home

Author Topic: Kings of War 2nd Edition Published ...  (Read 673 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
    • View Profile
Kings of War 2nd Edition Published ...
« on: March 02, 2016, 12:59:01 AM »
Just seeing that Kings of War 2nd Edition is out, along with a supplement called "Kings of War Uncharted Empires" which has 9 new armies published in it.

Does anyone have an idea on how the 2nd edition stands is different from the 1st?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:01:20 AM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of War 2nd Edition Published ...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »
I presume you have the 1st ed? Why not check the 2nd ed by yourself? LINK to free rules PDF

The free rules lack the magic items, but these can be found in the web with decent fu.

The 2nd ed comes with many more armies and more variation. People also say it's better balanced (after a campaign of test games with test rules), but as I didn't play the 1st ed, I don't know.

10 of the new armies have a freely downloadable army book, with one or two units and all the fluff cut off: LINK

Rumour has it that there will be a tournament comp this spring.

-Z
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:30:52 AM by Zygmund »
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Ursa Doom

• From northern Sweden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 08:06:56 AM »
I think they removed rules for command units in regiments because it just ended up being something that everyone picked by default.

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:41:42 PM »
I presume you have the 1st ed? Why not check the 2nd ed by yourself? LINK to free rules PDF

The free rules lack the magic items, but these can be found in the web with decent fu.

The 2nd ed comes with many more armies and more variation. People also say it's better balanced (after a campaign of test games with test rules), but as I didn't play the 1st ed, I don't know.

10 of the new armies have a freely downloadable army book, with one or two units and all the fluff cut off: LINK

Rumour has it that there will be a tournament comp this spring.
I don't own either.  The link to the rules provided doesn't say 2nd edition, yet then again maybe the question about me checking 2nd edition and the link aren't really linked? And then couching those questions at the top with the info provided is an improvement. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• intres cum fixura sine misericordia
    • View Profile
    • Mattiknifes blog
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »
The rules on the site are 2nd ed.

I own both the Gamer edition of the 2nd ed rules and now the Uncharted Empires covering 9 new races, some inspired by discontinued fantasy armies from other companies.

But it is not just that, two armies are wholly new and among them... Fishmen.  :engel:

Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!