home

Author Topic: Kislev  (Read 958 times)

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
Kislev
« on: March 23, 2020, 09:45:10 PM »
Sounds like with the old world coming back, Kislev may get some love:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/03/23/the-old-world-ice-guard-of-kislevgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/?utm_source=CUSTOMERS&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GW_23rd_March_Lumineth_Lowdown_ENG&utm_content=&utm_term=_&m_i=ErmENLvVBqR03AemgoCloLTU0C2SdSivYtT2LiZ6IhBHJi4SYmOSP4dhYOMLVXBFwJTjhOwP7giKd5VcBEIcigD_DxcLsJjEEN

One new unit that’s in the early stages of development is set in the Ice Court – the seat of the ruling Tsar or Tsarina. Known as the Ice Guard, they’re an elite fighting formation of warrior women, equally skilled with bow and blade. But where they differ significantly from the other Kislevite units we’ve seen in the past is that they’re able to channel the elemental magic of their realm in a similar manner to their Ice Queen – the most powerful practitioner of this unique form of sorcery. Here are some awesome pieces of concept art for the Ice Guard, courtesy of Forge World’s Mark Bedford.

"Find him, bind him, tie him to a pole and break his fingers to splinters. Drag him to a hole until he wakes up, naked, clawing at the ceiling of his grave."- Mother in "The Mariner's Revenge Song" to her son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPAr7kL-

Offline Victor

• "D'ost thee feeleth favour'ed, Knave?"
Re: Kislev
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 10:59:31 PM »
Interesting that they are sharing development information. Not a fan of (non-hero) units with special magic abilities though, especially if they are humans. I hope they don't overdo it.

Offline Michael W

• In the Name of the Emperor since 2001
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:59:48 AM »
Yeah, I enjoyed the lower-fantasy end of things.  Opening with Maidenguard-but-Kislev isn't necessarily a great start.   :dry:
Still, a little Old World exploration isn't a bad thing.  I'm not giving up on the project just yet.
Let them taste Reikland steel!
----------------------------

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 01:59:48 AM »
I’m excited. Kislev to be its own full faction surely is worth celebrating.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline The Black Knight

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 08:46:06 AM »
Okay, they have surprisded me for sure! I did not expect them delving into such a niche straight away. So there is hope for Dogs of War  :biggriin:

On the other hand, these concepts don't seem very Old-Worldy to me. Especially those ice covered weapons, what's up with that? Not dissing them as a whole, I just think they are looking at the Empire through an AOS perspective too much, when it comes to aesthetics. Keep it simple!
"All right... we'll call it a draw".

My fantasy-themed terrain log

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 04:37:48 PM »
+1 to that. I was really not expecting them to open with a place like Kislev.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Autumn has arrived! : )
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 04:47:05 PM »
They've got face masks on for avoiding things being spread by clan Pestilence and the beasts of Nurgle. :icon_mrgreen:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"No them, only us."  U2

Offline Zak

• Bigfoot Hunter 2020
    • Zachary Moss
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »
Nice!!!
Why don't you knock it off with those negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change ….

Offline brr-icy

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 04:05:53 AM »
I like it,  i do like specialized units having special abilities

Offline soupcanursa

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 02:56:56 AM »
well boyars were going home :::cheers::: a cup of Kvass on me