home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 198209 times)

Offline brr-icy

• Warhammer Fantasy 6th Rules compendium
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1675 on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:46 PM »

How long have you been playing tabletop games?

I've been playing on and off for over 20 years.

What games have you played, or do you still play?

WFB 6th is my main game, easily the best of the ones I tried from 4th to 8th. We have a resurgence around here with quite a few armies and players.

What armies and figures do you have?

Easier to show than to list since I posted this in another thread:

Still waiting on my Wood Elves to arrive, but here's what I have so far.

Skaven, currently wrapping up my Skyre list, going to add some more to bulk up Moulder and Eshin.

Ogre Kingdoms

Chaos (Tzeentch, other people have the other factions, Khorne decided to slip in there with a couple models so far) Currently painting

Tomb Kings

Vampire Counts, enough to build a flavorful list for each family.

Empire, painted as Sylvannian for the option to use as levies for my Vampire Counts Von Carstien Appendix list,

Bretonnians

High Elves, Currently in paint process like the Chaos

Dwarfs, with an almost up to points Slayer Storm of Chaos army

Lizardmen, currently building a Lustria army option as well

How and where do you play?

We play at 3200 points and I have a table in my house, as do several of the other guys. Easier to drink while playing at home lol.

Do you have other interests/hobbies?

I collect Transformers as well.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1676 on: January 22, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Welcome to the muster! I love the display cases!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
« Reply #1677 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »
Welcome!  :-)

Great collection there.  :eusa_clap: When I joined ten years ago, I had just started, with perhaps twelve painted minis.  :icon_lol:

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Von Zorn

« Reply #1678 on: May 10, 2019, 06:15:44 PM »
Hello all,

After lurking for a fair while now I thought it was time to sign up! I'm a keen tabletop gamer who usually focuses on a more narrative style of play, and with various sources of inspiration I've been working on some forces to begin a Warhammer campaign set in Estalia.

Thus far I have painted some units for my imagined Estalian city of Aguila (nestled somewhere in the North), and I am also working on a mercenary company from the Empire who are in Aguila's employ. Whilst I am very much inspired by some of the campaigns I've loved following here and on some other forums, I suspect mine may more resemble various linked games with lots of fluff written about them. The reason is that I only really have one opponent among my friends here in Lincs who both wants to play big-battle Warhammer* and prefers a more narrative approach to the games. I think running the Mighty Empires type thing for the two of us might be overkill, but we'll see how it goes.
I could always get some remote players or just people not interested in playing battles to make strategic decisions and have Derek and I play the battles (neither of us are win-at-all-costs types of players so we'd play to win even if we would be putting our own "factions" in peril by doing so...)

Will see how it goes I guess. I hope to share what I'm up to on here and continue to feast my eyes on the inspiring work of others but in a more interactive way. The units I've painted still need basing so I'll posts some (poor) photos after that's done. :D

*many of my friends only really like skirmish games these days, which is fine, but I love me some classic Warhammer. Currently playing 6th edition but may move to 8th as forces grow (still not played 8th).

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1679 on: May 11, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Welcome Von Zorn. Great intro! Cant hurt to try the campaign thing! I really want to do that also one day, but not there yet! Looking forward to hearing updates when you commit to it!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1680 on: May 11, 2019, 11:36:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Love the sound of the campaign and fluff ideas.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
« Reply #1681 on: May 12, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Welcome, von Zorn!

-Z
Forget the 6'x4' game, focus on the story beyond that. Because fantasy matters.

Online Padre

« Reply #1682 on: May 12, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
Well met, Von Zorn. I know thee! Good to see you posting here.
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Von Zorn

« Reply #1683 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. When things get going fully I'll make a campaign thread, but I'll hang about posting nonsense as well of course.   :happy:

Offline Gargolock

« Reply #1684 on: July 23, 2019, 05:30:16 PM »
Hello, I’m Gargolock. I am quite young, 14 in fact. I come from Chaos Dwarf Online. I have decided I will take a break from my chaos dwarfs to spice it up painting wise and tactically with the Empire.

I am from Canada.

Almost 1 year exactly of playing Warhammer. I think it’s 359 days since I grabbed a bunch of unpainted random cheap miniatures I owned and threw them on a table and played a demo battle with my friend to see if we liked it. 
It’s been 2 years and 7 days exact of painting miniatures.
8 years roughly of playing with miniatures. By that I mean when I was 6 instead of playing with action figures I played with my Dads Talisman miniatures. Just would hop them around the board and make scenarios etc etc. My favourite was the chaos dwarf, I don’t know why. Probably the bright colours he was painted in and his cartoony silly face and massive hat. I still hold my love for chaos dwarfs and have a decent army of them, not massive but it’s still an army. I am starting an empire army to switch it up a bit.

Heavily Modified AoS. We added a ton of house rules. I have been considering switching to another more tactical game however still using my same armies. In AoS our house rules make magic has cards again, flanking exist and just a bunch of things we took from WHFB and translated to improve upon AoS.
The games I am considering switching to are WHFB 6th edition or T9A

Chaos Dwarfs were my first army and still remain my primary army, however I now owns 3 empire models so far. The plastic general kit and the 4th edition mounted grey wizard on horse.

We use our own custom points system because we like using fan made warscrolls, and some fan made warscrolls aren’t pointed for matched play. Also we can make our own warscrolls now. When trying to balance stuff that GW didn’t balance I find it easier to re-balance every warscroll you use then try to get in the mind of GW. It turns out well normally but the point value of certain units are ever evolving. I have experience with game design by taking game design classes so the house rules I write normally make sense and work out. I aphave made my fair share of mistakes however. They were just chances to learn however.
I play normally on my dining table, used to play at my friends house since his dining table is a square 6 by 4 ft one (mine is an oval 6 by 4 feet one) but his table was never open. We’d always point out our armies and get ready only for something to get in the way. I have played far too many games on his sofa. So most are now held at my house since my table is rarely used.

No.

....and anything else you might like to share.......
I am starting a Hochland army, so far I have Aldebrand and the empire general on foot that came in that kit is going to represent a minor character mentioned in Uniforms and Heraldries of the Empire. His name is Captain Katsbulger. The grey wizard is just a grey wizard from the Hergig college of magical study.

Me being young means money’s a little tight, however for my empire army I have a new philosophy, “If I want it in my army, I will get it for my army.”. I will say that a large factor of me liking a miniature is the price, if it’s like Ludwig Swartzhelm prices than I won’t even want it.

I have the Landsknecht starter army from Warlord Games coming in the post. Should give me a solid amount of infantry. I prefer puff and slash over the weird skin tight body suits of the GW current state troops. Also the price is a real win.
Also another thing is I adore lore. I love my armies to abide by the lore, and yes I have read through the entire Hochland thread on here. I now have designed a ensignia for my Knights of the Silver Mountain so I know what to paint on their banners.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1685 on: July 23, 2019, 06:45:44 PM »
Welcome! Always happy for new blood (not like Vampires do, though). And rest assured we are quite tolerant here, and will not hold it against you that you come from Chaos Dwarf Online or, indeed, even Canada.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1686 on: July 23, 2019, 10:17:40 PM »
Don't listen to Fidelis. He's just jealous he's not Canadian. Those of us with maple syrup blood from the land of "Eh" are just to pure for this world.

Welcome from a fellow canuck!

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #1687 on: July 24, 2019, 12:25:58 AM »
Welcome from another Canuck! What gankom said 😸
You may be happy with the new Cities of Sigmar for the freepeoples coming up. I like the amount of effort you put into your custom warscrolls.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #1688 on: July 24, 2019, 03:30:35 AM »
The 4th edition mounted Grey Wizard is a lovely model. Good choice to start yourself off! Welcome from another member of the commonwealth!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gargolock

« Reply #1689 on: July 25, 2019, 03:35:07 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! This place seems lovely.

Yes I would agree. The grey wizard is a lovely model. When I bought him out of the used miniature section of my local independent hobby shop I wondered why I have been seeing him in the shop for almost one year and why no one else bought him. Normally used miniatures (especially ones from 4th edition) donít even last a week in the shop.
 After taking him home I realized others are better at viewing through plastic bags then me. He was covered head to toe in incredibly thick white primer. He was easy enough to strip though and definitely worth the extra work.

I have looked into the upcoming cities of Sigmar book and overall, the presence of the horrible sigmarines on the cover scares me off. Also the fact we have to share the book with dwarfs and elves. The stunties and knife ears arenít as bad as sigmarines but I want the Empire to be the Empire again, you know?

I overall dislike AoS lore and always have. I play the game abiding by the older yet IMHO better lore.

And thanks, I built some demo Hochland specific warscrolls that I will touch up then probably share.

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #1690 on: July 25, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »
Quote Gargolock: The stunties and knife ears arenít as bad as sigmarines but I want the Empire to be the Empire again, you know?

This made me laugh despite liking the idea. Good point
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline bnala

« Reply #1691 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:24 AM »
Hi,
My name is Jack. Been stumbling over this forum again and again. There is some really beautiful stuff on here and am keen to keep the Empire alive!

25 years.
 WFB, W40k, Space Marine/Epic/Adeptus Titanicus, WFRP, lots of other GW games and Drafts (not well).

In good repair: Empire, Imperial Fists, White Scars, Adepta Sororitas. Adeptus Militarum killed in warp storm.

Rarely, with my mates in Sheffield, UK.

Art, History, Philosophy, the humanities generally.

Offline GamesPoet

• Happy Halloween! : )
« Reply #1692 on: September 03, 2019, 02:33:14 AM »
Welcome to W-E!  Hope to see ya around here and posting. :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Online Padre

« Reply #1693 on: September 03, 2019, 01:20:36 PM »
Hello Jack. Good to see a local here. Well, relatively local. I always go to the store on the top floor in Sheffield centre (emporium?) when I'm in Sheffield.
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1694 on: September 03, 2019, 02:13:28 PM »
Welcome to the party Jack!

Offline bnala

« Reply #1695 on: September 06, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »
Yeh, the Wargames Emporium's a good shop. One in Sheffield and Mansfield I believe. Where are you based Padre?

Just looking at some more of the stuff on here. Puts me to shame! I have shaky hands.

Online Padre

« Reply #1696 on: September 06, 2019, 09:05:15 PM »
I'm near Wakefield, but go quite a bit to Sheffield with my boys and missus. We like the stuff that goes on in the centre of the city, especially in the spring and summer.

Offline Sanyimanus212

• Using a lŠngos as a weapon since 2006
« Reply #1697 on: September 21, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »
Hello there,
My name's Adam, and I'm from Hungary.

I've been playing fantasy for about a year now.
I play WH40K, Fantasy and occasionaly AoS.

I have a smallish Empire army hailing from the most glorius city of Altdorf that I'm looking to expand in the coming months, another small mixed force of WoC (mostly nurgle). As for 40k, I mainly collect IG, but I like all things Imperial and Chaos. And, some orks. I also have a squad or two of Sigmarines (I just like the look of them).

I mostly play with my friends. Currently looking for a good game store to play at (any suggestions will be appreciated).

Apart from wargaming, I also like drawing.

I have decided to join the forums after seeing augustusmanifestos's unit of spearman, and just frankly being impressed.
There are two things a soldier of the Empire needs. Faith and an object to bash the enemy's skull in.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1698 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum! We've got plenty of sections to interest you so feel free to join on in and enjoy the party.

Offline bnala

Hi Sanyimanus212
« Reply #1699 on: September 26, 2019, 12:38:04 AM »
Hi Pall, I'm the last new boy before you!