home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 218642 times)

Offline bnala

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1700 on: October 07, 2019, 10:44:19 PM »
Been loving the forum over the last month, but there is so much great stuff! And that's before you get into Padre's https://bigsmallworlds.com/

I've got nothing yet, just about finished my first regiment.

Still, turning the whole spare bedroom into a painting studio - which should help. (someones not happy, he thought it was his bedroom).
[img src="https://photos.app.goo.gl/erXtSHKKr1GLGZXD7"[/img]

Offline Firey Baps

• Quo Fata Vocant
« Reply #1701 on: October 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »
fdg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 02:34:54 PM by Firey Baps »
The entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

Offline Doombull

« Reply #1702 on: November 20, 2019, 05:59:04 PM »
G'day all.

I'll enjoy posting here from time to time. I was looking for a dedicated Warhammer Fantasy location and this one is now it. I've played tabletop wargames since I was 8 years old, and I'm now in my 25th year of doing it. I started with Battletech, and started in 40k 2nd edition. I was a bit too young for 2nd, and only just as I was starting to grasp the rules, 3rd edition came out, lol. I played 40k mostly until my early 20's, when I started to really get into Fantasy for the first time. I'd had some failed launches into Fantasy in my teens, but never really found a group to play with. It subplanted 40k for me and became my main game of choice for about 6 years.

I've had multiple armies, some cold starts, some not. but my main army? You can guess from the username. They're awful. Genuinely a terrible army, barely worth the plastic they're made of, but I do love my Beastmen. I also played Orcs extensively as well, and have a great love for them. I was going to build an Empire army at the time of the game basically coming to a complete close, but didn't pull the trigger outside of buying the rulebook.

I'm now in the process of rebuilding my Beastmen, new paintschemes, new models. I've gotta source bases and be reminded of the base sizes for some basic units, lol. But yes, I'm getting back in now that GW's announced support for the game once more. My friends and I used to play 7th, then 8th, for years. We're looking at doing some rules adjustments to 8th to make it a bit more acceptable until the new launch (alternating turn orders, and reducing the amount of points that can be spent on Heroes and Lords)

Offline KTG17

« Reply #1703 on: November 21, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
Hi!

I recently got into WFB and the Beastmen are one of my favorite armies. Havenít played them yet, but I love the models. Good to see another fan in the herd.

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #1704 on: November 21, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Doombull

« Reply #1705 on: November 21, 2019, 05:41:39 PM »
Hi!

I recently got into WFB and the Beastmen are one of my favorite armies. Havenít played them yet, but I love the models. Good to see another fan in the herd.

Oh man. I've loved the Beastmen since my first foray into WFB. My firstbeastman army, pure metal, was all Ungors with a single unit of 20 Bestigors, and a single unit of Minotaurs. Oh man, so good. Back when Ungors were basically just Orc boys for 4 poitns a model. I had 80 of them, badly painted, which I brought to a tournament. It was great.

But as a whole I've always loved Beastmen. I love the theme. I love the look. I love the wide variety of browns and tans you can use while painting them. I actually am thinking about painting my latest idea in a broad way, with some models being grey, others being brown, some being black, ect. I'm already looking at bovine and goat colours to reflect those on the miniatures. I'm really excited for it, but I want to make sure it doesn't clash too much, just so the army still looks good.

Offline KTG17

« Reply #1706 on: November 21, 2019, 07:22:04 PM »
I have a thread tracking my footsteps into my hobby. I have the Beastmen Battalion set, a chariot, and a unit of the newer plastic Minotaurs.

The only thing I have assembled so far are here: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=53028.250

I have a long way to go!

Offline HarryMason

« Reply #1707 on: February 22, 2020, 05:41:24 PM »
Hello! New to the forum, old to Warhammer.

I have collected and played many different armies, usually either some flavour of chaos or undead. Last year I started a Sylvanian army, the alternate one from the 6th ed. book, which required lots of living troops. This got me into Warlord's plastic landsknechts which I fell in love with. Recently, I have started my first proper Empire army in my Ostermark force. I reckon I might even get a few games played with it!

Offline Gankom

• The World Builder
« Reply #1708 on: February 22, 2020, 06:11:05 PM »
Welcome to the board!

Offline Noble Korhedron

• Empire General
    • www.facebook.com/rtedders
« Reply #1709 on: February 22, 2020, 10:46:13 PM »
Welcome to all the new members who have posted/joined since I was last here! Long-time member, looking to re-invigorate my gaming life, if I can only find opponents...

Also, Q. for @Firey Baps; what's "fdg"...?

Online Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1710 on: February 22, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »
Fluorodeoxyglucose - either that or falling down giggling.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Boruta

« Reply #1711 on: April 01, 2020, 06:05:38 AM »
A quick into/first post*:

Where: Canberra, Australia. Gamer mostly in dormancy who went from money poor/time wealthy to having disposable income but time/focus poor (not the worst way to be but has led to too many projects gathering dust). 

Gaming background: Moving beyond 1/72 scale plastics (mostly ESCI) started more seriously in tabletop gaming while in high school with 40K Rogue Trader (played Imperial Guard, the guys with grey camo, black flak vests and silver helmets attacking in blocks). Over the past few decades this has expanded into fantasy, historicals - different scales and rulesets, but very much a inverse ration beyond what's in boxes/on the lead pile and what is actually made and painted. Interest in WFB started with 3rd (started with a WD article from 1988 about Orc boarboyz, hit a high point with the Realm of Chaos books) and concurrently with WFRP (read a lot, and keen to run a 4th edition game). Currently running a Call of Cthulhu RPG campaign virtually. Occasional PC gamer. Like to blast metal and ambient sounds when chilling.

As noted above, have a lot of figs in boxes awaiting attention - need time and a kick in arse of motivation. For Warhammer, its chaos and Empire. 40K more besides. Key question I look forward to asking (and repeating other people before me) is: who makes good proxy knights that scale up as big men in big armour on big horses?!? Yes, I was happy when pistoliers came out, but sad that they dwarfed the old knights.

* I am pretty sure I have another account on here from the noughties but damned if i remember the email i used for it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:17:52 AM by Boruta »

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #1712 on: April 01, 2020, 10:41:30 AM »
Welcome again!
Glad to have you on the site. One of our contributors - Gamespoet - who you will no doubt hear from, is going to ask you about The Call of Cthulhu RPG for sure. I listen to some metal as well and this quarantine thing is great for me (and those around me) when I do lol.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.

Offline Teodoro

« Reply #1713 on: April 17, 2020, 12:18:17 PM »
Hi folks! im glad to be here! My english degree isnīt quicke good neither never mind. Ive started to scratch my army and Im excited to get ideas here. Thaks you so much to let me join! Regards from Magritta!!  :-P

Offline GamesPoet

• Global Moderator
  • Summer has arrived! : )
« Reply #1714 on: April 17, 2020, 12:22:53 PM »
Welcome to W-E! :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

Offline Wolfrik

« Reply #1715 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:07 AM »
Not new to the board but have not logged in for almost 4 years. (Missed it by 21 days). Guess after the Empire was destroyed so was the Valencia clan.

Offline Jmash

• Lancashire, UK
« Reply #1716 on: May 01, 2020, 10:29:31 AM »
Hi all,

Greetings from rainy Lancashire! I've been a long time enthusiast, having gotten into Warhammer as a youngling in the late 90's. I lost touch throughout my teenage years but always had a soft spot for the hobby and picked things up again and dabbled a bit more during my time at University. I've been really collecting again in earnest now for the past 8-9 years or so.

After stalking the online forums and pinterest etc. for many years I thought I'd finally get involved and this is my first interaction with the community in any way shape or form! I don't actually play any tabletop games at all, my interest lies in the lore and the collecting and appreciation of some sweet miniatures, largely from late 5th / 6th ed upwards as this chimes with the years when I first got the bug and in my opinion the sculpts of the figures around this time really started to become more refined and aesthetically pleasing to me.

My main focus for the last few years has of course been the mighty Empire, working on a force from Wissenland though I don't have much end product to show for it! At this stage I have nearly everything I was hoping to get my hands on but most of it is either sat in the boxes waiting to be built or is in the 'Blu Tack stage', headless and unpainted! As well as my Wissenlanders I also have modest forces of High Elves, Wood Elves and Bretonnians, I've been dabbling with the newer sets of Dwarfs and I've even flirted with the Undead over the years (wow that sounds weird...)

I decided to join the forum to get some insights, advice and appreciation from some like-minded folk, to share ideas and generally have some good craic and discussion in the process!

I hope to post some progress on here when I finally get something finished but don't hold your breath!

Cheers, Jmash  :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

« Reply #1717 on: May 01, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
Welcome Jmash! You are in the right spot for advice, painting (itís almost criminal how good some of the guys are. I have on occasion built little bonfires with my paintbrushes but they always remain approachable and have great advice)
Jump in and get involved 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017
Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

Mathi Alfblut Dec 9,2017
Get a binge of Yule ale, roasted boar and some proper axes and we will ALL be happy again!

GP Aug 8, 2019
Can we just take a hammer to it, smash it into little bits.