home

Author Topic: Problems connecting to the forum  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Padre

Problems connecting to the forum
« on: December 19, 2013, 11:05:33 PM »
For three days now, half the time I try to connect to the forum I get the message:

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Is this something others are experiencing, or just me??
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Problems connecting to the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 11:13:11 PM »
Not half the time, but it happens.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:44:26 AM »
We appear to have a host who has oversold the capacity.

If I understand the info from Bugman and Grutch.

It seems to happen regularly - you find a host, and after a year or so it starts getting clogged up and you have to find another one.
I think it is called greed - it wouldn't happen under communism  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline righteousfury

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »
is there anything people can do to get a new host or unclogg? i rather enjoyed the links and it was helping me get my army started with history. if not the forum is still fantastic.