home

Author Topic: Is Fantasy Back - Everything comes round again. Even squares  (Read 645 times)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
Re: Is Fantasy Back - Everything comes round again. Even squares
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2019, 11:42:24 PM »
I've actually seen a fair bit of gossip pointing out that GW has been really experimenting with movement trays. In 40k apoc, the LotR games, etc. I think it could be very possible to make models that rank up, even if its not quite as tight a rank as it use to be.

Online Artobans Ghost

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 12:00:36 AM »
I've actually seen a fair bit of gossip pointing out that GW has been really experimenting with movement trays. In 40k apoc, the LotR games, etc. I think it could be very possible to make models that rank up, even if its not quite as tight a rank as it use to be.

I would like this. I still have a complete tzeentch army, high elf and an entire empire army still in WFB mode. I think Iíll just shelve these for a few more years. The  night gobbo army will be transformed to gloomspite however. Lots of work and lots to look forward to so I just need to finish the damn room and Iím good to go forever.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Qrab

• Link
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2019, 04:00:49 AM »

People have been using movement trays in 40K Apocalypse & LotR games because the games would take 2-3 times longer without them. The same is true for AoS games Iíve observed. Movement trays are a necessity in all of these games because although they use  ostensibly skirmish rules, the size of the armies in standard games is too large to be skirmish games. I expect it to be the same with whatever game results from this announcement.

Offline Loran

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2019, 07:50:08 AM »
Love the news, even if they are very premature as to the mentioned timeline of "some years"! This was the nudge that got me to visit the site once again, just to see how many were hyped about the news :icon_biggrin: Great to see that I'm not the only one  :icon_wink: :eusa_clap:

And as I've not really had the time for even a small game in a couple of years, I'm more excited about the possibility of new models than the possible rules. I know that the old gaming group has woken up with the announcement so maybe we'll start playing again... We'll see...
Middenheim marches to war, albeit slowly:
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=41827

<+Hyarion> "Loran may cause addiction to mindless online games"

Offline Syn Ace

• Misinterpreting GW rules since 1991
« Reply #54 on: Today at 07:48:03 AM »
Be interesting to see what they do with this. I imagine we'll get streamlined rules a la 40K and Sigmar and probably fewer models in an army so people aren't turned away by the cost to buy in (goodbye Horde units). Plus, if it takes fewer miniatures they'll hope for people to buy GW figs instead of a competitor's. I also wonder if they'll change the style of armor and clothes away from the Renaissance to something more fantastical.
Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounding yourself with assholes.

ó William Gibson

Online wissenlander

• The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #55 on: Today at 11:50:55 AM »
I am most hopeful for what this will do for the forum :happy:

That was actually my first thought.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...