home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 188316 times)

Offline brr-icy

• View Profile
    • Warhammer Fantasy 6th Rules compendium
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1675 on: January 22, 2019, 05:33:46 PM »

How long have you been playing tabletop games?

I've been playing on and off for over 20 years.

What games have you played, or do you still play?

WFB 6th is my main game, easily the best of the ones I tried from 4th to 8th. We have a resurgence around here with quite a few armies and players.

What armies and figures do you have?

Easier to show than to list since I posted this in another thread:

Still waiting on my Wood Elves to arrive, but here's what I have so far.

Skaven, currently wrapping up my Skyre list, going to add some more to bulk up Moulder and Eshin.

Ogre Kingdoms

Chaos (Tzeentch, other people have the other factions, Khorne decided to slip in there with a couple models so far) Currently painting

Tomb Kings

Vampire Counts, enough to build a flavorful list for each family.

Empire, painted as Sylvannian for the option to use as levies for my Vampire Counts Von Carstien Appendix list,

Bretonnians

High Elves, Currently in paint process like the Chaos

Dwarfs, with an almost up to points Slayer Storm of Chaos army

Lizardmen, currently building a Lustria army option as well

How and where do you play?

We play at 3200 points and I have a table in my house, as do several of the other guys. Easier to drink while playing at home lol.

Do you have other interests/hobbies?

I collect Transformers as well.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 22, 2019, 07:42:08 PM »
Welcome to the muster! I love the display cases!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:31 PM »
Welcome!  :-)

Great collection there.  :eusa_clap: When I joined ten years ago, I had just started, with perhaps twelve painted minis.  :icon_lol:

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Von Zorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 10, 2019, 06:15:44 PM »
Hello all,

After lurking for a fair while now I thought it was time to sign up! I'm a keen tabletop gamer who usually focuses on a more narrative style of play, and with various sources of inspiration I've been working on some forces to begin a Warhammer campaign set in Estalia.

Thus far I have painted some units for my imagined Estalian city of Aguila (nestled somewhere in the North), and I am also working on a mercenary company from the Empire who are in Aguila's employ. Whilst I am very much inspired by some of the campaigns I've loved following here and on some other forums, I suspect mine may more resemble various linked games with lots of fluff written about them. The reason is that I only really have one opponent among my friends here in Lincs who both wants to play big-battle Warhammer* and prefers a more narrative approach to the games. I think running the Mighty Empires type thing for the two of us might be overkill, but we'll see how it goes.
I could always get some remote players or just people not interested in playing battles to make strategic decisions and have Derek and I play the battles (neither of us are win-at-all-costs types of players so we'd play to win even if we would be putting our own "factions" in peril by doing so...)

Will see how it goes I guess. I hope to share what I'm up to on here and continue to feast my eyes on the inspiring work of others but in a more interactive way. The units I've painted still need basing so I'll posts some (poor) photos after that's done. :D

*many of my friends only really like skirmish games these days, which is fine, but I love me some classic Warhammer. Currently playing 6th edition but may move to 8th as forces grow (still not played 8th).

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 11, 2019, 02:43:01 PM »
Welcome Von Zorn. Great intro! Cant hurt to try the campaign thing! I really want to do that also one day, but not there yet! Looking forward to hearing updates when you commit to it!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 11, 2019, 11:36:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Love the sound of the campaign and fluff ideas.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Europe, Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 12, 2019, 09:14:50 AM »
Welcome, von Zorn!

-Z
Simulation over gaming. Because fantasy matters.

Offline Padre

• View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 12, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
Well met, Von Zorn. I know thee! Good to see you posting here.
Photobucket has graciously resurrected my pictures, so my collected works thread is suddenly working again - see http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=38528.0. To see my slowly growing website go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Von Zorn

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 13, 2019, 08:40:34 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. When things get going fully I'll make a campaign thread, but I'll hang about posting nonsense as well of course.   :happy: