home

Author Topic: rules sub forum?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline jaggedjimmyj

rules sub forum?
« on: April 21, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »
It bothers me that we have no rules related sub forum.
"The imperial court" or whatnot.

Would make both asking and searching for answers easier.
Dunno if this has been up before and rejected.
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• Global Moderator
Re: rules sub forum?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »
We don't like to add new boards unless absolutely necessary. The elector's forum is fine for rules questions.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline jaggedjimmyj

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:31:33 AM »
Each to his own I guess. But I find it well poop.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:37:08 PM by PhillyT »
Archaon, The Everchosen, is one of two openly homosexual special characters in the world of warhammer. The other, of course, is Queek Headtaker.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 07:08:09 AM »
I would agree with jaggedjimmyj, as some readers seem to get annoyed if a thread with a question about a rule is actually discussing that rule in detail. A rules forum might perhaps alleviate their pain.   
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Irisado

• Retired Amethyst Wizard Lord
    • 40K Online
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 05:26:24 PM »
Assuming there are sufficient rules questions being asked on a regular basis, then I too think that it would make sense to have a rules board.

At the moment, the Elector's board is just a catch all for everything that isn't tactics, and army lists, and that seems a bit too broad to me.  This place is hardly overflowing with boards, so if there's enough rules traffic, then I think a change would be useful.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 05:40:39 PM »
Other than rules, what is really discussed on the Elector's forum?  Modeling is in the brush and palette.  Tactics have a sub forum.  Fluff has its own. 

Elector's talks about individual units, army styles, rules, rule effects, and number crunching.
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline Irisado

• Retired Amethyst Wizard Lord
    • 40K Online
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
There's discussion of rumours, general discussion about what people think of certain units (i.e. not specific tactical discussion), and opinions about the rules/the game/the army.  This is general discussion.

Rules questions saying does x do this?  Or can I do y? don't, in my view, belong in general discussion.  They belong in their own separate board.  At the moment they're getting swallowed up by all the general discussion threads, so would, in my view, be better off in a separate board.

There really are not that many boards here.  If you take out the campaign boards, both archived, and current, this is one of the smallest forums I visit (in terms of the number of boards), so if that's the primary concern with creating a new board, then I think that it's an unnecessary one.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
    • My Photobucket Ostermark Page
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 02:10:59 AM »
I don't see a need for an additional rules forum. I don't think I've ever had a question get over looked or unanswered in the Elector's Forum.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)