Advantage of Teclis:
- Valour of Ages (with Ld10 limited value, though); Speed of Asuryan
- M5 I5 Ld10
- can choose any lore of the BRB as well as High Elf Magic and knows all 6 spells.
- any succesfully cast spell with a double other than 6s is IF, but without miscast!
- each turn, he can ignore the first miscast - but the IF spell does work!
- sword of Teclis: wounds on 2+, no armour saves
- Moon staff: + D3 power/dispell dice each magic phase
- scroll of Hoeth (one use): dispell scroll; Teclis and enemy wizard also roll D6: if Teclis is higher, then the spell is removed from wizard.
Disadvantage: no mount; no armour; 2S 2T 1A: so you do need to keep him in a bunker unit and out of CC. However, with Lore of Life, you could add +4T.
Not for free, it costs the price of the bunker
While the bunker unit has a price, the unit has also a value on its own, you can use it for more things than just wizard protection, and it is not lost with the loss of the wizard.