home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 203059 times)

Offline bnala

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1700 on: October 07, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
Been loving the forum over the last month, but there is so much great stuff! And that's before you get into Padre's https://bigsmallworlds.com/

I've got nothing yet, just about finished my first regiment.

Still, turning the whole spare bedroom into a painting studio - which should help. (someones not happy, he thought it was his bedroom).
[img src="https://photos.app.goo.gl/erXtSHKKr1GLGZXD7"[/img]

Offline Firey Baps

• Quo Fata Vocant
« Reply #1701 on: October 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »
fdg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 02:34:54 PM by Firey Baps »
The entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Offline Doombull

« Reply #1702 on: November 20, 2019, 05:59:04 PM »
G'day all.

I'll enjoy posting here from time to time. I was looking for a dedicated Warhammer Fantasy location and this one is now it. I've played tabletop wargames since I was 8 years old, and I'm now in my 25th year of doing it. I started with Battletech, and started in 40k 2nd edition. I was a bit too young for 2nd, and only just as I was starting to grasp the rules, 3rd edition came out, lol. I played 40k mostly until my early 20's, when I started to really get into Fantasy for the first time. I'd had some failed launches into Fantasy in my teens, but never really found a group to play with. It subplanted 40k for me and became my main game of choice for about 6 years.

I've had multiple armies, some cold starts, some not. but my main army? You can guess from the username. They're awful. Genuinely a terrible army, barely worth the plastic they're made of, but I do love my Beastmen. I also played Orcs extensively as well, and have a great love for them. I was going to build an Empire army at the time of the game basically coming to a complete close, but didn't pull the trigger outside of buying the rulebook.

I'm now in the process of rebuilding my Beastmen, new paintschemes, new models. I've gotta source bases and be reminded of the base sizes for some basic units, lol. But yes, I'm getting back in now that GW's announced support for the game once more. My friends and I used to play 7th, then 8th, for years. We're looking at doing some rules adjustments to 8th to make it a bit more acceptable until the new launch (alternating turn orders, and reducing the amount of points that can be spent on Heroes and Lords)

Offline KTG17

« Reply #1703 on: November 21, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
Hi!

I recently got into WFB and the Beastmen are one of my favorite armies. Havenít played them yet, but I love the models. Good to see another fan in the herd.

Online GamesPoet

• Happy Thanksgiving! : )
« Reply #1704 on: November 21, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Doombull

« Reply #1705 on: November 21, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
Hi!

I recently got into WFB and the Beastmen are one of my favorite armies. Havenít played them yet, but I love the models. Good to see another fan in the herd.

Oh man. I've loved the Beastmen since my first foray into WFB. My firstbeastman army, pure metal, was all Ungors with a single unit of 20 Bestigors, and a single unit of Minotaurs. Oh man, so good. Back when Ungors were basically just Orc boys for 4 poitns a model. I had 80 of them, badly painted, which I brought to a tournament. It was great.

But as a whole I've always loved Beastmen. I love the theme. I love the look. I love the wide variety of browns and tans you can use while painting them. I actually am thinking about painting my latest idea in a broad way, with some models being grey, others being brown, some being black, ect. I'm already looking at bovine and goat colours to reflect those on the miniatures. I'm really excited for it, but I want to make sure it doesn't clash too much, just so the army still looks good.

Offline KTG17

« Reply #1706 on: November 21, 2019, 07:22:04 PM »
I have a thread tracking my footsteps into my hobby. I have the Beastmen Battalion set, a chariot, and a unit of the newer plastic Minotaurs.

The only thing I have assembled so far are here: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=53028.250

I have a long way to go!