the standard ones. Ive painted the five bikes first. Ive done the details on all five and just need to do the grey on them. Ive done one, pics below, just need to finish insignia and base. Ive enjoyed painting it. See how i feel on the fifth though.

I have a game on monday now so will only get one more done before then. Will let you know how it goes.

So why you complaining!

Offline GamesPoet

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 13, 2015, 04:22:58 AM »
Nice paint job on the bike! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 7th Company Revilers Blog *bike command squad*
« Reply #438 on: December 15, 2015, 11:19:08 AM »
Gosh, that bike looks good!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Finlay

• C'mon Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 15, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »
lovely model compared, and lovely paintjob as per usual
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 14, 2016, 11:02:13 PM »
I've been playing a bit recently so here is a battle report of last nights game.
I used my standard 2000pts list, using the ravenguard formations and centring the force on a pinion demi company.
I was playing my usual BA opponent. He was using a BA formation of three stormravens with tactical squads that come one first turn reserve with a  re-roll. All three sergeants have location beacons for free. Then any units that arrive by deep strike with in 12" of two sergeants can charge n the turn they arrive.
His list was
3 x tactical squads with plasma, combi plasma in storm ravens
chapin in terminator armount
Chaplin with jump pack
5 hamminators
8 death co with JP
2 x 5 tacticals with las cannons
I gave the BA first turn, night fighting in effect

Turn 1, the storm ravens arrive. In the back ground you can see the two LLS ambushing one of the tactical squads from infiltrate and scout. One of my speeder was immobilised and I lost a scout. With the stealth and shrouded and cover you take very few causalities with the ravenguard CT.

BA turn 2, after movement. I bought down one of the stormravens with the talon and a couple if lucks krak missile hits from speeder. Notice the light up wrecked vehicle markers. three tactical marines emerged from the wreckage. I used the priority target ability from the speeders to the talon for the first time in this game and it really makes a difference, re roll to hit and wound/penetrate.

You can see the command squad bikes outflanking with scout bikers. I bought down one combat squad of VV's and they destroyed the tacticals facing them. The LLS's moved past to shoot up the second half tactical squad, leaving 2.

My turn 2. The second talon arrived and prioritised the red raven, together they took it down as it had gone into hover mode to deliver the tacticals. Hamminators teleported in and charged the scout snipers. The scouts died very quickly. On the right you can see the DC attacking a combat squad of my tacticals. My tacticals were safe in the rhino so the DC could only pop the rhino, giving me a second round of fire. They died next turn though.
BA tacticals from centre raven charged and centre objective and secured it. The draw back of the pinion formation is no objective secured. In the back ground the two remaining tacticals braved the overwatch and charged the LSS and killed it in combat. They knew they were dead so went down fighting. The VV mopped them up in my turn.
In the foreground i chucked every spare gun at the hamminators and managed to kill four. Its curtains for the dev's next turn. I needed to kill the warlord, the terminator chaplin, though as I have two D3 point kill warlord objectives to claim.

My turn three, the talons surround the last raven and blast it from the skys. the terminator Chaplin kills all the dev's, but the last hamminator goes down to shooting. The command squad final do something and wipe out a tactical squad hiding in the rocks by wrecked rhino in a single round of shooting. I think i killed the 8. I've still got the second combat squad of VV in reserve at this point on purpose. Waiting for a opportune moment. But with the second LSS wrecked limiting the movement of the scout squad I was going to have to try a standard deep strike, but then charge!

Thats were the pics end. I killed the chaplin with a ton of firepower to grab 5 vp's and that sealed the game. I tabled him by the end of turn five with my vanguard killing the DC on the charge and the freshly arrived squad killing the last tactical squad in the middle. But not before they had failed a average 7" charge, even with their re rolls and left my chaplin and lone assault marine sergeant to charge the tacitcals and get killed :(

Over all i won 15-7 in the end. Good game. Closer than usual with us tying 7-7 at the top of turn four. 5 points for warlord kill swung it. The talons preformed wonderfully. I target priority rules, which i'd not either remembered or had opportunity to use before ( I can re roll missions so tend to go for hammer and anvil missions as it gives me distance and time to work with and long flanks to out flank onto. The width is a nice limited distance for the command squad to shoot up something. They have an effective range of 30" with their move.) In the last game i'd gone first, an although i'd killed all his deployed forces in turn one I struggled to kill the ravens as they blasted my talons out of the air and i ended up hiding in terrain going to ground to stay alive. I still won by grabbing stray objectives but didn't like it a lot.

I'm still very happy with my list after its third outing and i'm learning a lot about it and its strengths and weaknesses

I feel the two extra LOS blocking terrain pieces finished the set off and really like the wrecked vehicle makers. They look cool. I kept turning off the lights and taunted my opponent to count the fires of his vehicles!

I have a painting schedule to complete all units in the list by the then of march. This remains on target. 3 assault marine, 2 VV and the LSS to do this month and i've done the LSS bits, crew and base and an assault and a VV so far this month.
Stay tuned for more.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:05:36 PM by FR1DAY »

So why you complaining!

Offline GamesPoet

• View Profile
Re: 7th Company Revilers Blog *battle report wit pictures*
« Reply #441 on: January 15, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »
Great looking game!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #442 on: January 15, 2016, 10:10:39 AM »
yeah that battlefield looks awesome with that scenery!
Great report also!  :::cheers:::
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2016, 01:02:24 AM »
Impressive battle, and all the better when it's looking that close. The talons performed great! When I saw the early picture of the three big gunships I thought it might be rough.

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 27, 2018, 11:08:21 PM »
it's been ages since i've posted in this thread but i've re fallen in love with my Revilers and am trying to make to competitive as a mono codex army. Which is hard currently. But got to love a challenge.

However, not for a competitive list build, but because he's been sitting on my painting shelf for nearly 4 years since I made him, here is my Relic Contemptor dreadnought with two chainfists and two heavy flamers. I hope you like him, i'm happy with him.

Now that my deathwatch army is finished (nearly) you should expect more updates for this army. Devastators with heavy bolters and missile launchers are all the rage!

So why you complaining!

Offline GamesPoet

• View Profile
Re: Revilers Blog *Relic contemptor dreadnought*
« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2018, 12:14:18 AM »
 :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2018, 01:50:29 AM »
Looking awesome!

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2018, 07:05:12 AM »
I really love the progress you have been with your resurgence of the warhammer love!

And I'm looking forward to playing against one of these armies at the next Eurobash!
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline FR1DAY

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 28, 2018, 07:22:53 AM »
Thanks guys. Iíve done more to the revilers already. Lots of minor changes to make then 8th ready. Some of those changes have already been changed again as the meta has changed.
My current 2000pts list is
Captain
Smash captain
Lieutenant
Librarian with jp
Three squads sniper scouts
Three squads bolter scouts
Three scout biker squads
Apothecary
Company ancient
10 sternguard
Two devastator squads wth 2 HB and ML
Relic scorpius
Thunderfire cannon
Quad launcher rapier

Lots of screening and ranged mortal wound out put. Usually upgrade captain to chapter master for full re rolls.

So why you complaining!