home

Author Topic: collectors army books how many were made?  (Read 599 times)

Offline wealdmaster

• View Profile
collectors army books how many were made?
« on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:54 PM »
I was reading last night in an old White Dwarf announcing the release of a special limited edition Wood Elf army book with leather, gilt, quality paper, embossing, not sure what else....  This got me wondering how many other special edition army books were ever produced?  Was there ever one made for the Empire? 

Online StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
    • View Profile
    • My wargaming blog
Re: collectors army books how many were made?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 09:48:06 AM »
Not sure, but I think this is the wrong subforum to ask, unless you also want to know about the special editions from AoS.

For AoS:
As far as I know a 1000 copies were made of Stormcast Eternal, Khorne Bloodbound and Seraphon Battletome's. Though it seems unclear if this is regional or global.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• View Profile
Re: collectors army books how many were made?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »
The AoS ones were worldwide.  I don't remember there being a Wood Elf one, but could have been, since it was the last ever WFB army book, and given the long, long wait for that one from it's predecessor, I doubt that was Ltd Ed.

There wasn't an Empire limited edition.  I would have bought it if there had been,