home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 194040 times)

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 11:12:22 AM »
"Alea iacta est" means "the die HAS been cast", IMHO :?

Offline Vann Harl

• Wolf Brother
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2005, 11:30:05 AM »
hmmmmm .... :?

i'll have to check my references on that ... lest i embarres myself
 :oops:
Grand Writing Competition winning entry;
"I was there! With the Men of Erlach!"

"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious"
- Oscar Wilde

Offline rha celt

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »
Well this is my first post. I'm 46 been a gamer since I was fifteen.  Started with historic then moved to sci fi, Striker was a great game, from ther to battle tech and then on to 40k.  I was building marines and Orks mostly so I started picking up some warhammer orks so I could do more options with my 40k orks.  I now have over 8000 points of 40k orks and a whole bunch of unbuilt warhammer orks. I know this seems strange but I started empire because any game system I start playing I always pick two differant style armies to build so I can switch of my building and painting. Empire seemed like the natural enemy for orks so here I am.  I live and work in Fargo North Dakota, I am the Facilities Management supervisor for the student union at North Dakota State University. I am also an avid flyfissherman.  I am currently working on a 4000 point Middenheim army and a 5000 point ork army.
When in doubt attack, hey sometimes it works

Offline Wiglaf

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2005, 08:19:16 AM »
Hi, My name is Ludvig and I'm 33 years old. I live in the north of Sweden and work as a teacher of English and History. I was first introduced to WFB in the late 1980s by a friend. Back then, I think the 3rd ed was brand new and we initially played a lot of games with paper counters. Eventually we got some metal models and also some of the new platic sprues that were introduced at this time. This was prior to the first Warhammer Armies book, so armies was a nightmare of calculation and it was possible to field any race in your ranks. When the Army book appeared, this first seemed like a pedantic rules restriction that definately would take away the freedom and the fun of the game. Eventually, I have understood its advantages. :) I purchased more and more models, placed a lot of orders directly from the UK, and mastered some painting techniques on some 100 odd figures of all races imaginable. In the beginning of the 1990s I had to drop the hobby though, due to military, academical and professional time consuming nonsense.

As I'm very interested in history, and European war history at that, Empire was the natural choice when I, a couple of years ago, picked up the hobby where I had left it. I can now field perhaps a maximum of 3500-4000 pts of Empire, including a Steam Tank, an Elector Count on a Griffon, a Captain on a Pegasus, numerous other characters (no special characters though), a variety of artillery, cavallery and infantry. I have also built some terrain.

History was the main guideline when I started the army, I wanted something that resembled our great Swedish warrior kings' (Gustavus Adolphus and Charles XII - Gustav II Adolf och Karl XII in Swedish) historical 17th and 18th century armies of musketmen and pikemen, fast cavallery and artillery - and the Empire is perfect for recreating this! Eventually, I reluctantly had to include some magic defense as well, but magic has never been my cup of tea.

I now field a typical 2000p army that relies on some firepower, fast moving cav and flyers, and reliable chunks of infantry at the center. This together with sound tactics has proven to be a good combination of the Empires strengths. I believe I will stick with the Empire for a long time.

Offline sithlord

• Sithlord Gallery
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »
Hi all,

I am SITHLORD for this comunity. The Empire is one of my 4 armies. I play with this game from 1994 until today. I collect, paint and command in many battles these races:

- Khemri
- Empire  
- Bretonnia  
- HighElves

I still prefer the Empire because it is not the maximum in each thing (except for artillery) but it is good and flexible in all army parts.

Normally i play with my cousin and its dwarfs (i love to irritate
him with my pistoliers), with some collegues and my brother (i am very happy to overwhelm its Orcs, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Caos, pricipally under a lead rain and the thunders of Emipire cannons' gunpowder. After I like cleaning the war table with my Templars shouting "Deus Vult")

I am searching in this comunity an exchange for paint, modding and tattical ideas, also comparing some Empire gallery photos and real battle reports....I think to be in the right place here.

I like PC Gaming, Movies, ....and i also work (each day about 9 hours from 1992), ...I also have time for my wife!  She is the lady of my battles, Some time i think her as Wood Elf fall in love for a Black Orc, other time I think her as lady saved from a crusader templar with doublehand sword and Empire armor  :x .

Offline theblackknight

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2005, 11:09:36 PM »
Hi everyone im new to these forums. Im from Canada and play Empire and space marines. I have been playing Empire for about 3 years and just recently started playing 40k, I hope to start a Dwarf army later on. Id have to say my favorite Empire model is either Karl Franz or Valten on foot.

Offline Harry

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2005, 11:26:40 PM »
Hi there. I`m from small (60-thousend) city in south of Poland. I`m 17 years old. I have played Warhammer since 2000. First WFRP and since 2002 WFB. Right from the beginning i play The Almighty Empire :) I have hm... 2000 pts universal army. I expose my army as Cult of Ulric, Army of Middenland or Army of Talabecland so I  have panited my soldiers in white-red-blue-yellow :) (they are so colourful that they look almost like bretonian knights :D ). I`d like to collect also WE but I`m waiting for  6th edition of them :). And I think that is all what I`d like to say about me.

"Wolves are our brothers, winter is our sister, but above all we are children of WAR!"     - Grand Master Benedict Wildfremd
"ULRIIIIIICCCC....." - His Winter Knights :)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 04:38:43 PM »
I've deleted a few 'comment' posts here.

Please can we leave this thread JUST for members to post their introduction.

If you are a new member and have a problem please e-mail me or one of the other Mods and we will be pleased to help as best we can.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline obithehorr

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 10:19:15 PM »
Hi there,

My name is Jasper, just discovered the site..

I am a student at Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands,
and I am currently 22 years old.

My armies are:
Empire 3000 pts
High Elves 1500 pts

and 40K:
Dark Angels: 2000 pts.

ciao, Jasper

Offline Vambi

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2005, 01:14:36 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum - this is my first post.
I'm 14years old and live in denmark. I started playing bretonia somwhere close to the end of the 5th edition. I learned the rules and then got rid of most of them righteous ba......
Then, when the 6st editon first came out, I bought the starter set together with my brother, but I sold/converted all the empiretroops after a short winning spree and got a Vampire Count army instead. Now I'm starting an empire army again.... But as a second army, not instead of my precious VC.
-Vambi the Bampire

Offline Justin Hill

• Marienburg Freeswords
    • fragile army transport bag
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2005, 10:57:11 PM »
Hi Guys - i've been playing warhammer for about 20 years now, but usually as a Dogs of War general, where i've used this site for tonnes of great tactical advice.  

Living in ireland at the moment, but sometime member of the

http://www.warmongerclub.com/gallery.html NYC warmonger club.  

Had a lot of success with my dogs of war: http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Results_Coverage/Baltimore/WFB/Justin_Hill/armygallery.htm but since becomming a BL writer i've become something of a convert.  

Currently embroiled in a complicated 40K campaign against my brother's tyranids, but we are both working away on rival armies - me on the Army of Southern Talabecland - lots of huntsmen and free companies - with a couple of units of halberdiers as well.

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2005, 12:07:39 PM »
Justin, wow, that was YOUR army? I totally loved it from the first time on I saw it. Maybe get in touch with grutch (no pun intended), our site-admin. I bet he'll be drooling over the idea to get some exclusive pics for our gallery... :roll: ;)

Offline Justin Hill

• Marienburg Freeswords
    • fragile army transport bag
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2005, 04:47:53 PM »
yeah - i've actually moved them on quite a bit since then - alot more arabic conversions...i'll email grutch - but i'm actually starting a talabheim army now - it was TVI who inspired me.

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2005, 08:25:29 PM »
Hello.
I'm 17 years old and hail from Holland. I play Empire now for almost two years and it has been my first army. I usually play with a couple of friends who also play warhammer fantasy and they are the reason I started to play it too. I don't play too much, but that's rather thanks to nobody who wants to play as often as me... But I like to read much about Warhammer and this site has offered me very much already. So now I'm ready to battle on the forums!  :-D

Offline Soren

• Helstorm Rocket Test Pilot
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2005, 11:22:12 AM »
Hi,

I have lurked here for a while, but I haven't posted until now.  :oops:

I am 40, 6'4", 230lbs, with hazel eyes............... :oops: that is for the chat room.  :-D

I have been playing WHF for about 1.5 yrs. When I can find the time, since I am married with 3 kids. My first love was and is Empire. I have about 3000 points assembled into a sea of gray and pewter. I fell in love with the models when I saw that they were from my favorite time and place, The Holy Roman Empire of the 1500-1600’s. I just love my gaudy Landsknechts as well as my knights in Maximillian armor.

My second army is Bretonnia made with converted Empire knights and Empire Militia. I have about 3000 points with a little over 1000 points barely painted. I could not stomach fielding an army that was covered with fleur de lys. It is fine for others but not for my persona.

My third army is still in boxes. It consists of Slanneshi mortals and daemons with a dash of Be’lakor.

My next army will be Blood Dragon, Vampire Counts. So if you hear that I am buying these models before I can field at least 2150 points of the above armies, come and gut me with my own katzbalger!
Warm Regards,     Sren

Offline DevoteeofNurgle

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2005, 10:46:07 AM »
How long have you been playing Warhammer?

Are you new to the Empire?
Do you have an existing army, or armies, of other warhammer races?

How and where do you play?

Do you have other interests/hobbies?

....and anything else you might like to share.......

I've been playing for 2.5 years now.
Yeah, I'm new to the empire, Always loved them though.
I live in sunny Brisbane (well close enough) I play weekly-Semi weekly at my local store or the Queens Street mall or the Battle bunker in Mt. Gravatt.
I also have 2000pts of Nurgle Beastmen, 1500pts of Deathguard and 2000pts of O&G.
Ultimate Playa H8ter

Offline adamn

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2005, 11:23:48 AM »
Well what do you know...another Brisbaneite saying hello!!

I also live in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

I started collecting miniatures many moons ago, but only started playing a few years back.  I don;t play all that regularly so my experience is fairly limited.

Empire was the first army I collected and remains my first love to this day (excluding wife and kids!).

I have a fully painted 2000pt Empire army, based in Aldorf.

I also have a High Elf army and fledgling Brettonian and Dark Elf Armies.

Anyway, I have an entry (mounted High Elf Mage)in the Mt Gravatt store painting comp this weekend, if those Brisbane members are around the place.

Adam

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2005, 10:54:10 PM »
Greetings all, thought I just better make a quick hello. Real names Ian, or E, or Smithy, hail from Essex, England. If you live in that county or next too let me know, always keen to meet other players.

Basically just started Warhammer, odd age to start at 18. Only having a small Empire force but hope to build up on very quickly.

Got a small Chaos force aswell but I don't really go for it, alot of Chaos seem to be doing it "wrong" in my opinion.

Into war history of all types, fitness freak and hoping to join the Royal Marines within two years, anyone else thinking of serving or served lemma know, interesting to too chat too.

WEll thats for now, see you around.  :-D

Offline R von Aros

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2005, 06:00:49 PM »
Hello,

I've been visiting this site for some time now and finally get to the conclusion to join.

I'm 42 and have been playing just a few years. It all started when my sister's boys get some WH-models in preeschool/daycare to practice theire "fine movement skills" in paintin the figures. I thought it was a splendid idea so my boys get a WH paint set and and each get a regiment box (Beastmen and O&G) at Christmas 1999. After a while my older boy realized that the figures where a part of a game, so next christmas the gift were a starter box (5th edition). During the spring/summer the new starterbox of the 6th edition was released, it became the Christmas gift of 2001. Since they were just 7 and 9 at the time for the first starterbox I had to learn the rules and translate them to my boys. When the younger boy had taken the O&G from the starterbox the Empire where left over. After a while I thought I could use them, and so I did...

Now I have about 3000p and almost 2000p of them have the colors of Middenland. I and the boys have been participating in some smaller tournies with not to much success.

I try to contribute to the WH hobby by having small tournaments at home to learn my boys friends (and some of their fathers) to play WH. We have now reached the limits of my home with 6 small (38" x 48") tables.

Offline Brother Glacius

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2005, 05:00:45 PM »
***** Howdy all,

I've been playing warhammer now for 12 years or so. Started at the tail end of 4th edition. Wood Elves were my first army. I just recently picked up empire. 6th ed release had me almost getting them, but traded away my box set group for my friend's orcs. Bought the Army of Middenland though and going about building a themed army.

I own several armies in various stages. I've gone to GT's with vamps and dwarfs and WE. I also own a large orc and gob army, lizards and tomb kings. I used to own a DE army but sold it off.

I play in the US, Oregon. I'm 33 (wow..and I feel like I'm 17) married with children. I love most games and sports. Do RPGs and online gaming (shooters, MMORPGs).

***** Brother Glacius

Offline PANTHERLORD

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2005, 04:30:15 AM »
hi,

i'm from the bay area.  im sorry i didn't do this before.  i just started playing empire a few months ago.  i also play CSM and Imperial Guard.  I am 11 and turning twelve in may.
Elector Count of Middeland and Grandmaster of the Knights Panther.  

Knights Panther own!

Offline Demonslayer

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2005, 06:59:34 PM »
Hi everybody,

I would have introduced myself earlier, but I missed this thread earlier. Oh well, better late than never, I guess :roll: .
Anyway, I'm twenty years of age and live in the Netherlands, in the province Limburg. I started playing warhammer about eightteen months ago... Back then a friend of mine lended me two of his army books, namely Empire and Dwarves. I liked both of them, and I'm still thinking about starting a dwarf army. However I always did like flexibility, and Dwarves were just too slow in my opinion... and since my (now ex-) girlfriend was only 1.58 metres tall, I didn't want to risk any dwarf-related remarks  :wink:  :lol: .
Anyway, since then I've built up an army of a bit over 3000 points. Actually, if I had just one more core unit it would probably be 4000 points, seeing as how I once tried to get one wizard for each lore  :roll: (I only miss a brown and a grey Wizard).
Right before the Storm of Chaos campaign, I started a small Chaos Tzeentch demons army. In a fit of insanity I even baked two spawns using a recipe for non-edible dough... They actually looked pretty good, considering they were actually bakery products  :wink: .
After that, I decided to just start a demonic legion of Tzeentch instead (mostly just so I didn't have to use two pieces of bread in my army  :lol: ). It turned out to be a 2000 pt. army, including a self-constructed chariot (of wood and chain this time), a demon prince (for which I used an old Hero Quest model) and two heralds borrowed from an older game... But at some point I realized the whole being evil thing just wasn't my style... I sometimes still use that army, but I just like Empire much better.
Then I bought two warrior priests of Ulric, in order to make a SoC cult of Ulric list... turning out to be mistake number two in choosing an army  :cry: . Using the same units as I did in my regular Empire-army just didn't work, and I lacked funding for other units :oops: ...
Anyway now I'm back to the Empire... I hope I haven't bored you too much with this story  :roll: .
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Von Falkenstein

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2005, 03:07:01 PM »
Hi all! 8)
As I’m new to the imperial forum, I greet You all - battle scarred veterans!
My name is Johan Falk, I’m 25 yrs, living in the town of Falun in mid Sweden.
I’ve been into the WHFB hobby for about two years, keeping up the fight under the imperial banner all along.
It all started as I observed some friends playing this board game and it looked kind of fun (even if their rule discussions could last for ages). The reason I choose Empire was probably because the figures resemblance much of the old Swedish armies, clothing and weaponry and I liked their scientific way of coping with problems. This kind of experimental - alchemist way really brings a nice atmosphere to the whole thing I think.
Usually I play at least one match a week, 1999 or 2000, mainly against the V.C. but I’ve been facing most armies.
My own army has been painted in the Talabecland colours, with yellow undercoat and red stripes. I’ll post some pics of this later on. I really love to see well-painted armies myself.
When I’m not playing warhammer I study my last semester at the university to become a teacher to the upper secondary school, subjects; history and geography. My other interests beside warhammer are mountainbiking, lake ice-skating and astronomy. So look out for the twin comet and for my coming posts! :wink:

Offline Duke Bas

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2005, 11:30:52 PM »
Greetings-greetings

I am Duke Bas, and I played Skaven a long, long time(don't worry, I had a balanced, as good as no Skryre list) and I recently started empire with a box of flaggelants(not a good start, but great models, and you've got to LOVE the name "Prophet of Doom!")
I've been playing warhammer for over 3 years right now, but I've been into miniature wargaming all my life. Some of you might be disgusted by the fact that I secretly "theme" my army around "the Cult of the Horned Rat" with small additions(a rat on the Prophet of Dooms shoulders, the flaggelants have Skaven Runes on their scrolls, my general has a Skavn tatoo on his head, the plastic rats from the clanrats boxed set are found everywhere, etc.)

Anyway, Empire is a great army, with some of the finest models(I especially like the Greatswords and Mortars) and I want to make a small, 1000 points army to begin with. For painting, mostly, but I will be playing some small games in a while. I won't be posting much in the beginning, maybe my army list, or painted models, you know, the basic crap.

Thank you for your time!

Bas.
For the Horned Rat!

Offline Ariakas

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2005, 03:15:52 PM »
greetings, greetings evrybody....

I'm Ariakas (real name is Johannes, or John as it is in english), 16 years old and hails from cold Norway (right now it's pretty warm, even though it's late winter).
For those from Norway I live in Ålesund, and is a member of the Ålesund Fantasy-Klubb (Aalesund Fantasy-Society).

I first came into contact with the World of Warhammer during the 5th edition. A friend of mine, and his brother had just started collecting Skaven and Bretonnia. But at that time I was only reading the books (evry book I could find, it really is a great world), from rulebooks to lore. First a while after the 6th edition had been released I bought my first boxed set of Imperial Soldiers. I'm still working on my first army though (an Altdorf army), since I don't have that much money (in fact minimal). I'm also collecting LOTR miniatures, some of the reasons I'm so low on money, and I have a grand goblin army.

Also I play rpg when I get time to that, and would like to call myself a veteran game-master.

I'm also reading a lot of fantasy-books (science fiction too by the way), and the first book I did read I think was Narnia. Some time later (after playing the brilliant 2.edition MERP rpg game) I read the Lord of the Rings (amzing experience) and I really became interested in fantasy.

And I just got to say that I'm a totally Monty Python-fanatic.

And now for something completely different.
"There is no problem that cannot be solved with a cannon"