home

Author Topic: Summary of End Times Rules  (Read 9027 times)

Offline carmaul

• Members
Summary of End Times Rules
« on: March 19, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »
I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to summarize what the End Times adds from each book.  Please add anything I miss and I will update the original post.

[edit:  FVC's post covers it: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=50345.msg940500#msg940500]

END TIMES RULES SUMMARY

End Times: Nagash
  • Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts allowed to merge into Undead Legions
  • All Wizards get Lore of Undeath
  • Lords and Heroes allowance changed to 50%
End Times: Glottkin
  • Beastmen, Daemons and Warriors of Chaos allowed to merge into Chaos Legions
  • Chaos Ascendancy rules
  • Chaos Wizards can cast Summon Infernal Legions spell. [Side note:  Wouldn't it have been a smart marketing idea to allow all wizards to swap a spell for Summon Infernal Legions, thus more people buy Chaos models]
End Times: Khaine
  • Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves allowed to merge into Host of Elves armies
  • All Wizards know all spells for any lore they can select from
  • Loremasters can reroll all dice in any casting attempt
  • Spells with casting value under 15 can be cast multiple times in the same magic phase as long as the spell was cast successfully
  • Level 3+ Wizards gain End Times spells for each lore introduced that cannot be dispelled
  • Magic Phase changes:  4d6 Winds of Magic; highest 2 for dispel;  D6 maximum dice per spell (rolled for each spell);
End Times: Thanquol
  • {I don't remember anything}
End Times: Archaon
  • Removed Army composition requirements
  • Skaven and Chaos could merge for a Grand Chaos army
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:23:25 PM by carmaul »

Offline carmaul

• Members
Re: Summary of End Times Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
[Space reserved for more info]

New Units:  [includes new rules for an existing model; ie. KFA]

End Times: Nagash
  • Nagash
  • Mortarchs
  • Morghast Harbingers/Archai
  • Valten
End Times: Glottkin
  • Glottkin
  • Gutrot Spume
  • Putrid Blightkings
  • Karl Franz Ascended
  • Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine
  • Alarielle, Avatar of Isha
  • Alarielle, Incarnate of Life
  • Imrik, Crown Prince of Caledor
  • Malekith, the Phoenix King
  • Malekith, the Eternity King
  • Thanquol
  • Verminlords
  • Stormfiends
End Times: Archaon
  • Bathasar Gelt
  • Grimgor
  • Khorne Wrathmongers
  • Khorne Skullreapers
  • Skarr Bloodwrath
  • Bloodthirster
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 05:16:49 PM by carmaul »

Offline Jomppexx

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 03:51:33 PM »
Khaine: All wizards are Loremasters. LVL 3+ wizards get the new end times spells. Any spell that is successfully cast and has a casting total lower than 15+ can be cast any amount of times, as long as the spell is successful every time.

Thanquol: Skaven and Chaos combined? Stormfiends.
"Sigmar is like a barbaric, warrior Jesus, and only appeared to be a mortal man."
Highlights :
8/2014 : Grandmaster slew a Chaos Lord in a challenge

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »
isn't the 'summon infernal legion' only if you play a scenario with "Chaos Ascendancy" (i.e. never, outside of two bunnies fluffing it out)? That same rule gives some other advantages to chaos units of a particular god. So maybe list it is 'Chaos Ascendancy' and then state the components?

Maybe also list the special characters introduced in each book?

This thread is a worthwhile endeavor!
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 05:04:42 PM »
Khaine: All wizards are Loremasters. LVL 3+ wizards get the new end times spells. Any spell that is successfully cast and has a casting total lower than 15+ can be cast any amount of times, as long as the spell is successful every time.

Thanquol: Skaven and Chaos combined? Stormfiends.

Thank you for the Khaine update.

I think Skaven and Chaos combined in Archaon (I saw the book over the weekend and saw the Grand Chaos Legion that let you use Skaven)

Maybe also list the special characters introduced in each book?

I can add in the second post new models/units, but I wasn't planning on it at first.

Quote from: Naitsabes
isn't the 'summon infernal legion' only if you play a scenario with "Chaos Ascendancy" (i.e. never, outside of two bunnies fluffing it out)? That same rule gives some other advantages to chaos units of a particular god. So maybe list it is 'Chaos Ascendancy' and then state the components?

I am not sure if you have to play Chaos Ascendancy to use the spell.  I will add "Chaos Ascendancy" to Glottkin though, since it does add additional rules for Chaos.

Quote from: Naitsabes
This thread is a worthwhile endeavor!

Thank you.  That is one of the reasons I started it.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »
Also from Khaine:
- 4d6 for winds of magic with two highest used for dispel dice.
- you have to roll for the maximum dice you can use to cast.
- I think ALL Wizards are loremasters, in the sense that they know all spells. The loremaster rule now allows you to reroll all dice when casting (also in case of miscast/IF) from the specific Lore.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline carmaul

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 05:16:12 PM »
Also from Khaine:
- you have to roll for the maximum dice you can use to cast.

D6 maximum dice per spell?

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 05:20:21 PM »
Yes
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 07:30:55 AM »
  • Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine
  • Alarielle, Avatar of Isha
  • Alarielle, Incarnate of Life
  • Imrik, Crown Prince of Caledor
  • Malekith, the Phoenix King
  • Malekith, the Eternity King

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 11:05:17 AM »
summary of end times: pile o' wank.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
Shouldn't that be a pool rather than a pile?

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
    [/list]End Times: Khaine
    • Wood Elves, Dark Elves and High Elves allowed to merge into Host of Elves armies
    • All Wizards are Loremaster
    • Spells with casting value under 15 can be cast multiple times in the same magic phase as long as the spell was cast successfully
    • Level 3+ Wizards gain End Times spells for each lore introduced that cannot be dispelled
    • Magic Phase changes:  4d6 Winds of Magic; highest 2 for dispel;  D6 maximum dice per spell (rolled for each spell);

Also from Khaine:
    - I think ALL Wizards are loremasters, in the sense that they know all spells. The loremaster rule now allows you to reroll all dice when casting (also in case of miscast/IF) from the specific Lore.

NO.    I've seen this said in many places and heard it many times in my local game store.

Because of this, I've seen it mis-used, where some people have misunderstood it to such a point, that they said all wizards know all spells from any lore, and can re-roll casting dice.

I do understand how this can have been misunderstood.

In ETK Wizards now know all the spells from their Lore, in effect the old Loremaster special rule, but it does not give them the Loremaster special rule.

It also says where a character or unit has special spell generation rules, they know all of the spells from each lore than can use any spell from.  So "Loremasters of Hoeth" as their existing rules mean they know either high magic, or all of the sig spells from the 8 wind lores, then it means tehy now know all of high and the 8 wind lore spells.

Nagash's rules meant because of his books he can pick spells from Light, Nehekharan, Vampiric, Death and Undeath, then under Khaine rules he knows all of those spells, something like 30 spells.  And even though he is level 5, he is not a Loremaster, so cannot re-roll casting dice for any of them.

Teclic knows all the high and 8 wind lores, but is not a loremaster

Lord Mazdaumnid, knows all of high and 8  wind lores, but he has a special rule meaning that the lore he knows spells from he is Loremaster of.   Under the BSB rules he could pick one lore, and then know all of the spells from that lore.  Under ETK because he can pick from 9 lores, he knows all of those 9, and because he knows them he is Loremaster of all of them and can re-roll his casting dice.

Notabliy it says re-roll all of the casting dice, not re-roll any of the casting dice

• Members
    • Attorney-at-RAW
    « Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 11:57:42 AM »
    Also from Khaine:

NO.    I've seen this said in many places and heard it many times in my local game store.

Rather than just concentrating on the part of the sentence you have put in bold, you may want to read the whole post.

Offline FVC

• Members
    « Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 12:41:20 PM »
    I was thinking about this the other day and wanted to summarize what the End Times adds from each book.  Please add anything I miss and I will update the original post.

I just did a similar list for the RToB, so maybe this will help:

Nagash:

Army lists: Undead Legions

Units: Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead (Undead Legions); Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night (Undead Legions); Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament (Undead Legions); Neferata, Mortarch of Blood (Undead Legions); Krell, Mortarch of Despair (Undead Legions); Vlad von Carstein, Mortarch of Shadow (Undead Legions); Morghasts (Undead Legions or Vampire Counts); Valten, Herald of Sigmar (Empire); Crom the Conqueror, Herald of the End Times (Warriors of Chaos)

New rules: Darkest Depths; Haunted Battlegrounds; Lore of Undeath; Armies of the End Times

Glottkin:

Army lists: Legions of Chaos

Units: The Glottkin (WoC or LoC); Orghotts Daemonspew (WoC or LoC); Bloab Rotspawned (WoC or LoC); Morbidex Twiceborn (WoC or LoC); Putrid Blightkings(WoC or LoC); Gutrot Spume (WoC or LoC); Festus Empowered (WoC or LoC); Karl Franz Ascendant (Empire)

New rules: Streets of Death; Chaos Ascendant

Khaine:

Army lists: Host of the Aestyrion; Host of the Phoenix King; Host of the Eternity King

Units: Malekith, the Phoenix King (HotPK); Malekith, the Eternity King (HotEK); Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine (Aestyrion); Imrik, Crown Prince of Caledor (HotPK or HotEK); Alarielle, Avatar of Isha (HotPK); Alarielle, Incarnate of Life (HotEK).

New rules: Magic of the End Times; Magical Lodestones

Thanquol:

Army lists: None.

Units: Thanquol and Boneripper (upgraded)(Skaven); Lord Skreech Verminking (Skaven); Verminlord Deceivers (Skaven); Verminlord Corrupters (Skaven); Verminlord Warbringers (Skaven); Verminlord Warpseers (Skaven); Stormfiends (Skaven); Ungrim, Incarnate of Fire (Dwarfs).

New rules: Realms of the Lizardmen

Archaon:

Army lists: The Grand Legion of the Everchosen

Units: Bloodthirsters of Unfettered Fury (DoC or LoC or GLotE); Bloodthirsters of Insensate Rage (DoC or LoC or GLotE); Bloodthirsters of the Wrath of Khorne (DoC or LoC or GLotE); Skarr Bloodwrath (WoC or LoC or GLotE); Skullreapers (WoC or LoC or GLotE); Wrathmongers (WoC or LoC or GLotE); Isabella the Accursed (DoC or GLotE); Balthasar Gelt, Incarnate of Metal (Empire); Tyrion, Incarnate of Light (HotEK); Grimgor, Incarnate of Beasts (Orcs and Goblins); Caradryan, Incarnate of Fire (HotEK); Archaon Everchosen (GLotE).

New rules: Armies of the End Times

Of the new rules, the relevant ones for most games are:

Lore of Undeath: All wizards can now take the Lore of Undeath.
    Armies of the End Times (Nagash): Character allowance raised to 50%.
    Chaos Ascendant: Daemons for all!
    Magic of the End Times: All wizards know all spells from their lores, lots more power dice, new super-spells for each lore.
    Armies of the End Times (Archaon): Ignore most army composition requirements.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
    « Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 03:42:23 PM »
    Also from Khaine:

Rather than just concentrating on the part of the sentence you have put in bold, you may want to read the whole post.

Sorry.  I did read it, and the rest of the sentence is correct.   But I was highlighting the All wizards are loremaster for emphasis, as that bit is the shortcut people are using for the changes, and that on it's own just isn't correct, and that I was trying to point out I've seen a lot of mistakes/misuse of that.  Mainly by people who had only seen rule change summaries online.

@FVC, the list of rules should probably also include the battlescroll formations from Thanquol and Archaon
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:44:44 PM by Oxycutor »

Offline carmaul

• Members
    « Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 05:33:29 PM »
    It looks like I have included a fair amount of your post in the initial two.  You obviously are more in depth (so I have put a link in the original post to go to your post here). 

Nagash
    New rules: Darkest Depths; Haunted Battlegrounds
    Glottkin:
    New rules: Streets of Death; Chaos Ascendant
    Khaine:
    New rules: Magical Lodestones
    Thanquol:
    New rules: Realms of the Lizardmen
    Chaos Ascendant: Daemons for all!

What do the above rules do?

Also,  Chaos Ascendant isn't Daemons for all, but lets you build armies with all three chaos armies.  And with added rules to give Chaos advantages. Or did I completely misread that part?