home

Author Topic: Dinner!  (Read 6906 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
Re: Dinner!
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2020, 12:41:10 AM »
Yes, it is a red wine grape grown in California primarily.  It is a clone of the Croatian grape called Crljenak.  The Italian grape called Primitivo is also a clone of Crljenak.  In Croatia, Zinfandel is called Tribidrag, and it has been around since the 15th century.

And Zinfandel isn't to be confused with the so called White Zinfandel, the latter which is a semi-sweet blush style wine.  These can be quite good in the correct vinter's development, but somwhere along the line White Zinfandel became a wine that is mass produced and sold at somewhere around 5 to 6 times as often as regular Red Zinfandel.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
Re: Dinner!
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2020, 01:42:57 AM »
Tonight ... Parsana's Sicilian Gravy with ground beef mixed in, served on a bed of Colavita's radiators #69, and a salad of baby agrula, red mustard leaf, lettuce, mizuno, and cress on the side. :icon_cool: :icon_biggrin:

The only thing missing was some red wine, which I decided not to open up a bottle this weekend, since I have a another day of clearing out the hobby storage unit on Sunday.  Need to be up early, and wouldn't want yummy wine getting in the way of that in the morning.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb