home

Author Topic: New Horizons RPG OOC thread (Players Only plz)  (Read 37068 times)

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
Re: New Horizons RPG OOC thread (Players Only plz)
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2014, 09:16:51 PM »
Did not!
CannonofDoom spews his shit at me all the time and I haven't banned him.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2014, 09:25:47 PM »
Speaking of finding bit more information, don't forget there is a galactic internet. Let's talk about that for a moment:

You can gain instant knowledge and information using the intragalactic network. The IGN works a lot like the internet we know and love with a few drawbacks. Updates take varying times to reach star systems based on traffic. Information is downloaded to specifically modified craft, usually government and independant courier ships, and then those ships travel to systems and automatically upload the updated information to the local network servers. Less trafficked systems receive updates less feequently, but heavily trafficked systems like Terra receive updates every hour or so. This only really affects information like news and personal communications. Make sure to check the news and your messages any time you jump into a new system.

You can use the IGN to look up information with the research skill. Once you have the name of the girl's colony you should be able to look up what happened.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2014, 09:28:51 PM »
Yes, I was going to ask about the space internet. I am fully equipped with the research skill and will internet the place down.

Also, clearly we have to adopt this child.
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »
I think you're the go-to guy for "knowing stuff" in general here.

I'd prefer to research whether Semeto is actually dead first! I mean, he probably is, but the goons might have thought him dead and walked out.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 10:00:44 PM by Sig »

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
Ket is the go-to guy for knowing stuff, medical stuff, and swimming.  :icon_smile:

I was thinking we should research if Semeto is dead, but it hasn't been that long since the incident happened. It's probably not been on the space 6 o'clock news yet!

How long do we want to hang around this system? If we stay a while we could try emailing hospitals to find out if he's in any of them.
If I wanted to.

Offline Khalim

• Members
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2014, 10:07:07 PM »
I never said we won, i said he gave it up which he did  by clearing his name  :icon_cool:

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2014, 10:17:35 PM »
Ket is the go-to guy for knowing stuff, medical stuff, and swimming.  :icon_smile:

I was thinking we should research if Semeto is dead, but it hasn't been that long since the incident happened. It's probably not been on the space 6 o'clock news yet!

How long do we want to hang around this system? If we stay a while we could try emailing hospitals to find out if he's in any of them.

You could research the nearest hospitals, and one of us could hack the systems to get names of admissions. Failing that, we can try morgues...

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2014, 10:26:54 PM »
I never said we won, i said he gave it up which he did  by clearing his name  :icon_cool:

You are just dead set on robbing that girl of her only worldly possession! Monster!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #333 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:17 PM »
Ket will insist the ship belongs to Meko!

You could research the nearest hospitals, and one of us could hack the systems to get names of admissions. Failing that, we can try morgues...

Good plan!
If I wanted to.

Offline Khalim

• Members
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2014, 12:11:15 AM »
I'm dead set on comandeering this ship for our uses  :icon_cool:

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #335 on: October 25, 2014, 01:16:47 AM »
Pirate!

Also, why don't you just diplomacy the girl into letting you stay on and use her ship?

Offline Khalim

• Members
« Reply #336 on: October 25, 2014, 01:40:33 AM »
I was looking at that route to, I don't  want a child controlling me though lol.

But since I don't  want to continue arguing with her and I certainly don't  want to murder her I  guess I shall have to.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:45:18 AM by Khalim »

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #337 on: October 25, 2014, 07:40:14 AM »
At some point we will want a better ship anyway.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #338 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:22 PM »
Ships are expensive!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #339 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:01 PM »
Maybe you'll use the overly-generous trading mechanics from WFRP and we'll make loads of money!
If I wanted to.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #340 on: October 25, 2014, 12:14:45 PM »
Maybe you'll use the overly-generous trading mechanics from WFRP and we'll make loads of money!

It could happen!

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #341 on: October 25, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »
I'm sure ships are expensive, this one could be had for the low, low price of one murder!

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #342 on: October 25, 2014, 01:07:13 PM »
Quote from: Zhig
I've got a job, doesn't anyone else?

Dude, we're adventurers. Our job is adventure!
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #343 on: October 25, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »
I dunno. I just thought we were regular joes thrust into a shitty situation. I mean, he's clearly never done anything - he has 0xp. I sort of want us to build a consensus as to why we'd even stick together. Zhig is thinking this whole thing is totally crazy right now. He's loving it, of course - we're going to adventure after all, he's got to have the desire there, and he will see it as a shortcut to the cash he needs to make himself a cybernetic body.

Is the plan to go kill Boss Gaz? Because that should be the plan. Maybe after we do that we'll have more of a sense of being an actual party.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #344 on: October 25, 2014, 01:51:59 PM »
I don't know - isn't 'why would the party stay together' the question you're not supposed to ask? We're staying together because we're characters in a game. It's nice if you can find some motivation beyond that, but it really doesn't matter. We're hardly likely to split up.

I'm not enthusiastic about going after the local Jabba the Hutt! I'd rather go somewhere else and do something exciting and spacey.
If I wanted to.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #345 on: October 25, 2014, 02:25:17 PM »
Hmm, ok.

I figured we were being led there. It's literally the only name we have I think? I don't know what space stuff we can do. Since the game world is completely new, it's hard to know what to do yet. I thought our opening adventure would be to topple a local gangster, collect some cash and guns, and go from there. Figured he was very small-time, and it would give Cannon some time to come up with more stuff.

I'm not actually fussed though! Anything is good! I just thought it was what Cannon's written already.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #346 on: October 25, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
Nothing is prewritten. I have a vague plan for most contingencies, but you make your own story. It was entirely possible for Semeto to survive, and possible for you to have all died in your fight with those goons. You never need to go back to Gorgon if you don't want.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #347 on: October 25, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
No worries.

In that case Zhig doesn't care particularly what we do, as long as he thinks Gaz can't get him or his mum. He's probably lost his job, he's pretty good at what he does and has 5 companions who aren't telling him to get lost, so a personal record there, and no ties to anything.

Offline Khalim

• Members
« Reply #348 on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
What is Gin's mission Cannon? I wrote that he took the first available job that took him off world for his government so I was wondering what was it? Have I completed it or is it still ongoing?

It will help me decide where Gin will weigh in.

Offline Cannonofdoom

• Members
« Reply #349 on: October 25, 2014, 05:33:46 PM »
Gin completed the mission that took him to Gorgon: just a secure document delivery. He should check his messages often, but he is free to do his own thing between assignments.