home

Author Topic: Dougheim's mad wanderings (Wissenlanders)  (Read 5375 times)

Offline The Black Knight

Re: Dougheim's mad wanderings (Wissenlanders)
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2020, 07:54:13 AM »
Holy cow, that is a sight to behold!
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2020, 12:17:01 PM »
Massive! Love the oldschool! :)

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2020, 01:58:28 PM »
Its exciting because I wish I had those metal halberdiers!

Its also nice to be reminded of those old unarmoured archers - I used to have a bunch back when I first started collecting, I have no idea what I did with them. Probably stupidly sold them. I really liked the leaning over one with the beard. Thanks for the memories!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline VonOttenheim

• Commander Black Griffon
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2020, 04:14:04 PM »
Impressive   :::cheers::: :::cheers:::
Ulrich von Ottenheim

Commander Black Griffon
Komtur Templar Knights of Taal
"...I want milk in my Khorne flakes..."

Offline lt dougheim

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
That is a very impressive haul  :Ohmy:

Am wondering whether you ever had a similar thread on Warseer back in the day? I remember following a thread on a hugely impressive halfling army there, and yours on the first page might be it  :engel:

Thanks, I had a thread on warseer when I painted my halflings. When I was working on it there was a guy who had a thread  called Gobotonnians. It was a huge custom goblin army with bretonnian theme. If that sounds familiar its probably the same
thread you remember.

Offline lt dougheim

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2020, 11:01:46 PM »
Its exciting because I wish I had those metal halberdiers!

Its also nice to be reminded of those old unarmoured archers - I used to have a bunch back when I first started collecting, I have no idea what I did with them. Probably stupidly sold them. I really liked the leaning over one with the beard. Thanks for the memories!

I have had the same regret selling miniatures. Back when I first started playing warhammer I went through almost every army. I would buy an army play a few games and then trade or sell it for whatever flavor was new. I actually bought and sold my chaos dwarf army 3 times. Any ways I eventually started playing empire around the time I lost my second daughter. I was able to sink myself into the project to help me deal with life. Ever since then empire models have held a special place in my heart.

Offline JoV

« Reply #81 on: Today at 05:24:30 AM »
That is a very impressive haul  :Ohmy:

Am wondering whether you ever had a similar thread on Warseer back in the day? I remember following a thread on a hugely impressive halfling army there, and yours on the first page might be it  :engel:

Thanks, I had a thread on warseer when I painted my halflings. When I was working on it there was a guy who had a thread  called Gobotonnians. It was a huge custom goblin army with bretonnian theme. If that sounds familiar its probably the same
thread you remember.

Aye, I do remember that one. The amount of greenstuff work to make the knights was immense. I actually went looking for your thread not so long ago, army of the moot or somesuch it was called? I couldn't find it, and so guessed it disappeared when Warseer went down  :cry:

Also sorry to hear about your daughter. Am glad painting may have been able to provide some catharsis.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:33:58 AM by JoV »