home

Author Topic: Warhammer II (Total War)  (Read 1755 times)

Offline S.O.F

Re: Warhammer II (Total War)
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2020, 10:48:59 AM »
Can't say I'm too keen on Imirk's starting location. I get that they are trying to make other armies face each other more on the Mortal Empires map but meh.

On the other race notes, I thought Kislev was one of the certain ones for Warhammer 3? Also Dogs of War really need to be in the game not in the GW 5th edition way but more along my old unofficial army book from the 6th, where it is a catch all term to cover the armies of the southern Old World. Estalia, Tilea, and the Border Princes need a real rework to not just make them extra Empire factions with poor number of regions. Doesn't do all that much for Skavenblight starts really. I mean Legendary Lords Borgio with the Miragiliano faction, Lupo for a Luccini faction, and make up a third for Estalia and it becomes a whole lot more interesting. Hell you wouldn't even need to do the Estalia bit, moving Pizzaro up from a Hero to Lord and plop him in the New World where they already use the legions flag.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2020, 02:26:43 PM »
I'm okay with Imrik's starting location because Ulthuan is a bit crowded. In ME its just Tyrion and Alladriel and they spread everyone else around the map (Alith Anar in Naggarond, Teclis in Lustria, Eltherion in the Waste Lands, Imrik in the far east in the Plains of Bones). In Vortex campaign they put Eltharion in Ulthuan rubbing up against Tyrion. Plus after like turn 20 Imrik can confederate Caledor on Ulthuan.

To be fair, they haven't announced/shown anything official yet for WH3 so its all speculation based on what was on tabletop. So they are possible. CA could create a "Nations of Men" faction where you can play as non-empire humans which would include literally everyone you posted about S.O.F. I just hope CA considers it. There are some great Mods for WH2 that do add legendary playable Lords for Estalia and a few others and they have had a lot of care put into them.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1158737832
"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-

Offline PhillyT

• The Old Ones
  • Watching... always watching...
    • https://www.facebook.com/philip.estabrook.1
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »
I just dumped $2200 into a new gaming rig so I will be picking up TW II immediately.  Looking forward to it!
Where did she touch you Eight? Show us on the doll.

Offline S.O.F

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2020, 05:23:16 PM »
I forgot to mention they also already have a mercenary mechanic for Bandit styled factions in Three Kingdoms that would fit perfectly with a Dogs of War introduction.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan