home

Author Topic: Empire Triumphant  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Not-not-kenny

• Call me: 22079460347
    • View Profile
Empire Triumphant
« on: May 06, 2016, 09:22:18 AM »
Hello everyone  :::cheers:::

I couldn't quite get the rigor mortis out of my old WIP log as Imageshack decided to remove all my images so here's my attempt at starting anew! First off, a picture of my Empire collection as it stands today:

The current plan (which is still highly mutable at this point) is to split it off into two separate projects. The first will use the bulk of the army and will represent a full pre-End Times Stirland army. It will be played using 8th edition WHFB, 9th Age, Kings of War or whatever massed fantasy battle system my group settles on. The second project will be slightly smaller representing the survivors of a Talabheim garrison wandering the Old World sometime during or after the End Times. The feel I'm going to aim for will be ragtag, desperate, constantly on the move, that sort of thing. They will be based/rebased on rounds to be played with the Age of Sigmar ruleset.

First entirely new model is a crossbowman to be used in AoS and probably Mordheim, converted with Empire bits and a 40K Chaos cultist body:

Your feedback is welcome  :icon_biggrin:
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Offline FrancMarson

• View Profile
Re: Empire Triumphant
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »
Wow!
Nice job on that first crossbowman. I have just some minor doubts, it seems that the legs are a little shorter than the torso (maybe is the photo angle) and i think that you can close those little gaps under the shoulders :)
Apart from that i love your head choice, which kit is that from?

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »
Wow!
Nice job on that first crossbowman. I have just some minor doubts, it seems that the legs are a little shorter than the torso (maybe is the photo angle) and i think that you can close those little gaps under the shoulders :)
Apart from that i love your head choice, which kit is that from?

He's not entirely finished, he still needs a few details taken care of like, as you pointed out, the gap in the arm joints. The head is from the Greatswords kit (if I'm not remembering it completely wrong, my bits aren't very well catalogued).
"Nothing happens contradictory to nature, only contradictory to what we know of it."

Online Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 11:05:28 AM »
Very cool conversion. How hard was it to convert that cultist? They're monopose, right?
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »
Very cool conversion. How hard was it to convert that cultist? They're monopose, right?

This one was quite easy, just some cutting, but some of them have pretty creative layouts to make the most of them being plastic but still keeping them snapfit so converting them can get really involved.

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy Halloween! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 11:48:01 AM »
Congrats on the army picture! :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 10:02:53 PM »
After an evening of hobbying I now have a fully assembled Mordheim Witch Hunter warband to show you.

From left to right: Friedrich (witch hunter with crossbow), Poul (warrior priest with great weapon), Simon (witch hunter captain with axe and pistol) and Knud (zealot with great weapon)...

...Carl (zealot with sword and shield), Daniel (zealot with spear and shield) and the two "warhounds" Knoll & Tott.

Tell me what you think about them :)

Offline Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 11:40:13 PM »
I love them, especially Simon and Carl.
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Sharkbelly

• View Profile
    • Sharkbelly's Projects
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:38 AM »
Great conversion work! The baby griffon with the helmet made me LOL.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 02:46:35 AM »
Great conversion work! The baby griffon with the helmet made me LOL.

Me too!

Simon's legs work well with the torso.
What body did you use for Friedrich?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:13 AM »
Thanks a bunch guys  :icon_biggrin:

What body did you use for Friedrich?

It's a chaos cultist from the 40K Dark Vengeance starter box set.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• i'm a mercenary doom bringer
    • View Profile
    • Wargaming Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 03:29:55 PM »
I agree, great conversion work. And good use of a variety of figures -- I had no idea about some of them.

Offline Doc J

• The Prince of Brooklyn Park
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:59 PM »
I like the conversions, where is the bumpy shield from?

I look forward to seeing you Stirlanders when does that project start, do you have a timeline?

I really like what you're doing using such a wide variety of parts to get the job done  :::cheers:::
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »
I like the conversions, where is the bumpy shield from?

I look forward to seeing you Stirlanders when does that project start, do you have a timeline?

The bumpy shield is from the Vampire Counts skeletons.

When it comes to the Stirlanders that project was started a long time ago. Here's a picture from the previous thread:

I might post some more if I can be bothered to dig them up.

Offline Doc J

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 05:53:48 PM »
They look interesting do you have a fluff page with background on them?

Offline FrancMarson

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 05:57:24 PM »
After an evening of hobbying I now have a fully assembled Mordheim Witch Hunter warband to show you.

From left to right: Friedrich (witch hunter with crossbow), Poul (warrior priest with great weapon), Simon (witch hunter captain with axe and pistol) and Knud (zealot with great weapon)...

...Carl (zealot with sword and shield), Daniel (zealot with spear and shield) and the two "warhounds" Knoll & Tott.

Tell me what you think about them :)

I really dig the base you made for Carl, i will try to copy it for my character in mordheim!
You have done really a great job with your warband :)

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 04:59:34 PM »
(Re-)painted up Knud and packed up some terrain for a little photoshoot:

Offline Doc J

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 05:19:37 PM »
The worn leather on the hat and boots looks great. I look forward to seeing the rest of the warband.  :icon_smile: :icon_smile:

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 06:01:28 PM »
Gotta love the Stirlanders! Hordes of them!  :::cheers:::

Powder monkey as a warhound? Just a step away from the holy hand grenade.  :icon_biggrin:

Very nice conversion work, and the painting seems good as well.

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Not-not-kenny

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 01:52:54 PM »
"When there is no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth..."

Two years since I set foot here, eh? Well during that time I have made the plan from the first post in this thread a reality and gone and rebased ~70 models to rounds and had a lot of fun playing AoS with them. Here are some of the models shown here earlier all painted up:

And then, two days ago I played in a small campaign, and playing my first (and then two more) game of WHFB 8th edition in three years re-lit a flame that has lain dormant for a long time and now my Stirlanders march again. So here are new pictures of some models who've already made appearances here.

Halberdiers:

Spearmen:

Knights of the Feathered Serpent:

And the models currenty on the painting table (it's more spearmen and Éowyn the unit filler):

That's it for today,  :::cheers::: until next time!

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy Halloween! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »
Welcome back!  So glad to see this project moving forward again. :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »
Woo welcome back! And fantastic models to boot!

Offline zak

• Warhammer baby
    • Zachary Moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2018, 05:51:11 PM »
NICE!!!!  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” Dr. Seuss

Online Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
« Reply #23 on: Today at 12:44:39 PM »
These are some great looking models! :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau