home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 194041 times)

Offline Jobbe

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2005, 02:48:41 PM »
Hi!

I'm 22 years old and majoring in history at the university of southern Denmark. I've played warhammer for god knows how long. I began at the time of the 4th edition with a small Empire army and a couple of High Elves, but with the coming of the 5th edition I traded my trusty Altdorf regiments in for some Wood Elves.
They were my army of choice for quite some time, but I was still in love with the splendor of the great Empire and with the coming of the 6th edition I once again bought a couple of Empire troops, about enough for a 2000 p. army. But along came the Chaos Warriors and I never got around painting the empire troops (except for the odd caracter or single knight) before I had myself a Chaos Warrior army.
Then at a tournament in Copenhagen I saw this breathtaking Ostland Army along with lots of awesome timberhouse and pinewood terrain, and I immediately knew how to paint and convert my Empire army. Unfortunately, I was moving away from home for studying the same fall, and now had neither the time, nor the space or money for my favourite hobby.
Hopefully my long summer break will bring along enough time for starting up my Ostland project and I'm beginning to prepare the whole thing already.
Oh... and back home I was a founding member and for some time chairman of the legendary Ugerløse Bad Losers Wargaming Society, at the height of our succes we were almost 6 guys playing. :-D  But we had great fun. Due to the fact that our playing day were Sunday at least half of the guys were hungover most of the time, but usually I managed a game every second week, usually resulting in a sound trashing from the best commander among the lads - Michael.

Besides wargaming my biggest interests are music, litterature, football (the only true one - the european one) and history. The first one taking up quite a chunk of my already limited budget, but hopefully a few of the wiser music investments, will pay for my warhammer passion when sold.

Favourite musician (at the moment): Nick Drake
Favourite Writer (at the moment): Albert Camus
Favourite football club: FC Copenhagen (or FC København for you Danes out there)  
Favourite period (at the moment): Danish middleages (1200-1350)

- Jacob

Offline King Bumfluff

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2005, 12:21:45 AM »
Hello, my Empire friends!  Friendly greeting fom a disgraced dwarf :lol:   Real name is Grayham(or whatever way you think of spelling it)  Your average teenager, lazy, talks too much and plays Warhammer.....yeah, completely average.  Fisrt saw warhammer when I was little and my big bro and his buddies were putting together 5th ed. armies.  My brother's was Bretonnians.  Even had some High(on crack :wink: ) Elves for no reason it seemed.  I don't play Empire though, yeah what am I doing on a Empire board again?   I play Dwarfs, not too well though :-D   I don't play much WHFB anymore though, devoting most time to writing the Saga of Brorik Gunnarsson(I think you can see it at Bugman's still, might've taken it down see bannage though :() and my cartoon I do for warhammer, BattleMallet.  Though I occasionally do conversion work, such as a Dwarf Mage on a Unicycle.  I also am somewhat of a history buff, and dabble in Warhammer Ancient Battles.  Play 40k too, my Demiurg army uses all my left over dwarf bits and Spac Dwarf bitz from Black Tree Minis...well, that's all lads, hope I stay at this forum for a long time. 8)
Beware the CHEESE!!!!!!

Offline Astra

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2005, 01:10:28 PM »
Hello,

I have been watching this forum for some time now, and I have finally registered myself.

My name isn't Astra, I'm soon 16 years old and I live in Norway, near our capital Oslo.

I have been playing (if you can call it playing) warhammer for about 3 years now. The two first years I didn't understood that much of the rules, because English is my second language. The last year I've been re-painting my Nuln army. It started pretty well the first three months, but when I began on my knights I couldn't continue. I haven't thouch my brush for 8 weeks now, but since it's Easter now, I'll probably touch it. I'm looking forward to have them finished.

Astra
"Just fight for The Empire!"

Karl Franz,
The Ruling Emperor

Offline Beast

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2005, 03:43:26 PM »
Hi. Been playing now since 1st edition so yes i'm an oldie!!! Never tried my hand at Empire in all those years so i'm looking forward to some great ideas and tactics. Cheers in advance.

Offline DadTMad

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2005, 02:48:24 PM »
Hello,

I have just joined the War Hammer hobby as of December of 2004.
My 12 yr old son asked for the fantasy started box (orcs & empire) for Christmas.
He was interested in the Orcs and wanted to learn the game after watching a demonstration at our location Games Workshop.
I have taken the empire army my default and i am in the process of painting them.

I have really enjoyed this so far and so has my son.

Cheers,
Dad T. Mad

Offline bloodbawler

• Baron of Wildenlack
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2005, 04:14:19 PM »
I didn't see this topic so I'm a little late to post here
I'm 15 years old and come from Slovenia; I play Warhammer since December 2004 so I haven't got time to gather my Empire army for 2000 pts to play in our country's tournaments. I just have some box sets; in our country, there's no GW shop so I can just order blisters over some shops that have some GW stuff to sell. I have a couple of friends which also play Warhammer (nobody with empire) so now we are fighting in each other's houses! My other interests , hm: computer games (especially Warcraft), athletics, . . .

Of course my name is not "bloodbawler", I'm (in English) Luke.
Heathens! I shall smite thee! Right after my lunch break.

Offline Gliven

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:34 AM »
Hi  :x

My name is Todd and i am from Australia (im currently working on vampire counts just fyi) but i am an empire player at heart i play with Talabheim. And i think Luthor Huss is one of the best characters in the game.(not power wise) but his history and the fact that he is the prophet of sigmar.
The Emperor does not judge you by your medals, but by your scars.

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2005, 06:31:13 AM »
Greetings!   I've been fielding an Empire army since 1984.  My only other WFB army is Chaos Dwarfs.  I play mostly at my local retailer's venue and am looking forwards to discussing the game and The Empire itself.  Huzzah!

Offline Kyle

• Blessed by Sigmar
    • The Tyranid Hive
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2005, 12:08:17 AM »
Hey all I am no newcomer to the site, but I'll introduce myself on behalf of the newcomers.
Hey I'm Kyle, welcome to Warhammer Empire, glad you chose Empire as your new Fantasy army.

How long have you been playing Warhammer?

About 3-4 years now.

Are you new to the Empire?

Not for over a year now.

Do you have an existing army, or armies, of other warhammer races?

Lizardmen

Looking forward to reading your posts. :-D  :wink:
SIGMAR!
Visit: http://h1.ripway.com/TheTyranidHive/index1.html for all you Tyranid news and info.

Offline Angerland

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2005, 04:32:10 AM »
Hello all Angerland here. Don't be bothered by the name I am quite friendly. I am 32, been playing 40K since Rogue Trader but I am brand shiney spanking new to Warhammer. Chose Empire because I love the cannons and the German look to the figures.
I don't have any other Warhammer armies but I do have a hand full of Orcs since I bought the box set two weeks ago....you never know what might become of them.  

Oh yes, I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the US.
The hammer of the Gods
will drive our ships to new lands
to fight the horde, singing and crying
"Valhalla I am coming!"

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2005, 02:13:12 PM »
ah yes, MPL City.  Nice town.

welcome!

Offline Stalwarth

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2005, 07:45:55 PM »
hi there,

my real life name is sebastian, im 26 yrs old and from munich, germany. im in the middle of my exams and in two months time ill have a degree in economics and an mba, finally starting to work.

i started warhammer back in school, 1996 as far as i can remember. my first army was empire, and after starting 40k and lots of time spent with my imperial guard legionnaire-style and the dark angels im finally back to where i started. i suppose it was the new 6th ed. and the fantastic new plastic minis, that made collecting even large armies possible.

i do play regularly with friends, even with my fiancee (im blessed with a great  girl who is not only lovely, understanding, and a great cook ;-), but who actually plays wargames).

it took me some time to finally post, since i spent most of the last months studying. i like the empire site very much, and think the forum is really great, lots of information and different tactics and strategies.

thats enough from me for now. im happy to be here.

guten abend,

sebastian
Krieg ist die Fortsetzung der Diplomatie mit anderen Mitteln. Von Clausewitz

Offline HoS

• Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2005, 03:20:01 PM »
I have been hare a week, but have not truly introduced myself. I am 14 almost 15 and am REALLY into American Civil War reenacting(yes that is a real gun! Yese that is real powder). I love Empire but am extremely poor as most of my money goes to reenacting and I hardly get any anyways. In 4 years of "playing" Empire I still do not even have 1500 points! I have tinkered with DE and such but have finally settled on the greatest army out there!
Gave into the WoW.

Offline empire jones

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2005, 09:42:39 PM »
I am 39.  I am disabled and consider my life to be broken in two, before disablity and after.  My disability causes me to have some cognitive problems.  Before my disability I was an historical gamer.  Napoleonics, American Civil War, DBA, DBM, tactica etc...  I painted miniatures to help pay my way through college as a matter of fact.  I can still paint and enjoy doing so but the medicine I take causes my hands to tremble quite a bit so they are not what they used to be.  When I got married we got into some money problems as often young married people do and the first on the chopping block was my miniatures.  Fastforward to about 2 years ago when I became disabled.  A friend of mine was into 40k.  It didn't really interest me.  I love science fiction but could not get into the fluff of 40k.  Then he and his friends that he games with got into fantasy.  Wow did that rock my world.  Shortly there after I had a beastmen army.  Then came the dwarfs and finnally just a month or so ago I got Vampire Counts.  I have alot of problems remembering the rules but I play with a good group of people who help me out.  But as far as tactics goes my historical background makes me sharp.  I often as not now draw or win.  Warhammer has been a godsend to me.  So many of my activeties were curtailed when I became disabled.  Now I play regularly with my friends, a whole new group who don't mind that I am a little slow.  I love the miniatures and the fluff.  Reading website forum about the hobby take a good part of my day.  So why the empire you ask, well I hate the dwarfs and after reading all the different rule books, I believe the empire to be my next army.  Actually I am trading my dwarves as I type.  So hello to all.

Offline Kernschatten

• Riverside, CA, USA
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2005, 09:45:03 PM »
Quote from: empire jones
and finnally just a month or so ago I got Vampire Counts.

Welcome, have you been posting on The Warhammer Forum as Vampire Jones?
"We finally really did it. You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you. God damn you all to hell."

Offline empire jones

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »
No I am jimbpmd there.

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2005, 02:16:02 PM »
I thought as much from reading your last TWF post and your intro here.

welcome.

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've been playing warhammer for about a year and a half now and some while ago finished my 200pts Skaven Army. I've thus recently started on my 2nd army (empire) and have already assembled 8 knights, 16 swordsmen, 10 flaggelants, 2 sorcerers and 1 pegasus captain (Daniël Schattendorf is the name of the pegasus dude: my general). If you max out on all the gear, the army can just reach 1000pts.

I play warhammer with a group of friends at home(or someone elses home) and at the Gamesworld in Eindhoven. When I'm not playing warhammer, I'm the guitarist in a band 8) .

I also want to complement you all with your wonderfull site and, for everything I've seen so far, I'm very impressed. Cheers to ye :-D !

Offline Gregos Bodilsen

• http://www.livejournal.com/users/arachthar
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 12:05:16 AM »
My name is Zac Hansen

>How long have you been playing Warhammer?

Since fifth edition.

>Are you new to the Empire?
>Do you have an existing army, or armies, of other warhammer races?

Yes, I have just started, I used to play skaven and was affectionately referred to as the "Rat-King", but my army befell a horrible doom at the hand of a sibling, but maybe I'll take up my old mantle some day, but until then, Viva La Steam Tank!

>How and where do you play?

Provo, Ut; US

>Do you have other interests/hobbies?

I play rpgs and I like computer games.

....and anything else you might like to share.......

I'm Twenty years old and supporting the habit of Games Workshop.
Steam Tank Commander

Offline Carson Gallant

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2005, 10:40:57 PM »
Hello all!

My name is Carson Gallant and I am a rancher living in Watson, Saskatchewan, Canada. I've been playing since the introduction of 6th edition and have so far played Darkelves, Lizardmen, Goblins, Vampire Counts and now the Empire. I'd have to say that Warhammer is one of the funnest games of ever played, as I played tabletop strategy games such as advanced squad leader for many years.
I belong to the Ravening Hordes Warhammer Club in Saskatoon, Sk. A Great bunch of guys numbering 25-30. Our club runs consistent 3month long leagues which keep everyone enthusiastic and together.
The Empire is a great army to play, especially with Kislev allies, and I couldn't be happier after finding this site.
I look forward to being an active member and to post some pictures of my empire units.

Offline Bartman

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
Hey, I'm another new guy around here. I've been playing WHFB for three years now. Till now I've played Dwarfs but I sold that army. I've turned to the Empire for it's variety and still being able to shot the crap out of everyone. I also like the minis. Cavalry will be a treat once I figure out how to use them.   :biggriin: Well, that's it for now.
 :engel: Bill
A long list down to the rank and file were all united in one common bond of common danger and suffering. Sigmar bless them all!

Offline InquisitorJim

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2005, 09:55:34 PM »
Groovy digs. I love the site.

I'm in San Antonio, Texas where we have a pretty great gaming community. I've been doing Fantasy off and on since the eighties but only seriously for the last 3-4 years.

I have a pile of armies and even painted up a couple thousand points of empire at one time but never really played them. The righteous fury of Sigmar has been welling up over the last couple of weeks and I know that heare be daemons. The Sigmarite Crusade may begin shortly...

Again, great site.

Jim Bailey, SAGW Gamers

Offline Dave Talley

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2005, 01:18:58 AM »
Hey there Jim-bob

glad you found the place,
I have been dropping thru this place off and on for a couple years

Dave T
Resident Smartass

Offline Gunther Schloss

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2005, 12:28:40 PM »
Good day to you all, fellow Empire players!

I have been playing WHFB for about 4 years or so now, and so far I've been collecting a VC force of reasonable size. After a while I decided I wanted to start collecting a light side army for a change. My choice fell upon the brave defenders of the Empire (ofcourse, I wouldn't be here if it wouldn't :wink: ), of which I have collected about 800 pts now.

Offline TheJackal

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2005, 09:26:17 PM »
Hi, I've been playing warhammer for several years, and after playing Vampire Counts and Dwarfs for fantasy, I felt the call of the Empire. My Averland force is just starting, but I am really going to enjoy playing whit them.  They're getting thrown into the deep end at the end of the month, when my shop is holding a border patrol tournement.