home

Author Topic: What are you watching- TV shows  (Read 6944 times)

Offline Xathrodox86

• He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
    • View Profile
    • It always rains in Nuln
Re: What are you watching- TV shows
« Reply #550 on: October 17, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
I'm really waiting for the season 3 of Daredevil. The previous two were very solid and fun.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
I watched Hilda with my kids and we all loved it, definitely gonna get some of the comics.

I just found out today that Hilda is voiced by Lyanna Mormont!

"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-mmg

• His Royal Highness
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 17, 2018, 01:23:13 AM »
I've been seeing a lot of "Goblin Slayer" on imgur and the memes got me interested. I signed up for crunchy roll (with ads) and watched the first 2 episodes. I was prepared for the brutality of the first episode (there's a rape scene and anytime a kidnapped girl is with a goblin rape is implied) thanks to the fair warnings from imgur. Its just straight up brutal violent too. I do find it interesting that the concept of the story comes from MMOs where an inexperienced party pulls too many adds and it destroys the party. The same sort of thing happens. Its also interesting just how many goblin extermination jobs there are and yet all the experienced adventures avoid goblin jobs since they see its beneath them. The only ones going after the goblins are the rookies (that usually end up dead or worse) and goblin slayer. Since no one is taking the goblin jobs, the goblins are becoming a real problem that no one wants to deal with. He's looked down on by the other veterans as his gear looks dirty and crappy but the first episode illustrates that its all practical and perfect for goblin slaying and fighting in tight caves. Goblin Slayer doesn't care though. He just wants to kill goblins. He's essentially DOOM guy but in a fantasy setting. Never removing his armor let alone helmet. Even his introduction moment has doom like music.  I'm only on episode 2 but from the memes on imgur I know that he also attracts a harem of women, but its a harem subversion (so far) as he's not interested or flustered by the women. He's only concerned about killing goblins and finding new ways to kill goblins. Also fair warning there is a bit of TnA to titillate viewers. Its very pandering at times, especially with Goblin Slayer's childhood friend that he stays with. Expect physics defying bounces. :roll:
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

• His Royal Highness
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 25, 2018, 04:17:53 AM »
Watching more goblin slayer.  It looks like Goblin Slayer was trained by Bilbo Baggins.  :eusa_clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OnFgqRaGR8

The next episode is called "There and Back Again" I am willing to bet we'll see more memories regarding the Burglar of Bag End

Admittedly he looks a bit goblin or rat like, but he's a halfling thief.

Offline zak

• Raging Viking
    • Zachary Moss
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 07, 2018, 08:16:53 PM »
Knight-fall on Netflix pretty cool.. a little history, rumor, and fiction, with a hint of the supernatural good so far.
"Fight your foes in the field, nor be burnt in your house!"

Offline Dihenydd

• Spare not the Lash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: December 10, 2018, 07:28:20 PM »
Just finished last season of Shetland.  Man, if you like the English small town murder industry mystery dramas, this is a great show for you.

My love of the English small town murder mysteries has left me reluctant to visit again.  Chances are nearly 100% I would be the victim OR discoverer of a dead body if I ever go to a village ever again.

Although, those are the same odds I would be the victim of a serial killer in the US.  If TV drama is anything to go by, everyone is either a Serial Killer, a victim being stalked, a victim who survived or a emotionally abused Special Victim Crime Special Scene Investigator Consultant Special Unit officer hunting them down.  Oh, or a retired SVCSSICSO who is embittered/hunted/become a hunter/blackmailed.  Really don't like those odds.

I will stay in Canada.  Although the number of Moose attacks is on the increase.

Anyways, Shetland, Good, Well Acted, Not going to Visit.
Blah

Offline Finlay

• C'mon Son
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 11, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
Just finished last season of Shetland.  Man, if you like the English small town murder industry mystery dramas, this is a great show for you.

My love of the English small town murder mysteries has left me reluctant to visit again.  Chances are nearly 100% I would be the victim OR discoverer of a dead body if I ever go to a village ever again.

Although, those are the same odds I would be the victim of a serial killer in the US.  If TV drama is anything to go by, everyone is either a Serial Killer, a victim being stalked, a victim who survived or a emotionally abused Special Victim Crime Special Scene Investigator Consultant Special Unit officer hunting them down.  Oh, or a retired SVCSSICSO who is embittered/hunted/become a hunter/blackmailed.  Really don't like those odds.

I will stay in Canada.  Although the number of Moose attacks is on the increase.

Anyways, Shetland, Good, Well Acted, Not going to Visit.

triggered
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.