home

Author Topic: Fantasy Tribes Orcs Project (now definitely Brown!)  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
    • Warhammer Empire (at The Herdstone)
Re: Fantasy Tribes Orcs Project (now definitely Brown!)
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
Army list, anyone?

Using the Orcs and Goblins list from Warhammer Armies (I guess this is 3rd Ed?). Will be dumping the cartoon terminology for something "classier", and I plan to copy 023s lovely army list entries eventually.

Painted:

Orc Hero (Level 5) – Great Weapon, Heavy Armour                                                 38 points
18 Orc “Boyz”    – Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Shield   Standard Bearer, Musician   170 points
10 Orc “Arrer Boyz” – Bow, Hand Weapon, Light Armour                                           95 points
10 Orc “Arrer Boyz” – Crossbow, Hand Weapon, Light Armour                                  115 points
3 Trolls       - Hand Weapon                                                                                   195 points
                                                                                                                         (613 points)   
Assembled: 

10 Orc “Arrer Boyz” – Bow, Hand Weapon, Light Armour                                           95 points
16 Orc “Big Uns” - Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield   Standard Bearer, Musician   207 points
5 Trolls      - Hand Weapon                                                                                     325 points
                                                                                                                           (627 points)

Errrm, what's the "normal" size for a 3rd Ed army? Because that's 1250 points already and you *know* I've hardly started...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:42:10 PM by Shadespyre »

Offline orcyboy

• View Profile
    • Old Orcs Never Die...
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
Warhammer Armies 3rd edition recommended 3000 pt armies.

Offline Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:06 PM »
I like the trolls' black eyes ... but as for the other 'bits' ...  :icon_redface:
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2018, 11:26:13 PM »
Yup, now you know why they cause Fear! And maybe what they're up to when they fail Stupidity...  :icon_eek:

3000 points eh? I should do some forward planning. Got some big ticket items and some weird stuff to fit in, too.

Offline Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2018, 11:45:13 PM »
... and some weird stuff to fit in, too.

You're fitting what in where now? Considering what you've already shown us, you have me worried!
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »
Hmmm, well, that would be telling...  :icon_eek:

More Orcs for now... counts as "Big Uns"

Adding command to these units (remember, that wasn't a thing at one point) has made them funny sizes, so I may need to get a few more off ebay to tidy them up, later.

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2019, 10:48:27 PM »
Well done on the trolls! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2019, 01:06:08 PM »
Thanks, the rest of the troll tribe coming soon. Including mummy troll, baby troll, troll actually wearing shorts and umm kinky whip troll I'M SORRY OKAY!? :icon_eek:

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »
The rest of the Troll Tribe. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Offline orcyboy

• View Profile
    • Old Orcs Never Die...
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 10:26:10 PM »
Those trolls are awesome! I am a little disturbed by the whip fella's belt buckle though, Tom Meier's early work can sure be... cheeky.

Thanks, the rest of the troll tribe coming soon. Including mummy troll, baby troll, troll actually wearing shorts and umm kinky whip troll I'M SORRY OKAY!? :icon_eek:

For some reason I now have that baby shark song stuck in my head now.

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 09:47:47 AM »
I spared you the close up.  :icon_eek:

To be honest it gets worse the more you think about it. Why is the troll dressed like that? Many of the trolls aren't bothered with clothes. Is it his choice? Did someone dress him that way? and who conceived of this outfit, let alone manufactured it? Surely that's not troll workmanship?

The inescapable conclusion from this mini is that someone, some non-Troll, woke up one morning and thought, "What the world needs is more sexy trolls in bondage gear!" and set the wheels in motion...

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 12:13:29 PM »
Ha! I would be a little more concerned about the troll 2 to the left. I think you can get arrested for that sort of stuff 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

Offline Shadespyre

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2019, 06:33:21 PM »
You mean the one with the sack full of legs, or the one carrying the naked human lady around by her hair (another scenario which I don't think the sculptor thought through? Maybe I should email Tom and ask him!)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »
You mean the one with the sack full of legs, or the one carrying the naked human lady around by her hair (another scenario which I don't think the sculptor thought through? Maybe I should email Tom and ask him!)

Even crazier! This lot is not up to today’s code lol 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!