home

Author Topic: AoS Vampire Counts vs Warriors of Chaos  (Read 851 times)

Offline Discoking

• View Profile
AoS Vampire Counts vs Warriors of Chaos
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
Report from my thread over on the Tomb Kings forum :)

For this game we used the Clash of Swords pool choice system and we also ditched the sudden death rule but we each took assinate,blunt and sieze ground as secret objectives.if we achieved all 3 then it was a major victory.

We set up the table,john won the roll and I choose the right hand side.

John started and deployed 1st.

Chaos Army

Lord on Juggernaut (general)
Lord on Daemonic Mount
10 Khorne Warriors
10 Khorne Warriors
10 Khorne Knights
5   Khorne Knights
10 Khorne Chosen
5   Marauder Horsemen

Tzeentch Daemon Prince
2 tzeentch Scoreror Lords

He choose his Lord on Juggernaut,10 warriors(in ruined church) and the house in the centre as his objectives

Vampire army

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon (general)
Vlad Von Carstein
Isabella Von Carstein
Krell
Vampire Lord
15 Grave Guard - 2 handers
15 Grave Guard - sword and board
5   Bloodknights
5   Hexwraiths
3   Vargiests
1   Vargulf

I chose Vlad,Bloodknights and the wood in the centre as my objectives.
John elected to go 2nd

Battleround 1 - Vampire Counts

Hero phase - Mystic shield on Zombie Dragon,Vargulf and Grave Guard with shields

Movement - Wary of getting hit with 2 turns in a row I moved just a little forward and set up in cover where i could.Hexwraiths moved to my left flank.

Battleround 1 - Chaos

Hero phase - Mystic Shield on the Chosen and 2 Daemon Princes are summoned to the fight

Movement - Most of his army seek cover,his Marauders advance on my right flank

Shooting - 1 Vargiest dies to the Marauder shooting

Battleround 2 - Vampire Counts

Hero phase - Mystic Shield on the Dragon,Vargulf and Bloodknights.I fail to cast Soulblight on the Chosen which would have been -1 attack.

Movement - Dragon,Vargulf and Bloodknights advance on the centre woods. Hexwraiths move forward towards the church with the Grave Guard following.Over my right the Grave Guard move to charge the Marauders.

Charges - On my left the Hexwraiths charge the Scorceror Lord hiding in the church and lock down the warriors and the unit of 10 knights.In the centre my Dragon charges the Chosen,Bloodknights charge the Tzeentch DP and the Vargulf Charges the Lord on Juggernaut.On my right the Grave Guard charge the Marauders

Combat - The Hexwraiths only manage to do 2 wounds on the Scorceror and loose 2 models in return.

The Bloodknights just fall short of killing the Tzeentch DP hitting him for 7 wounds and loosing 1 in return.The Dragon kills 3 Chosen who put 7 wounds on the Dragon.The Vargulf only manages 1 on the Lord on Juggernaut and takes 3 wounds in return.(In hindsight I was a bit foolish to charge that wood with Mystic Shields and cover saves putting his dudes on a 2+)

On my right the Grave Guard wipe out the Marauders

Battleround 2 - Chaos

Hero phase - Mystic Shield on the Warriors in the church and on the Nurgle DP

Movement - The Khorne DP flys down rdy to charge the Grave Guard

his unit of 5 Knights move to charge the Bloodknights while his Tzeencth DP retreats

and the Nurgle DP moves out from cover to charge the Grave Guard

Charges - Khorne DP charges the Grave Guard.Knights charge the Bloodknights and the Nurgle DP charges the Grave Guard.

Combat - Nurgle DP kills 4 Grave Guard who do 1 wound back on him.

The Knights kill 2 Bloodknights,Dragon kills 2 chosen and the Lord on Juggernaut kills the Vargulf

The Hexwraiths kill the Scorceror Lord but loose another 2. The Khorne DP kills 4 Grave Guard and gets his ass kicked for his trouble

Battleround 3 - Chaos

Hero phase - He zaps a Bloodknight with Arcane Bolt leaving me with only the standard bearer left and freeing up the Chaos Knights to charge again.Chosen are befuddled in the woods :)

Movement - He retreats the Nurgle DP back to woods

Charges - Chaos Knights charge the lone Bloodknight while the Lord on Juggernaut charges my Dragon

Combat - My Bloodknight looks doomed but John chooses the Lord on Juggernaut to go 1st who does 1 wound to my Dragon iirc so I activate the Dragon and the Vampire attacks the Lord and puts 6 wounds on him then uses it's extra range on it's melee attacks to go for the Chaos Knights and inflicts a massive 15 wounds wiping the unit out and saving my lone Bloodknight who in turn kills a Chosen :)  In the church the last Hexwraith finally dies which frees up the Warriors,the 10 strong unit of Chaos Knights and his Lord on Daemonic Mount.

Battleround 3 -  Vampire Counts

Hero Phase -  Mystic Shield on the Dragon and Bloodknights.Bloodknights become befuddled.

Movement - I totally forgot to move....

Shooting - ...because I went staright to shooting and killed nothing with the Dragons breath.

Charging - Even tho I forgot to move I rolled some ace charge rolls and got the Grave Guard and Krell into combat with the Warriors holed up in the church with Krell blocking the hole in the wall to stop more piling in.Over on my right the Grave Guard charged the warriors in the wood.

Combat - Krell puts a couple of wounds on the Lord on Daemonic Mount and the Grave Guard kill some Warriors.Krell takes 2 wounds and I loose 7 Grave Guard. On my right I loose 5 Grave Guard to the Warriors and get myself out of Nurgle DP pile in range with casualty removal.Dragon kills the Lord on Juggernaut and John reveals I've done my assinate,Dragon kills 2 Chosen leaving 1 left on 1 wound.

Battleshock - I loose 3 more Grave Guard on my left and the last Chosen flees the battle

Battleround 4 - Chaos

Hero phase - Mystic Shield on the Warriors in the church

Movement - It becomes clear John chose the building in the center as his sieze ground but since I've wiped out everything in the middle he tries to run his Nurgle DP to try get within 3" rolls a 1 for his run and fails by an inch...ouch ;) The now free Chaos Knights move round to charge Krell and his Grave Guard.The Tzeentch DP stays put in the church to scared to go anywhere with only 1 wound left :)

Charges - Chaos Knights charge Krell and the Grave Guard

Combat - Krell survives the onslaught by the Lord,Knights and Warriors with 1 wound left while the Grave Guard roll some inspired save rolls and I only loose 1.On the right I loose 3 Grave Guard to the Warriors

Battleround 4 - Vampire Counts

Hero phase - Vlad and Isabella summon a Vargulf and 3 Vargiests,Mystic Shield on the Dragon and the Bloodknights who are now back up to 3 models.

Movement - I advance on my right flank to take out whats left holed up in the wood

On my right I advance with my Dragon and the Bloodknights go DP hunting.My vampire Lord moves into the woods to secure my 2nd objective.

Shooting - Pestilent Breath kills a Knight and wounds another

Charges - Everything that can charge makes their roll and does charge except the Bloodknights.

Combat - the Dragon shines again and kills 4 Knights,Krell is slain by the Lord on Daemonic Mount,the Grave Guard kill 1 more Knight and still manage to stay alive.On my right the combined might of 5 Vargiests and Vargulf and the remnants of the Grave Guard cut down the Nurgle DP and leave only 2 Warriors and the Scorceror standing.

Battleshock - 2 Knights run away

Battleround 5 - Vampire Counts

Not much to say here but John concedes after the combat phase after loosing the Lord on Daemonic Mount,the Knights and the Tzeentch DP.

Vampire Win!! :)

Offline Baron von Klatz

• warhammer> All other works of mankind
    • View Profile
Re: AoS Vampire Counts vs Warriors of Chaos
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 03:25:34 AM »
Great report, nice win on your part! :::cheers:::

Your dragon was certainly the MVP of that battle.

As for the DP being beat by the grave guard, well...it looks like.

(Puts on sunglasses) :icon_cool:

...He got boned.

...sorry, couldn't resist. :-P
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.