home

Author Topic: Reikland pblog - WIP BSB.. Need help picking face :(  (Read 15049 times)

Offline diMarko

Reikland pblog - WIP BSB.. Need help picking face :(
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:30:51 AM »
After 12 years, maby more, i thought il start painting and playing warhammer again.

My empire army was supose to be Helmut Feuerbachs red shields but i just dident work as Talabecland using red,yellow colors ( i wanted mine to be more of a dark color with the red giving some contrast to all the dark. )

But Ironlicly this is how my 1st test object looks like, hes still WIP and i need to fine a province that suite the colors.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:34:17 PM by diMarko »

Offline diMarko

Re: Province less Empires painting blog.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:34:32 AM »
Btw sorry for the photo quality its taken from my phone :(

Offline Heinrich Kramer

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
Nice starter/test model - all white uniforms are Reikland. They are often shown with red trim so your test model fits great with this province. A bit more red and he could be from the City State of Talabheim.

Offline Silvero

• Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:11:41 PM »
Love red pole of halberd! looks promising

Offline diMarko

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 12:55:36 AM »
3 done to many left to go... Forgot to paint he last layer on the middle guys helmet.

My champion wip, waiting for the militia helberd spru and for me to make up my mind of what color to paint the feather.

Offline Maza

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:22:35 AM »
They look very good! Nice whites!

Offline daftpunky

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:48 PM »
Looks like the Reikland to me. Very nice job sir!
 :eusa_clap:

Offline Claus79

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
Looks promising indeed, especially considering youve been on a 12 year break!!  :-o

Really looking foreward to the progress mate, but its dangerous to start out with a company of state troopers... nothing kills the painting spirit like those  :oops:

Kind regards

Claus

Offline diMarko

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 02:20:15 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys :)

@Claus79 hehe im with you mate, i told myself that il have to paint atleast 10 or so to get my hand steady again and then il get my self some WP's and other characters to paint. I also have my SB banner to paint and that with the 12 years absent keeps my spirit high :D

Offline diMarko

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »
Was thinking of what my hal banner should look like.. and here is a 5 min sketch..  need help as i dont know if it is empirish and find it kinda empty.

So pls tell me your thoughts about what could be done!

Offline diMarko

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
small update... champion is rdy and now im trying to make up my mind about the SB.. do you guys think he looks ok in a hal unit with his warhammer. or should i change weapon??

Oh btw.. any site online where i can order some cork for basing?

Offline Maza

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:14:31 AM »
The banner sketch in the post above looks fine. It is not to empty. I like clean and simple heraldic designs. I think some might associate the symbol to poker, but that's not a big problem.

It is OK to have an SB with hammer in a hal unit, maybe it looks a bit strange that the SB has a great weapon which takes 2 hands to wield, but again, no biggie.

I like your colour scheme and the red halberd shafts!

Offline diMarko

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 12:10:42 PM »
Thanks Maza!

I start working on the banner, fist banner i ever paint and its harder than i thought  :eusa_wall:

One side is done I cant get the top letters to look good and i been trying since last night. I also need to think of what to put on the other side.

Pls tell me your thoughts and what can make it look better. Need to do something about the white to smoothen it out somehow.

Offline theforgefather

• Hello!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 12:26:46 PM »
The writing on the banner looks cool, along with the cross

Offline Maza

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
The cross on the banner looks great, symmetrical and crisp. It is really hard to do a good cross.

I wish I could help you with the writing, but I also find it very hard. And the skull white colour tends to result in a somewhat chalky effect. I don't really know how to counter that.

All in all, I think that is a very good result for a first attempt at a banner.

Offline WoT

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Looks nice, with a big of grey throw in it would be Wissenland, since they used red weapons to.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 11:03:01 AM »
I think your writing looks great.

One thing I did with writing on a banner of mine was cut individual letters from a set of Imperial Guard transfers (the tank names) and piece it together. If you can still get Lettraset letters, that might be a good way to go too.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline diMarko

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 12:56:20 AM »
Thanks for the advice Darknight, sad thing is i dont have any IG's :(

WoT i think il go Reikland in the end, only thing i dislike about reikland is that they are artillery and im not to fond of that :)

Maze here are my fist 8 guys! still long way to go till i manage to get close to your red!

SB is done its supose to be a shield and a hal on the otherside, looks more like some kind of tower.

need to do something about the flook and the stain on this guy..

Btw i think the champion and SB are twins :P

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 06:45:13 AM »
There are looking really well :happy:
I'm not sure about fielding twins in the same regiment, isn't kinda dangerous?  :closed-eyes:
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Killahtz

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 08:09:09 PM »
The best thing to get rid of the chalky effect from skull white that i have found so far is something called flow improver.  You have dilute it about 10 to 1 with water then add it to your paint.  It smooths out white and makes it a lot easier to paint.  I found it in micheals around the acrylic paints

Offline diMarko

Province less Empires painting blog.
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »
The best thing to get rid of the chalky effect from skull white that i have found so far is something called flow improver.  You have dilute it about 10 to 1 with water then add it to your paint.  It smooths out white and makes it a lot easier to paint.  I found it in micheals around the acrylic paints
Thanks killahz il see if I can find something like that here around my parts :)

Offline diMarko

Re: Province less Empires painting blog. ( Reikland )
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »
Not hade mutch spare time for painting this month but made a movment tray today and this is how it looks..

Please tell me your thoughts and what could be better :)

Ohh I also need to buy myself some new things to paint to get away from the monotomy of paiting halberds.
I got a Crossbow/Handgunner box but i dont feel for paiting them tbh.

Thinking of buying some GS or is it wiser to get some singel models to paint to get the spirit up?
Maby DG?? but then again im afraid il mess them up with my paiting :)

Offline Spjuth

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 08:21:49 AM »
Looks good!
Very nice with the small shrubberies.

I think it's best to settle for a character, they are faster to paint than ordinary soldiers, and the risk of getting stuck with two half painted units are smaller  :happy:

Offline anvalous

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »
Very, very nice!  The halberd on the banner is aces.  Also, I really like your flesh tones and the depth you've achieved on the faces.  Well done!

Offline diMarko

Re: Reikland pblog ( need help painting greenskin blood )
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 09:17:34 PM »
First non halberd figuer i dont paint and sorry for the bad light on the photo..

WIP

I have no idea of how to paint the blood.. what i know orks have black blood and not red. I thought something in the style of very dark purple maby and is it worth trying to do blood stains on him and if yes how to do them?

Any thoughts are helpful.

PS...  I maby should paint the hat in another color.. to mutch white and red i think.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:18:21 PM by diMarko »