home

Author Topic: Uploading Photos?  (Read 101 times)

Online GamesPoet

• Happy Summer! : )
Uploading Photos?
« on: September 07, 2019, 05:34:13 PM »
Folks ... what are the ways to upload photos to this site?

At one time I used photo bucket, but I hear tell it costs money to store them there.

What else can and are folks doing :icon_question:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Uploading Photos?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 09:22:42 PM »
I used to use photobucket too, but I have switched to imgur.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 12:29:05 AM »
I go back and forth between imgur, flickr and photobucket still.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 06:23:46 AM »
imgur and i stay away from photobucket.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Padre

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 11:17:38 AM »
Imgur. Photobucket keep asking for money, meanwhile watermarking all the pictures until I pay. Yesterday an email from them threatening to defocus all the pics unless I paid. But even though they have lowered the price they demanded originally, but because of their past bad behaviour I can't trust them not to mess me about royally in future, so I won't pay. Besides, I am now paying instead for my bigsmallworlds website which I set up when Photobucket played silly buggers a year or so ago.
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 11:37:30 AM »
I like Wordpress. You can blog, media, etc. No cost.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Online GamesPoet

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 12:10:41 PM »
Does imgur and flickr charge for posting :icon_question:

With all the brew-ha around photobucket (my photos still seem to be there without having been charged or sent an email) I don't upload photos there currently.  Although I'm concerned about these other sites deciding they want us to pay as well.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:14:23 PM by GamesPoet »

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Online GamesPoet

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:51 PM »
I like Wordpress. You can blog, media, etc. No cost.
My understanding is that Wordpress is software, correct :icon_question:

I have a website that hasn't been turned on for the rest of the world to see yet.  If I recall it is based off of Wordpress, although I bought it through a different outfit a couple years back.  It started with my "100 Days of Painting" effort, but I didn't keep it up even though I did finish the 100 days in a row of painting.  I'd like to give that a go again, maybe next year, although I digress.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
Yes!👆 it comes in an app on the phone. Pretty sure it can be accessed on computer as well as it has an address.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
Does imgur and flickr charge for posting :icon_question:

With all the brew-ha around photobucket (my photos still seem to be there without having been charged or sent an email) I don't upload photos there currently.  Although I'm concerned about these other sites deciding they want us to pay as well.

At the moment no, but who knows what the future holds. My suggestion would be imgur. It's probably the most user friendly, and seems to get the most use from folks here.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 01:51:57 AM »
I use imgur since the photobucket situation.

I also have a website i am building - though paused now since mario maker 2 came out. Was using Wix for that.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Always learning
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 06:34:17 AM »
Wordpress is both a software to create blogs and a website to host your blogs/website (which could work to host images too).
One is .org and the other .com (i think)

Nevertheless, I do not think thats the way you want to go. I would recommend again imgur free and easy. No need to make an account, but also always keep a copy. I know a lot of people did lose or felt blackmailed when their photos/images were taken by photobucket.

I cant really find a good justification to use photobucket apart from being lazy (which in some cases is good enough). They used to have a tool to download or your images but now I think you can do a few at the time or have to pay.

Other option is create dropbox accounts and with free extras for getting people to join you can get 1T I think. Not much but enough to move stuff around.  If you need a referral link let me know.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau