home

Author Topic: Bots  (Read 5684 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Bots
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »
Here is another example: JainJude.

Rather lovely. Drink is essential for soldiers about to enter battle, and I should think especially so in a fantasy world with monsters and undead on the other side!Cannabis oil cartridge vaporizer

So I just got the Bones kickstarter and I want to have an army with as many giants as possible. When I try to make a list in easy army it wont let me view a list with 6 giants in it im a pdf view even tho it allows me to add them to the list (i have plenty of regiments unlocking the monster slots) it states "list not valid. you have too many multiples of H/M/W

Is there a rule saying i can only include so many of the same unit entry in a list? I cant find it in the main rule book?xvideos xnxx xxx
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2019, 07:51:14 AM »
here we go again... from AlrinLom
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline GamesPoet

• Spring is here! : )
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2020, 02:49:10 AM »
Dudes ... time to deep six this robot ... Micbealideap ... he's been beebopping around posting ad after ad.  Time to exterminate!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2020, 08:26:53 AM »
Here is what I suspect to be a bot-test:

Patsy, this unit looks fantastic. I love your use of different shields, painted uniquely but still working very well together. They way your new and old spearmen work together is very admirable. Great job.

I have one gaming question, how many spearmen do you count the unit as on the battlefield? 5x4? as 20? Or does the second to last row include less guys? (I think I count only three spearmen in that row).
I'm new to Warhammer so am unsure of how to count units that include scenery and the longer bases.

The original post is from our own website in 2009: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=31791.msg467105#msg467105
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2020, 09:13:36 AM »
Here is another one:

Played my first KoW game this summer and was pleasantly suprised.

Like Mid I have sort of had a small rule set addicition but I have not played much. Me and my girl are busy moving together so we have not had the time to start out playing Frostgrave yet. mywegmansconnect

I really would like to find someone who wanted to play Dux Bellorum with, or Broken Legions.

But KoW looks really good. Will start forming an all new force of Empire for it.

I stopped playing WH is because  my most frequent opponent ie. 90% of games, lives 200 yards down the road and we always have fun games, fell out of love with the game when 8th ed came out (?)  or whichever one changed the charge distance rules.  He plays or used to play Bretonnians and he reckoned, understandably that the Bretonnians were not overly powerful and having one of the  best charge ranges in the game was correct, after all the vast majority of his force was mounted.

The original post is from 2017: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52349.msg1019505#msg1019505

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2020, 10:42:43 AM »
So they are going back into the threads and copying and using posts.  That's nuts.  Good catch Fidelis. :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2020, 11:55:47 AM »
Since there are no spam/nefarious links included, I suppose they are part of a bot-improvement test. There seems to be an evolution, as the bots are being adapted to specific websites. Initially, their posts were linked Warhammer Fantasy, but based on what is trending, i.e. primarily Warhammer Total War. Then, they started to copy and paste old WFB posts from other websites, and, in their latest phase, from our own WE website.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:07:18 PM by Fidelis von Sigmaringen »

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2020, 12:09:48 PM »
Oh, I just noticed: the Sonwitch post does have a link, inserted into the post of Mathi it pretends to be answering.

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:33 PM »
Bots need to be eliminated.  Some day these things will be deemed illegal, or at least there will be ways of dealing with them better than constantly plugging the dam.  They are so freaking rude, and the people who create them are really the rude and disrepectful ones, and I am putting it mildly.

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2020, 05:41:06 PM »
Time to dump SamuelAffog and PatrickIcest ... a bit of incest and a fog that needs to be eliminated.

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
Those two schmucks are really cranking out the threads! :icon_eek: :icon_rolleyes: :eusa_wall:

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2020, 11:01:11 PM »
Whoever invented these bots ... they need to be shot.  Not really, but I'm sure ya get the point.  There's a freaking world heath issue going on, and these things keep coming in here and polluting the site.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2020, 11:06:47 PM »
Whoever invented these bots ... they need to be shot.  Not really

Yes, really. They need to be shot. 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2020, 08:04:03 AM »
We are under attack again. As I pointed out before, the 60" wait is a real nuisance, if you have to deal with multiple spams. Is there a point to the waiting time? Cannot we at least reduce it?

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
if it is reduced for us, it might be reduced for them.

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2020, 10:32:10 AM »
I am not aware that the bots would be reporting posts to the moderators. 

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2020, 10:49:38 AM »
I'd be shocked if you were. :icon_lol:

Could be mistaken, just wouldn't want a change in one thing to permit bots to increase the speed at which they do their rude activities. :icon_cool:

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2020, 12:41:52 PM »
I suspect that borisoff_kolia will post spam in the near future.

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2020, 01:03:28 PM »
I had a look at the members' list - some massive pruning seems in order. Of those that joined the last month(s) the vast majority are bots.

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2020, 01:11:55 PM »
Pruning the Bots ... that's putting it politely, but I like the sound of it! :::cheers:::

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2020, 01:26:20 PM »
Midaski used the term first. As our prime botanist, he should have a beer on Midaski's tab...

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »
I think there is a standard 14 day 'timer' that should kick in if new members do not respond to their verification email and I can adjust that timer temporarily and I have had some goes at 'pruning' - I knocked a few thousand "zero posters" off the list over a couple of mornings, but it is a protracted battle which I really don't need to be doing.

I have pondered whether the http v https makes a difference, but doubt it.

The other way would be to enforce Mod approval before membership is granted, but we did that a few years ago, and all the old Mods suddenly got loads of emails.
Not sure if we could limit it to just Admins, or even maybe a couple of Admins - our problem is we don't have a tech guy who understands the software fully, or even vaguely as in my case.
I had to experiment carefully to find out how to do certain things, and I still fear making the whole thing 'crash'.

I don't understand what the Bots get out of it?
Are they paid by number of posts?
Are they paid by hits on their links?

I try to react quickly and even catch some of them as they are logging in, and send them to bansville before they get their post in - you would think that if we don't give them any 'hits' they would move on to greener pastures.

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2020, 03:40:32 PM »
Maybe they see warhammer-empire as a challenge? Keep up the good work!

Offline GamesPoet

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2020, 04:24:41 PM »
If I ever get to meet Midaski, a drink will be bought for him by me in appreciation of his efforts here. :::cheers:::

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2020, 11:50:07 AM »
Almost 30 new members have registered just today (with half a day to go) - all bots. Pruning seems to be a labour of Sisyphus, indeed. Obviously, those bots are spawns of male toxicity, since they seem to be all male. I remember the male-female ratio of W-E to be around 13:1 some years ago. A couple of days ago it was 104:1. Midaski seems to have done some pruning, and it now stands at 75:1.