home

Author Topic: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Althammer: orcs, goblins, half-orcs, hobgoblins...)  (Read 144794 times)

Offline Shadespyre

• Warhammer Empire (at The Herdstone)
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (Wood Elves & a tree)
« Reply #1475 on: January 28, 2020, 01:22:36 PM »
Is that a Reaper Dire Bear? Just bought one of those to be a playmate for my Stone Giants. He's a whopper!

I think I now know what to add to your parcel though  :icon_wink:

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1476 on: January 28, 2020, 01:24:37 PM »
It is not. I have a few of the Reaper bears myself.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• i'm a mercenary doom bringer
    • Wargaming Blog
« Reply #1477 on: January 28, 2020, 08:21:13 PM »
The one on the right is a Reaper Bones dire bear. The one on the left is the companion of the elf in the middle - from Grenadier. The Reaper figure is really nice, but I was hoping it was a little closer in size to the Grenadier bear.

I changed lights. Do these newer photos look a little too blue-ish? Or maybe too much light or glare?

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
« Reply #1478 on: January 29, 2020, 07:43:35 AM »
Reaper has a bear to scale in one of the Animal Companions sets. Their other bears, sold individually, tend to be 'heroic' scale.

Really like both of the bears!  :-)

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Wargaming Blog
Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (played a game!)
« Reply #1479 on: February 02, 2020, 11:02:28 PM »
Thanks, I will look that one up.

I actually played a game. Just a small one. Finally tried a solo game of Dragon Rampant.

More on my blog... https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2020/02/ambushed-by-trolls-preface.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 11:26:28 PM by ZeroTwentythree »

Offline Artobans Ghost

Re: Pandemonium Multi-PLog (played a game!)
« Reply #1480 on: February 03, 2020, 10:21:18 PM »
Love this 023. Read your blog write up as well. Your table is awesome! GP got me heading for a dragon rampant game but my hobby world came to a screeching halt awhile back. Have a little thread dedicated to the DR. I should be up and running again fairly soon.
This has got me revving again 😸

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52592.msg1030670#msg1030670
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Wargaming Blog
After recently receiving the Midlam Miniatures hobgoblins (and started to paint them already!) I decided to write a bit about how they fit into my Althammer setting...

https://www.zerotwentythree.com/2020/02/althammer-of-orcs-goblins-hobgoblins.html

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
Hey 023 ... finally read your blog post on Dragon Rampant.  Seems like you weren't thrilled with the rules.  My suggestion is to play it on a 4x6 table with some a good number of pieces of scenery.  I haven't played Dragon Rampant yet, although I've played quite a bit of Lion Rampant and usually on 4x6 tables with scenery setups, and sometimes using some of the scenarios in the book.  This has allowed for more maneuvering, and the scenarios can sometimes present a challenging game as well.  Lion Rampant and Dragon Rampant are similar, although each incarnation of Mersey's rules system is a bit different.  Pikemen's Lament lists can't really go with Lion Rampant, and then there are All The Kings Men, and Rebels & Patriots.  As an example, the last does away with the rule regarding once an activation roll is missed, a player's turn stops.  Not that R&P would be good for fantasy, but a person could switch up some of the rules to obtain a different flow to the game.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb