home

Author Topic: Getting some fantasy terrain done at last....  (Read 4538 times)

Offline KTG17

Re: Getting some fantasy terrain done at last....
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2019, 03:20:11 PM »
I WISH I HAD THIS LEVEL OF CONCENTRATION!

I need to see everything you've made, on the gaming board at once. With a few minis running around.

Offline The Black Knight

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2019, 09:04:08 PM »
Thanks a lot mate! Heh I get as distracted as anyone, I wanted to have this all done by last February (LOL).

I need to see everything you've made, on the gaming board at once. With a few minis running around.

You and me both! Luckily I've just finally ordered a gaming mat, so I hope I will be able to make this a reality soon  :icon_biggrin:
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline The Black Knight

« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2020, 03:28:37 PM »
So my mat has finally arrived, huzzah!

I've ordered it from a Polish company Playmaty.pl taking advantage of the Blackfriday discount they offered. The quality is very good, although the print I've selected is a bit too stark perhaps. Maybe I just need to get used to it. So far I have run one game on it and it was much better experience than using my old grass rug from GW.

I don't have enough terrain to fill it out yet for fantasy purposes, but I did make this little mockup picture for you guys to see how is it looking together with the minis and terrain.

The flocks I've been using are a bit of a different shade of green, than what the mat is sporting which irks me a bit. I might adjust my flocking method from now on  :-P.

Overall pretty happy and moblized to get this project running again. Work has started on the rocky hills, so I hope I will have something to show to you all soon.
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log