home

Author Topic: Lord Bakemono's Sylvanian Warband  (Read 8719 times)

Offline Lord Bakemono

Lord Bakemono's Sylvanian Warband
« on: September 12, 2012, 01:17:05 PM »
Hi guys,

These models have been collecting a lot of dust on my shelf so in order to get some motivation for my next army, I thought I'd post some images of them so you could see my early Empire models.

Background for my army: Vlad Von Carstein has just assumed Lordship over Sylvania and the province enjoys a time of relative prosperity. Since this was in the time before black powder, all my ranged units are either huntsmen, crossbowmen, or pistoliers converted to have repeater crossbows from the Dark Elf corsairs.  :-)

Vlad has decreed that all symbols of Sigmar be removed, so the twin tailed comet has been filed off breastplates, shields, etc; my warrior priest is a follower of Morr, my wizard is an Amethyst wizard/undercover necromancer with a decayed right hand. Little touches like that to help add flavour.

To reinforce the undead theme, the standard for my Greatswords has an animated zombie swinging a club at nearby enemies, many of the Greatswords wear death masks (also to add variety throughout the old metal models) and some of my state troops have less than healthy skin tones. My militia daub their faces with warpaint and die their hair green to scare their enemies (borrowed from a certain Crown Prince of Crime), they are the citizens of Gothamstrasse, a fearsome bunch of drunks.

Captain with Dragon Bow - Now useless in the updated rules except as a Huntsman/Marksman

Warrior Priest of Morr

Halberdiers

Crossbowmen
You only get out what you put in.

Offline Lord Bakemono

Re: Lord Bakemono's Sylvanian Warband
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »

Amethyst Wizard

Captain on Horse - Not a Vampire, a common soldier who fought up the ranks and represents the common man in Vlad's army. Which Vlad hates.

Militia - Gothamstrasse's finest

Offline Lord Bakemono

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »

Greatswords - My pride and joy of the Empire army. My first real attempt at sculpting freehand detail.

Comments and feedback always welcome!

Offline the Tilean

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
wow that stuff is awesome, i particularly like the joker militia and the greatswords

bravo!  :eusa_clap:
"That is because even dead he is so much better than all the other counts combined."
Fandir Nightshade on Count Marius Leitdorf -RIP-

Offline dublindawg

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:32 PM »
They look AMAZING!!!

Offline Kirgan

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:53:02 PM »
 :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :happy:
Commission Painting-PM  :)

Offline Haak

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
I really like your color choices for the characters. Your use of muted yet contrasting colors makes the models look realistic without being washed out.  :::cheers:::

Offline Orcslayer

• I salute you
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:54:08 PM »
This is absolutely amazing. Well done and thank you for sharing.
W/D/L with new army book: 30/15/20

Offline Syn Ace

• Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:34 AM »
Excellent work!
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

William Gibson

Offline Alleton

• I'm not unit champion, shoot someone else!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 02:45:29 AM »
Priest of Morr has comets still...gonna have a visit from Vlad's secret enforcers.

The dragon bow is awesome, even if useless now.

Your work is top notch, love it!
Demonslayer
 "hey, let's use one of those seals that keep ultimate darkness contained and use it to fry goblins, also have it be operated by the college janitor".

Warhammer Plog:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=42622.msg751211#msg751211

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 02:31:46 PM »
Did you make those partial face masks from the Greatswords yourself with greenstuff? They look excellent!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline beno1440

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
Paint the comets a creepy green and call it warpstone  :wink:

I think this army rocks by the way. So many cool ideas - the Greatsword Masquerade looks pretty stunning, as does the Joker Brigade.

The Dragon Bow looks suspiciously like the one that went missing from Athel Loren a while back - know anything about that perchance  :laugh:

Offline Lord Bakemono

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 08:50:40 AM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys and gals!

Did you make those partial face masks from the Greatswords yourself with greenstuff? They look excellent!

Yep, they're greenstuff. :) My wife studied Commedia Dell'arte at uni so there was plenty of reference material close at hand.

The Dragon Bow looks suspiciously like the one that went missing from Athel Loren a while back - know anything about that perchance  :laugh:

My legal counsel informs me that I cannot comment on that unsubstantiated rumour. Any similarity between a useless magic bow and a useful magic bow that just happened to disappear from the Dark Forest is purely coincidental.  :wink:

Offline BAWTRM

• The Netherlands
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »
Thanks for all the encouragement, guys and gals!

Yep, they're greenstuff. :) My wife studied Commedia Dell'arte at uni so there was plenty of reference material close at hand.

Really nice then! They look like actual masks, not something that clings to the faces.

"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:31 PM »
A quick question about the free company:  Why so serious?
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline Ads

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 02:38:18 AM »
Your army is looking awesome. I really think the joker militia are superb, the heads are done really well.

Offline fbjorn

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
Really grim (in a cool way  8-)) locking army. Should cause fear in battle.
I like your painting. Very dark but still Empire.

:::cheers:::
fbjorn