home

Author Topic: Kitbashing Greatswords with Dwarves  (Read 855 times)

Offline BuzzsawB

• View Profile
Kitbashing Greatswords with Dwarves
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
Hello,

Sorry if this is all rather hypothetical, just trying to get some thoughts on an idea. I've recently decided I might start collecting again and I thought that a small 500 point list of mostly Greatswords and Handgunners would be a good way to start.

I took some inspiration from this blog, particularly the handgunners: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/04/converting-your-own-free-city-oct-4gw-homepage-post-3/

So my question is whether or not you think its possible to effectively kitbash the arms of Dwarvern kits, namely those of the Longbeard/Hammerer and Irondrake/IronBreaker variety onto Greatswords whilst still maintaining the sword? I'm thinking what I might do for some models is use the majority of the dwarf arm but swap out the fist for that of the Greatsword.

I mean I'm sure its all possible, but I'm afraid without actually doing any measurements that the proportions might be off.

The main purpose in my view is to add more armor to the troops and reduce the puffyness which I'm not particularly huge on.

Anyway its a fair ramble, but I'm just wondering whether anyone has ever tried anything like this or has any more general experience with the kits.

Offline BuzzsawB

• View Profile
Re: Kitbashing Greatswords with Dwarves
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »
Decided instead that I'll likely go with the Arkanaut Company of the Kharadrin Overlords instead, make the dual wielding 'count as' a great weapon, I mean Greatswords do have two attacks? Makes perfect sense.

My next question is whether I'd get much grief regarding this artistic representation of the main weapon of the unit, have you seen others try it?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 08:47:06 PM by BuzzsawB »

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• The Crazy Anarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
Well, I suppose you could go with free companies/free guild militia. Lots of plain arms in there.
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline BuzzsawB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
Indeed, I was quite considering using them to create some Guard units before finding out that they have in fact been removed from circulation. Obviously I can still go via Ebay but I assume with their main supply gone their price will be slightly higher than I'd like.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• The Crazy Anarchist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »
You could also try Bret M@A. But again same problem.

Also is is the arms or legs you don't like? It it's the legs, you could just use state troopers.
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline carturello

• Tilean soldier, at your service.
    • View Profile
    • Carturello Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 07:52:18 PM »
Lately I have learned to appreciate AoS, good models, very suitable for playing with Stormcast. I think painting is very good.