home

Author Topic: Dragon Rampant  (Read 976 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
Re: Dragon Rampant
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 12:02:18 AM »
Thanks GP!
Love the northerners. Unfortunately I won’t be in a state to buy until December or January if all goes well.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Il Condottiero

• Crying Havoc since 1992!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2018, 11:01:41 PM »
Outstanding work!

Say, where could I read some more about these Matoreans? I was about to denounce thee a heretic and a consort to daemons before thinking that could be a misunderstanding and you don't meant to field them together *at the same side*... right? XD
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2018, 01:04:18 AM »
HA!👆 thank you very much!
Not heretical thankfully 😸
I was putting them together as foes.  I planned to get the ral partha shaman an leader trolls plus another stone thrower to fill out that unit and all those spare tzeentch Deamons left over from my deamon army. I have a bunch of empire knights as well.  Getting stoked again to get this on the road after getting so close.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline GamesPoet

• Merry Christmas! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2018, 01:22:28 AM »
Matorea is a town in the Border Princes.

I've been using it as the port where my Olde World fluff family with the last name of Mardonia bases their fleet of ships from that I've had in various on-line campaigns.  There is some fluff regarding some of the Mardonia family as part of this thread ...

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=52632.0\

Currently to represent them on the table top, I have a unit of swordsmen, and a unit of handgunners, and they dress in blue and orange.

There is also some limited mention of Matorea on MadAlfred's site, along with a good bit of info on the Border Princes as a whole.

Artoban has taken the place name into the world of Dragon Rampant and/or AoS.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:15:52 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Il Condottiero

• Crying Havoc since 1992!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2018, 01:59:50 PM »
Ah, very nice!

I mean, I've been through some Border Princes material and the name hadn't rung any bells to me, but what a nice little thing to do.

Back when I was still doing Chaos Dwarfs I did the same with Zharr Naggrund - if the Lizardmen can fly off their pyramids, why couldn't the Chaos Dwarfs, through Shadow magic, snatch their own ziggurats away? :) Standing between the Realms of Fire and Shadow, there stood mighty Zaramuskharaz' Citadel. It was a nice way to keep up with my favorite OCs into the new setting, although I am more unto Ogres and Chaos Mortals there days over there.

Painting Orange can be tricky, in my experience. They are looking pretty great, Artoban!

My current Dragon Rampant foes are Chaos Warriors lead by Crom the Conqueror, as well as pals' Perry Plastics XVth century fiefdoms and some other Imperials as well. XD
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!