home

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 216452 times)

Offline Igelkotten Gunnar

• The hedgehog
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2007, 08:51:22 PM »
Hi all, I'm Igelkotten Gunnar real name is David  :closed-eyes: and I'm from Sweden

I'm not new on this site, been around here for about a year now, but never really bothered to make an account, until now. :happy:
I'm 17 year old and been playing Warhammers for about 5 years now. Although I'm not an Empire player (hope you won't put me on the stake) :engel: I have been playing them but needed so many soliders and my economics couldn't handle it, stupid infantry hordes  :-( so now I have decided to move to Dogs of War (infantry horde again)  :eusa_wall:
Other list of armies are Wood Elves, Chaos and Lizardmen

Although it's feels good with large infantry armies panic can be a real pain in the a**, witch I painfully discoverd to day  :biggriin:

Offline Luskan

« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2007, 10:30:25 PM »
Hi my name is Robert. I am 45 years old and have been playing warhammer for a little over a year. I currently have approximately 3000 points of painted O&G which I regularly play with at my local games workshop.

I got into warhammer from playing LOTR, orcs,dwarfs,Gondor,Harradim & goblins. I got hooked while watching the games.

At the moment I have a grand total of 1 completed (painted and based) empire model - Luthor Huss. I am currently working on two of the empire wizards, with a box of outriders and flaggelants waiting in line.

Oh I forgot, I am married with two sons and living in the UK, Wales to be precise.

Offline oak_prince

« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:01 AM »
I'm Alex, a 23 year old with too much time on his hands.

I'm a long-time Von Carstein player, with an army of converted 5E/6E Empire figures. *ducks barrage of musketballs*

I've started collecting Empire becaue of the flexibility of the list. Basically, I wanted an army I could collect and collect forever(unlike, say, Bretonnians). Still trying to decide between Nuln(I like their heraldry), Reikland(I have an idea to paint them quickly and attractively), and Stirland(to complement my Sylvanians).
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone".

Offline joarangoe

« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2007, 03:39:27 PM »
Hey there!, I'm Jorge from Medellín, Colombia.

I've playing Empire since 99 when 5th ed was still around. Ive got like 3000 pts of empire (including a Steam tank, wooott). This is not the first time Ive visited this website, but after about a year without touching a single mini Ive found myself again onto the hobby.

Here in Medellín is the largest southamerican warhammer community (i think), were about 150 players from 8 to  40+ year old. We've even done son official RTTs and make regular border patrol tourneys. Its fun you know...

I'm right now repainting my Panther knights into Reiksguard knights, cause they go better with my Carrobourg army theme. Ill post some pics later and you can tore appart my painting skills (or lack of them) :P.

Saludos!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:46:45 PM by joarangoe »

Offline Ignat van Sol

« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2007, 07:02:23 PM »
Hi all

My name is Ignacio and I am a 20yrs old college student. I come from Spain.

I started playing warhammer with high elves at 5th edition, but when I saw the new 6th empire I fell in love and made a human army. That was a few years ago and since then I have failed lots of leadership and stubborn tests (damn Greatswords)

I have a 2K points army based on the idea of a distant kin of Eldred, the last elector count of Solland, that tries to rebuild the glory of old Solland. Wish me luck!  :-D

Offline Northern Storm

• Retired from community as of 25 NOV 10
« Reply #430 on: August 21, 2007, 11:28:48 AM »
Hello,

I've been playing WHFB since 4th edition, a back and forth affair between Dwarfs and Men, but now am Empire for good! I plan to remain a staunch Empire player till the end of my days! I've been lurking here for a bit and am very impressed with the site/forums so far! I'm excited to join this community.  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks,

NS

Offline mike_the_fish

« Reply #431 on: August 21, 2007, 11:23:19 PM »
Hey all,

Name's Mike, and I have been playing Warhammer since about 5th edition or so.  My primary army is Dwarves, but I am also right in the middle of starting up a Marienberg DOW/Empire army.
---Big Trouble in Little China---
JACK: What does that sign say, Wang?
WANG: It says, "Beware the Hell of Boiling Oil!"
JACK: S***! Really?
WANG: No, really it just says "Keep out."

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »
Hello, do not know if I have done this before, but anyway...
Well, my name is Mattias, but my usual alias in the nerdy world of warhammer websites is Ramesesis. So some may know me by that name.

I am 33, having family with wife and three kids, one of which is a warhammerfan too. Quite handy when you want to play a game.
Another big hobby for me is re-enactment, and yes, that is me in my pic. :biggriin: I am presently doing early 17th century, but are trying to start a group that will do migration period 450-650 AD.
I am also planning to get gear for re-enacting a late 16th century soldier, and how more "Empire" can you get? :icon_wink:
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline chrismisterx

« Reply #433 on: August 28, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
Hello everyone and can I say, what a great website!

Anyway my name is Chris, I am 33 years old, married with 2 sons and I am in the Northeast of England.

I have Been Collecting Gameworkshop models for 2 years now or so, and think its time to start painting them up and gaming with them, most my items are still in the boxes hehe.

So I thought I would try my hand at Empire, never used the army before, so should be a fun learning process.

I have 2 old battle boxes ( £50 ones ) the new army deal, new battle box and tons and tons of metal models, not sure how many points but going to be fun finding out hehe.

Offline Etrigan001

« Reply #434 on: August 28, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
 :biggriin:

New member here! I live in Georgia, USA. I've been an Empire player for several years but haven't played much in quite a while. My player pool sort of dried up and I didn't have anyone to play with. I've recently been able to play a few games under the new rules and this has piqued my interest in the hobby again.

I have an Empire army painted in the colors of Altdorf. Pretty standard army without any fluff and or backstory. Probably close to 3000 points if I was to field everything I had all in a game. Maybe a little more.

Looking to add some new units to what I already have. The new kits look really cool! I'm just trying to decide on what province color scheme to use for the newer units I add. It never hurts to play with your neighbors once in a while.  :dry:

I hope I can get back into this on a more regular basis again. It's been tough watching all of these little men gather dust and see no play on the table.

MacSver

« Reply #435 on: August 30, 2007, 09:35:28 AM »
Greetings.

My name is Tim, hail from Livingston, West Lothian, Scotland and I’m 39 – at least, I am until October then it’s all down hill from there… :|
I’m married with one seven year old son, Cameron, whom I used as an excuse to loiter around the GW in Edinburgh one rainy summer day this year, and came away quite a few ££s lighter with the Skull Pass starter kit and some extra paints.

Other interests currently include mountaineering, badminton, swimming and PC gaming (Eve Online mostly, dabble with WoW, LoTRO etc. plus various other strategy games).

I recently discovered a GW had opened in my local Shopping mall (Livingston). Apparently, it had been open a few months but I never realised it was there until I wandered past a display case of miniatures in one of the main thoroughfares recently, along with a sign giving directions to the shop…which I eventually found tucked away in a quiet offshoot I hardly ever use! Again, using my son as an excuse I went for a quick look whilst the wife excused me from ‘man in the shop’ duties. Having had great fun painting the miniatures from the starter kit I decided to make things more interesting and being attracted to the Empire army I bought a couple boxes of state troops, some Knights and the army book.

As of now, I’m hooked. I’ve been reading up as much as possible since then and have embarked on building my first army. Currently I’m painting my first regiment of Altdorf halberdiers. I’ve yet to fight a battle, as playing with my seven year old is a case of ‘let the Wookie win’. However, my brother-in-law has agreed to run through some games with me soon so I can put the theory to the test…

So, as you can see, I’m a ‘noob’, so be gentle with me!  :wink:

Offline Version1

« Reply #436 on: August 30, 2007, 12:57:52 PM »
Hi
My name is Ben i have been playing Warhammer for about 3 years & have previously played Vampire Counts, Chaos Dwarfs & Ogre Kingdoms,
i am from kent but am currently living on the Scottish/English border near Carlisle.

I am a Photography student & i am planning a Empire army & am here for inspiration for what to make the theme of my army.

Dragonis

« Reply #437 on: August 31, 2007, 01:39:50 PM »
Hey, my name is Ryan.  I used to be a member on this forum a long time ago, and I decided to come back.  I don't really play Warhammer all that much anymore, but I still enjoy sitting down to paint every once in a while.

So, about myself.  I'm 16, I live in Toronto.  I'm into aviation and I aspire to be a pilot.  I'm a huge Nintendo fan.  Thats really about it.

« Reply #438 on: September 03, 2007, 08:22:34 PM »
Hello to Everyone,

I think this is a nice way to learn a bit about all the Warhammer players out in the world.
My name is Florian, I am from Germany (the Ruhr) and 25 years of age. I started to play Warhammer FB about 2 months ago. I have played another tabletop game called WarZone (set in the Mutant Chronicles Universe) for the last couple of years, but since there are hardly any miniatures left for this game, some friends and me started to play Warhammer. Furthermore, we prefer this game (so far) for the deeper tactics you have compared to stand'n'shoot mini-games.

For me, there was no other army than the Empire - I like the looks, the feeling of it, and, to be honest, the "ordinarity" of the army - sure, there is a lot of crazy stuff in there, but for now I prefer to field blocks of infantry and some knights on the table. So far I have about 1000 points - not totally glued and painted, but slowly it develops. I had just a few games yet, against Dark- and Woodelves, and they start to fear the mighty Empire!

Some day in the future maybe we can meet somewhere in this world on a battlefield,
until then I am happy to share my (little & noobish) experiences andlearn a lot from you guys,

Prost, Florian

von serpiris

« Reply #439 on: September 08, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »
 :mellow: HI there I'm new to the site and am very glad to have found an empire site thats well thought out and laid out. I currently have a 2000 point empire army and it continues to grow, I hope to get some pics and army roster soon so bear with me. Well enough ramblings from me good to be here "forward the unberogens!"

Offline Valdheim

« Reply #440 on: September 10, 2007, 07:37:22 PM »
Might as well make my first post, somewhat of an introduction of who I am. So 'ere we go:

I'm 19 year old male from Denmark, Jutland to be more precise (the large peninsula, which is connected to Germany).
I have played warhammer for about 4-5 years, and my first army was (of course) Empire... though it would be a lie (a very big one I may add) to say that I have never played another army.

Currently I am selling out all of my "other" warhammer, and am planning to stick with Empire as my only army (I even plan to gather a big one ;)).

I am a big fan of fluff, and must admit that I love the Warhammer fluff (i'm a sucker, I know) - even so I have some interesting plans with my Empire army, and might not go with one of the usual province colours, but rather make my own... but we'll see about that.

I guess that pretty much sums it all up, see ya all around!

Offline baldy orc

« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2007, 03:24:20 PM »
Greetings empire players.I am orc and and goblin of ten years now so I thought have a look on here and I am impressed.my good friend and fellow club member patch said it was good.I have used empire,dwarfs in the past under 6th rules.but now I mainly dogs of war and my first love orcs and goblins.

Offline ManBeard

« Reply #442 on: September 27, 2007, 04:53:47 AM »
Hey everybody, I am just stopping by to introduce myself.

I've been playing Warhammer for over a decade, but I took quite a few years off to pursue other interest and I am just now getting back into it. I played empire once upon a time, but right now I am building an army from the Black Mountains. I am basing the models on the real black mountains of europe (Montenegro), and so most of the models have some minor conversions, with some being rather heavily converted. So far I am happy with them, but I haven't had a chance to play yet (trying to get up to a decent size army before I invade the local GW store in H-town).

Here are some pics of what's going on:

Other than that, I am finishing up my law degree and busy playing soccer, basketball, and doing some MMA on the side. I keep a blog too:
http://themanbeard.blogspot.com/

Offline Duke Igthorn

« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2007, 02:46:42 AM »
Greetings loyal citizens of the Empire!

I'm 36 years old, married with 2 children. I work in the medical field. I reside in Pennsylvania,USA, near Allentown. I'm a long time Dwarf player, but have now restarted a long delayed Empire army. A Middenland/Ulric army using the new Empire book/rules. Teutogen Guard for Greatswords, Wolf Priests for Warrior Priests, units of Knights of the White Wolf, Warriors of Ulric as Free company,etc.

Anyone remember my avatar?? :icon_lol:
I've been a lurker for awhile, and this is one of the best WHFB sites around.
Nice to be here.

Take care!
Chad
Handgunners form ranks!
Load the cannons & mortars!
Steamtank full ahead!

Offline Von Breden

• Remembering the Eccentric
« Reply #444 on: September 30, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »
W00t, after a few months of lurking on this forum I can finally use those cool emoticons :biggriin:!

My name is Jason, I'm a fifteen-year old Belgian wargamer. Some of you may know me from Da Warpath where I am Grulkhor Shipraider. I've recently lost my interest in the greenskins (though I'm completing the army, my general will rule :happy:). At the moment, I'm thinking of starting a Sigmarite Averland army. I've bought some miniatures quite cheap (shop closed...). Since I will first continue to paint the last bits of Goblins, I won't post many pictures in the beginning, but that will change! I'm also quite a good writer, but since I'm Belgian, my work is in Dutch, and though my English is rather good, it's not good enough to write stories, so if there's anyone who would really really want to translate Dutch into English: here I am :happy:.

I hope I can learn many things here about the great nation and army that is the Empire :ph34r:.
Quote from: Siberius
I never noticed your height on account of your fabulous manly imperial beard.

He who has such amazing facial hair will never be short in the eyes of his comrades!

Offline El Grego

« Reply #445 on: October 01, 2007, 03:21:09 AM »
Greetings,

Old-time gamer here, but new to actually collecting/gaming Warhammer despite reading about it for 10 years or so.  I'm married with three sons, two of which play also (one has Dwarfs, the other Chaos).  I had originally intended to do a proxy Empire army using historical Landsknecht minis, but the receipt of an Empire army box solved that...  :biggriin:

I'm slowly assembling/painting a Nordland force (the wife picked out those colors  :happy: )

Greg

Offline arkhanari

« Reply #446 on: October 02, 2007, 06:45:34 AM »
23 years old from Sweden. Have been playing Dark Elves until recently when I decided to start collecting Empire instead. I registered on the forums to get som information on how to compose my Empire army.

Offline Nicholas Ironfist

• Witch Hunter Extraordinaire, Count of Sylvania.
« Reply #447 on: October 02, 2007, 08:11:42 AM »
Hi my name is Nick, I'm 36 and hail from Australia.
I first discovered warhammer via the Dark Elf (when a witch elf hag on a griffon was an army by herself) army book, oh how I love witch elves. Since then I have had Imperial guard, space wolves, imperial fist, orks and dark eldar. Fantasy saw me collect dark elves, high elves, wood elves, brettonians, dwarfs and of course empire. Unfortunatly I had to sell all my minis (most were fully painted :( ) but I'm back collecting Empire and Dark Eldar with plans to collect impy guard and dark elves. For me the main enjoyment of the hobby is mateship, though costs have forced all of my opponents out of the hobby in my local area. I look forward to gaming in touraments in the near future.
Thank you all for your inspirering storys and pictures, I look forward to getting to know you all.
Happy Hunting
Nick
Care not for the judgement of others, but go forth and do as you see fit.

« Reply #448 on: October 05, 2007, 11:21:32 AM »
Hey, Cam here. Live in Melbourne Australia. Been playing warhammer for a little over 4 years. I hate painting, love playing. Hence, while I'm cackling at my opponents floundering before the wrath of my army, they always have the opportunity to take a few cheap-shot remarks at the hurried appearance of my troops.

A bit about me: student, part-time comedian (come see me throughout some bars in melbourne CBD,) and aspiring army officer.
Hence, my interest is in the tactics and planning of warhammer. I love nothing more than knowing I've won a game before turn one is over, just because of sheer power of deployment and decisive movement. That being said, often my perfect planning, followed by "Snake eye Cam" rolling style drives me to table slamming frustration.

I play Imp guard in 40,000, to far less success than my empire army. I've decided that guard lose in 40,000 in the same way that the British lose at Cricket; and I should follow the poms example and just get over it.
I also play Greenskins in fantasy. The lack of reliability makes for amusing games, but not very glorious games. Although I like putting my whole left flank in the hands of a single orc chariot and watching it get smashed to pieces in turn one, and my whole goblin right flank being overrun by turn three, I decided it wasn't for me, and have "moved in a different direction,"  in the words of my previous two employers.

Anyway, that's me out.

Offline KiTe

• A(II)Rh+
« Reply #449 on: October 05, 2007, 11:48:58 AM »
Hello, everyone.  :smile2:
My name is Anton.
I'm 20 years old.
I'm from Moscow, Russia.

This summer I decided to start a FB army. Choosing from armies released for 7ed Rulebook I had four possible choices: O&G, Dwarfs, WE and Empire.
I like new state troops models, I like new rules for priests, I like new pistoliers so I've made my choice and now I'm here  :biggriin:

My friend suggested me to visit this site because of plenty useful information about gaming and painting.

After reading Armybook and Sigmar's Heirs RP book and looking through the miniatures range I've decided to collect Hochland army.

Now I'm making 1000 pts force.  :happy:

P.S.: Imperial smilies are the best!!!  :biggriin:
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
© Sir Winston Churchill after the victory at the Second Battle of El Alamein.