home

Author Topic: Paint Mixing Pots Query  (Read 139 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
Paint Mixing Pots Query
« on: May 21, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »
Anybody know where I can get some empty or mixing pots for acrylic paints - around 15 - 20ml would be good.

I've been checking over my paints collection and I have several of the old Cote D'Arms plastic flip-top-lid bottles and the plastic is crumbling to the touch.
The paint inside is still great even though the bottles are over 20 years old - which is more than can be said for the various GW offerings of recent years.

I looked on the GW site - nothing.
I found an Army Painter 6 pack offering but only in Italy?

Any recommendations?
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Artobans Ghost

Re: Paint Mixing Pots Query
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:36:49 PM »
https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/products/15-ml-paint-pot

How about these? There’s a us site as well
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Naitsabes

• Never slid
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 05:46:38 AM »
Is it just the top crumbling? That's the weak spot in my experience (and being in America of course meant addressing it with duct tape). I wonder if you could just get replacement tops.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 21May2020 - Handgunner & Big bad knights

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Borderguy190

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 11:03:47 PM »
Um...  Wow.  Thats pretty insane. Could your FLGS order them for you?

Offline Shadespyre

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 12:00:55 AM »
These are only 10ml but are cheap as chips

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paint-mixing-bottles-empty-dropper-pots-citadel-army-painter-vallejo-spare/143564300287?hash=item216d195fff:m:mSsAqidSL4h3XA_XTymEvTQ&var=442520689295

if you search for "plastic dropper bottles" there are zillions being sold cheaply for crafts and aromatherapy etc - avoid brand names. Actually the Army Painter ones are quite reasonable but they are out of stock in every UK store I usually use.

Offline GamesPoet

• Spring is here! : )
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 12:48:45 AM »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »
These are only 10ml but are cheap as chips

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Paint-mixing-bottles-empty-dropper-pots-citadel-army-painter-vallejo-spare/143564300287?hash=item216d195fff:m:mSsAqidSL4h3XA_XTymEvTQ&var=442520689295

if you search for "plastic dropper bottles" there are zillions being sold cheaply for crafts and aromatherapy etc - avoid brand names. Actually the Army Painter ones are quite reasonable but they are out of stock in every UK store I usually use.

Yeah - I found these the other day - have ordered the 50 pack - I have a lot of old pots, and I also spotted the size, if I have to spread into a second pot no worries.

I think the TTCombat ones are the same anyway.
I gave TTCombat an order this week anyway - 500 x 20mm square bases :biggriin:

and I am into their Desert of the Dead KS as well.  :engel: