home

Author Topic: The Road to Volganof (update 21May2020 - Handgunner & Big bad knights)  (Read 69758 times)

Offline errantgamer

• 2020 is the Empire Year
Re: The Road to Volganof (update 22Apr2020 - A little building)
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »
My excitement for the ultimate culmination of this thread grows with every post.

Offline lt dougheim

« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
Truly incredible. :eusa_clap:

Offline VonOttenheim

• Commander Black Griffon
« Reply #427 on: April 26, 2020, 06:14:59 AM »
What errantgamer said.   :::cheers:::
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Online Naitsabes

• Never slid
« Reply #428 on: May 22, 2020, 05:50:24 AM »
My excitement for the ultimate culmination of this thread grows with every post.

Hold your horses, guys.  :blush:

----------------------------------------
Update time but, don’t get too excited. Volganof isn’t even an inch closer.

First up, I was intrigued by GW’s white contrast paint. Would it be possible to slap on ‘one thick coat’ and have nice white with awesome shading? Seemed too good to be true. I had to try it and turns out it was. Here are Reiklander Schuetzen.

Not too happy with the contrast white. It pools as a kind of grey that doesn’t look very cloth like. I suppose it might work better on some kind of Star Wars Stormtrooper-style models. More of a plastic or ceramic kind vibe. Anyway, the Schuetzen will still shoot just fine.

A close-up with another recent addition, a nice Beast Mage I was able to get from our very own Artobans Ghost. I think I might get close to having representatives from all eight colleges on foot. Mounted not so much. I really like the chunky wizard sculpts of this generation with all their trinkets. I had eyed this model for years on ebay and never noticed his little friend there on the shoulder.

On the chaos side I did add Khorne at its Khorniest. Knights in all their baroque glory!

I wish these guys were scaled just a bit smaller, not just because then they wouldn't be such a royal pain to rank up but also because they make all my character models look like weedy teenagers.

The champion rolled well on that RoC table of yore. Bestial face!

They shall be lead to battle by a proper BSB-hero. Let me introduce you to Marbaal. Some call him the Mighty, some slander him as the oft-defeated. But, nobody can deny he got a bad deal when Khorne handed out the steeds. His goal in life is to challenge his famous brother in mortal combat and take his hound.

This was a fun conversion based on an Arbaal torso/head and way old chaos knight legs. Arbaal is comically small by today's standards (except for his axe of course) so I had to put in a bit of a belly extension. Looking forward to getting this guy cannon'ed off the board turn one.

Now, I have it on good authority that Lord Mortkin has no need for their service at Volganof. These knights will need to find skulls for the skull throne elsewhere.

Upward and onward (just not always towards Volganof!)
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 21May2020 - Handgunner & Big bad knights

Online Naitsabes

• Never slid
p.s. looks like photobucket finally got around to destroying my old old pictures in this thread (they were only fuzzy for a while, now completely gone). Wasn't there some cheeky trick to get the links to work again without hosting the pictures someplace else? My memory fails me.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 21May2020 - Handgunner & Big bad knights

Online Artobans Ghost

You have done that mage complete justice. Beautiful. And I have to admit, I never noticed his familiar as well.
He most definitely went to the right home 😺☝️
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline GamesPoet

• Spring is here! : )
Liking the looks of that Chaos Cavalry! :icon_biggrin: :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Zak

• Global Moderator
  • Bigfoot Hunter 2020
    • Zachary Moss
whoa they look great  :::cheers:::
Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change ….

Offline Shadespyre

p.s. looks like photobucket finally got around to destroying my old old pictures in this thread (they were only fuzzy for a while, now completely gone). Wasn't there some cheeky trick to get the links to work again without hosting the pictures someplace else? My memory fails me.

PB is barely functional for me at the moment, though my old pics all still to be there posting new ones is not really happening. Just when I'd really got the hang of the new editor on it, too.

Offline GamesPoet

• Spring is here! : )
Hearing something like that is just another reason not to use them as a platform to host photos.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
Love the progress you're making!  :-)

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.