home

Author Topic: PM off  (Read 3175 times)

PM off
« on: July 03, 2003, 01:45:05 PM »
Why is the private messaging locked off?  It is a great feature, and you should have it (the site looks like invasion power board...)  Is there a special reason?
"There is no problem that cannot be solved with cannons"

Offline Zack

PM off
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 10:13:12 PM »
I think it is an invision board, can u get skins for these for free? If so, get some Empire skins going!

Offline Boris Todbringer

PM off
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 01:49:35 AM »
I would also like to see PM turned on, but I can live without it.
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

PM off
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 05:23:56 PM »
You can get free new skins for invasion, but they are just colour and set-out changes.  No empire that I know of.  Or even warhammer. Oh well..Its still the best forum engine I know of!

Offline Zack

PM off
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 08:46:09 PM »
I know of another forum, its called XMB, I also know a place to download all of the software, and I know a guy who works for XMB. Im not sure if it costs, i don't think they do, but u can make skins for them, so we could get an Empire or Warhammer skin for them, if you'd like to know more, I can get you in contact with the guy I know who works for them.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
    • http://www.warhammer-empire.com
PM off
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2003, 03:25:47 AM »
Quote from: Zack
I know of another forum, its called XMB, I also know a place to download all of the software, and I know a guy who works for XMB. Im not sure if it costs, i don't think they do, but u can make skins for them, so we could get an Empire or Warhammer skin for them, if you'd like to know more, I can get you in contact with the guy I know who works for them.

Thanks for the offer Zack.  If someone would like to provide a warhammer-empire.com skin that I approve of, I'll be happy to use it in the forums.  Keep in mind that I'm a little picky, but I would be open to submittals.  As for messaging,  we had the forums set up with messaging off.  If the demand for it is more, I'll talk with Bugman and see what our options are.  

-Grutch

PM off
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2003, 01:55:39 PM »
I don't want to seem to pushy, but I think it would help you to have the PM service on.

Offline IH8Skaven

PM off
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 02:32:19 AM »
PM's are cool Grutch, but make sure you think ahead in terms of bandwidth demand.  What's better?  Never having it, or getting it taken away due to much demand on your server subscription?  Since the Empire is vastly superior to all other races, there's no doubt that this place will supplant even Druchii.net in numbers.  :D

P.S. The changes you've made so far are making the site alot more impressive. Not that I was umimpressed before!

Offline Boris Todbringer

PM off
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 07:46:07 PM »
Hey....
I just realized that PM is on!
You've got questions? I've got a cannon.

Offline Bugman

• Lead Dwarf Engineer
  • Lead Dwarf Engineer
    • http://www.bugmansbrewery.com
PM off
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2003, 08:51:10 AM »
Hi,

PMs are now off to conserve precious bandwidth. I think that you would all agree that having a website around for longer is better then private messaging for a couple of months, besides, a forum is all about talking to each other in public, not about messaging in private

Bugman
http://Http://www.bugmansbrewery.com - The oldest, largest &  most informative Dwarf Website in the old world

PM off
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2003, 02:15:58 PM »
OK. If the forum last longer, I'm sures it's nessersary!