home

Author Topic: My Dogs of War - And other army projects  (Read 494 times)

Online GamesPoet

• Happy New Year! : )
    • View Profile
Re: My Dogs of War - And other army projects
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 06:31:35 PM »
Another good song choice!

Yep, there seems to be little much available from the campaign any longer.  Even the Animosity stuff is mostly gone.

All we can rely on are players who were involved and saved their own personal fluff, which I have with perhaps 80% of mine.  Believe I have copies of my personal T&G fluff pieces, probably Marienburg pieces, and most of my fluff from A3 thru A6 (Araby, Cathay, Estalia, Northern Wastes).
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Il Condottiero

• Crying Havoc since 1992!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »
Aw, man. I used to love the Animosity campaigns.  I do know that they relaunched the site and attempted to get some events done in Narrative Campaigning for Age of Sigmar. I seem to get updates on the guys running X-Wing events too.

I recall playing in the 'Purple' Dragon Order with the rest of us mercenaries during A4. I loved how that campaign had worked, I do recall the collapse of the Chaos Dwarf / Skaven alliance, seemingly because they had too few players to compete with properly with the posting results of all other factions. I recall the Hobgoblah Khan was a really amusing characted to interact with, and of the Great Migration ogres and the 'Alexander'-like faction of expeditionaires.

I've also participated in the Estalian campaign, with the Muros faction, trying to make it into a Portugal-like kingdom on the flank of the peninsula by campaigning southwards. Unfortunately at that time WFB was on its slow decline here locally and eventually I lost interest.

I'm tackling the basing of the figures you can see here today, and hopefully I'll have a number of other pieces to bring up here - some Mordheim warbands I've done in the last weeks and a Chaos Warriors army I did in the last month, which should work as suitable, dreadful foes for these mercenaries!

I mostly see my Dogs of War force as ambitious but not quite villainous characters - but for Lietpold the Black and his cronies. Now that is an evil one, Mr. Grinch. There was someone who mentioned to me that he thought of Lietpold as a rather sinister character, like a Gilles de Rais or even more appropriatelly an Ezzelino da Romano, courting fel powers. I'd even amused myself thinking that his implied dark master could be 'THE' Mordheim Dark Master.

Hindsight is a bitch - I had never really thought about saving whatever I've written and/or posted. Eh, not much to do now. I should try recover anything from Anymosity through the WebArchive tool.
Seeee todo este ouro... for MEU!

Online GamesPoet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 06:55:07 PM »
If you find any, post it!  And if not, maybe write new fluff from what you can recall.  Like a say a piece of aftermath fluff where a character recalls the info from the old, working it into the new, or some such.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Il Condottiero

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 08:59:16 PM »
Working on the basing of all those fine gentlemen I had posted so far!

In the meanwhile, let the show you guys some more things - Mordheim, this time. And all neatly done, ready, and based!  :happy:

A little rarities first - Ulli & Marquand!

I've always been into their comics, and I know how hard it is to come by them on Mordheim. With the LOTR SBG boom earlier, I've traded in a big Haradrim army with some lesser lots by these guys, as well as the following warbands except for the dwarves.

Marienburger Mercenaries!

Witch Hunters!

Including a number of Hired Swords - like the Freelancer Knight and the Bounty Hunter, who I converted to look like Brunner.

Oldhammer Imperial Dwarves!

The Exiles of Karak Ungol.

Offline Il Condottiero

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 01:47:32 AM »
Gold and Glory!

Basing done on these fellows. I took the photo now at night and the filter made it look like a 90s White Dwarf article picture!

Wew. That was a lot of work.

Offline Rowsdower

• Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »
Great job

Online GamesPoet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2018, 01:16:29 PM »
Looking very good! :icon_cool: :eusa_clap: