home

Author Topic: My own post End-Times new world...  (Read 7706 times)

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
My own post End-Times new world...
« on: September 09, 2019, 02:06:59 PM »
Hi there.

I've been lurking for some time, and now I've got something to say (rather, something to ask. For now).

For the last year or so, my flatmate and I have been imagining a post-End Times Warhammer world. I'm probably not the only one, but I haven't seen any attempts made seriously. It picks elements from AoS (I liked the bubbles of reality where magic makes things go crazy, for example. I condensed it into whirls or nexus of specific Winds of magic). Ulthuan is sunk but the New World is open game for all kinds of new civilizations. Alexander the Great, but from Ind. Lionhead beastmen (digimon inspired, yes...) in the Southlands. There is a threeway civil war in Bretonnia between the Leper King, the Fey Enchantress and the vampire bastard Mallobaude. There are trader clansmen in Albion (think Skellige from the Witcher, those were great concepts).

And the Empire is split into three again. The North is Poland-Lithuania, the West is Austria-Hungary with a splinkle of late Medieval France, and the South is basically steampunk Prussia. What I'm looking for are models to portray the three main claimants to the Throne of Sigmar.

If you had to get a model for an Imperial general that's obviously not any existing Imperial general (Karl Franz and his replacement are very nice, but I've used them already. The Imperial General box is no longer available), where would you go?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 12:28:44 PM by Warlord »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Imperial General miniature options.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:40:31 PM »
I'd like to see and read more about how this develops.  Got so many of my own, that I wouldn't want to take up one like this too, although it seems like an interesting concepts and could make for a long term project.

Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 05:49:23 PM »
Thanks, I do have some material I can share. This is an unfinished map of Lustria's discovery and colonisation done during the three centuries after the Sundering of the Elven-home:

The shards of Morrslieb hit Lustria and created massive earthquakes all over the world. The shape of the continents (some continents...) was changed, they swirled around over the mantle. The portolan lines are actually some sort of geomantic web on steroids, creating whirls of magic in specific places. This allows for the creation of some cool things, like a real Fountain of Youth that this new age Conquistadors can search for.

This is a simplified map of the Old World, the year is 2822.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:18:25 PM by Cèsar de Quart »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
I was peering over the maps and found many of the names to be entertaining. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
I was peering over the maps and found many of the names to be entertaining. :icon_cool: :eusa_clap:

The spirit of the old GW is within us.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
I recently got some ink stamps on a kickstarter and contemplating creating some sort of map for Warhammer, but we'll see.  I really like yours.

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:32 AM »
I recently got some ink stamps on a kickstarter and contemplating creating some sort of map for Warhammer, but we'll see.  I really like yours.

Thanks! As you can see, it's still in development. I have maps in various stages of completion of the Old World, the Darklands, the Southlands and old Naggaroth. Maybe I'll make a thread and post some stuff as I get it complete. It will be a good way to polish my Photoshop skills.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
I'm contemplating various spots in the Warhammer Olde World, but not sure how I'm going to go about it yet.

Offline Cèsar de Quart

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 08:04:37 PM »
What's your idea for the setting?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 12:28:03 PM »
I am going to move this thread to the EF... I think it could generate some interesting chats.

What tool did you use to make the maps?
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: My own post End-Times new world...
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
Nice maps! I like the effort being put into the new world. My friends and I started building our own post end times world as well years ago, even before the storm of chaos. So I really appreciate the direction! How many years after 'present day' are you basing it?

As for models, I'll have a look for some I've scene, but you should check out some of the stuff getting 3d printed these days. Tons of sellers on ebay are pretty much just 3d print stores. I mostly watch the 40k ones, but some of them are steam punky enough you could probably convert for some of your uses.